1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help with traction control on LT truck

Discussion in 'Long Travel Suspension' started by Jyam180p, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Dec 8, 2013 at 6:38 PM
    Jyam180p

Jyam180p [OP] Member

Member:
    Fort Bragg,CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Taco 4X4
    All Pro LT kit, All Pro Expo leafs, u bolt flip kit, Fox 2.5's, Trail Ready bead locks, Owens tool box, Timbren bumps, Mc'Neil 3"x3" fenders,Relentless Fab bumper.
    Hello,
    Last weekend I installed a All pro LT kit on my 2011 tacoma. Once I had it aligned, I drove the windy road home. On my way the traction control was going off around sharp turns around 25mph. The truck was gripping fine and was definitely not being pushed hard at all. Also, on the highway, It was wandering in the turns pretty badly. I re checked the torque on wheel barring and lugs, as well as the steering shafts. All was well. Anybody have any experience with this after installing an LT kit?

2. Dec 9, 2013 at 4:39 PM
    jberry813

jberry813 Professional Fluffer Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Lake Tahoe
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Sport
    ...too much shit to list.
    You need to do a zero point calibration for the VSC/ABS whenever you do anything at all to the suspension, steering, and alignment.
    Wandering is most likely due to alignment. What's your alignment spec sheet look like? You want as much caster as you can.

3. Dec 10, 2013 at 8:39 AM
    Jyam180p

Jyam180p [OP] Member

Member:
    Fort Bragg,CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Taco 4X4
    All Pro LT kit, All Pro Expo leafs, u bolt flip kit, Fox 2.5's, Trail Ready bead locks, Owens tool box, Timbren bumps, Mc'Neil 3"x3" fenders,Relentless Fab bumper.
    Thanks for the reply!
    I made sure that the shop that did the alignment had a machine rather than a tape measure had job. They put it to factory specs, but since then i've learned that it may need a 3-4 degree caster? Does this sound correct? I had planned on having the alignment done again after the springs break in and I adjust the height accordingly. Hopefully with some help I can get the #s for the correct specs. After I have that dialed in, I'll have the VSC/ABS calibrated. (Thanks for the info on that!) Can any shop calibrate this or is it something I need to deal with at a dealer?

4. Dec 10, 2013 at 8:44 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
  5. Dec 10, 2013 at 9:48 AM
    Jyam180p

Jyam180p [OP] Member

Member:
    Fort Bragg,CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Taco 4X4
    Thanks OZ-T, much appreciated.

6. Dec 17, 2013 at 2:54 AM
    PMK

PMK Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    10 DCLB TRD Sport
    White, debadged, Mudflaps removed, ICON 2.5 in front, 2.0 in rear, all 4 corners have reservoirs, Spidertrax wheel spacers all around, BAMF bolt on sliders, Avid lightbar, oem transmission cooler converted to power steering cooler, aftermarket transmission cooler eliminating all oem transmission cooler stuff, remote mounted spin on transmission fluid filter TrueTrac rear differential, rear diff housing vented and filtered into left side bed box, URD MAF calibrator, Volant intake scoop into oem airbox, second filter removed, airbox internals smoothed, blended and polished throttle body, NST intake manifold spacer, Wet Okolee set covers, WeatherTech Digital Fit mats, inexpensive JVC single DIN, Scangage, AVS Stepshield door sill protectors, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, URD Y pipe with O2 sims.
    Recalibrate is super easy and you should not wait. Requires the manual procedure and a couple of paperclips. The truck needs to be on flat ground with the wheels pointed straight ahead.

PK

Products Discussed in

To Top