Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

tacoma or tundra build

Old 11-20-2013, 11:31 PM   #1
jesus209 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jesus
jesus209's Tacoma Gallery
tacoma or tundra build

I live in west texas and there isn't crap to do but dirt related stuff and shooting machine guns. I was going to get a can am renegade but i think i would have allot more fun in a long travel pickup, that would also be a daily driver. I have a 03 taco SR5 5speed 4 cylinder, i know this is a perfect pick up to start with but the power is not enough for me; i was thinking an ls swap. I also have a 04 tundra 6 cylinder that i can take from my dad pretty cheap. I dont really want to go through the trouble of an engine swap though...what if i get a used double cab 5.7 tundra, do a camburg long travel kit and a giant 64 kit in the rear and use it as my daily driver...how does this sound? or would i be better off sticking with my taco?
Old 11-20-2013, 11:39 PM   #2
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
I like the idea of the tundra as the toy and the tacoma as the DD, you'll keep your fuel cost down with the taco as the DD.

I'd check out supermotos tundra and see if you'd want something like that. here's his build http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/oth...02-tundra.html
Old 11-21-2013, 03:25 AM   #3
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
build both. problem solved.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:15 AM   #4
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
First you must ask what would Jesus do?

haha I say tundy
Old 11-21-2013, 11:07 AM   #5
jesus209 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jesus
jesus209's Tacoma Gallery
That tundra looks sweet! How do you think that dd link kit preforms compared to a real 4 link? What about a 07+ tunra with a 5.7, it already has all the power ill ever need, and i can poop on all the raptors around here.
Old 12-24-2013, 03:55 PM   #6
ColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud of

Name: Cole
ColesDirtyYota's Tacoma Gallery
With full size builds youll want larger shocks, larger tires and more gusseting and larger tubbing and ect. If you can afford to build a full size then hell yeah! But idk if you intend to tow it and not really drive it on the street or what your goal is. Both can be fun but full size= money. And You will need a larger trailer most likely to tow a tundra out. Just stuff to consider for down the road on the build but regardless have fun!