1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Finally pulled the trigger on my Access cab build

Discussion in 'Long Travel Suspension' started by havasuflu, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Dec 22, 2013 at 2:19 PM
    havasuflu

havasuflu [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    So. Ca.
    Vehicle:
    03 REAL prerunner 2005 access cab prerunner
    2003 Four King triple bypass shocks, two King coil overs, King bump stops, Total Chaos long travel arms, Deaver springs, Bed and cab cage, Beard race seats, crow belts, fiber glass bed sides and front fenders,Alpine system with polk audio speakers, alpine amps, and j l audio sub. 2005 Total chaos long travel, four king tripple bypass, king bump stops, DMZ deaver kit, glass works fenders and bed sides, bed cage, front bumper,
    Finally pulled the trigger on my 05 access cab build. I have been gathering parts for over a year then my daughter wrecked her long travel 03 ! Again thanks to all the people here that coached me through dealing with the insurance company on that one. I put over two hundred hours and a lot of the insurance companies money back into her truck. Still need to get hers painted to be done!
    Now I have quit counting the hours put into mine at 350 ! Mind you I do everything myself at my home shop!! So far everything came out pretty nice, LOTS of work and time went into this truck, cant wait to get it out in the dirt and run it hard.

I want to add some thanks here to everyone that made this possible!!
    Bobby and the gang at Solo Motorsports are great!! They are HIGHLY recommended for anything you need!!!
    Same goes for Tim at DMZ Fabrication, Great guy and again HIGHLY recommended !!
    The whole crew at Total Chaos have been great too, between both Tacoma builds, mine and my daughters they have been very helpful !!
    And of course THANKS TO MY WIFE FOR NOT KILLING ME THROUGH THIS WHOLE BUILD!!!!! Now if I could get her to stop stealing the truck when I'm not looking :)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  2. Dec 22, 2013 at 2:22 PM
    havasuflu

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    So. Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2003 Four King triple bypass shocks, two King coil overs, King bump stops, Total Chaos long travel arms, Deaver springs, Bed and cab cage, Beard race seats, crow belts, fiber glass bed sides and front fenders,Alpine system with polk audio speakers, alpine amps, and j l audio sub. 2005 Total chaos long travel, four king tripple bypass, king bump stops, DMZ deaver kit, glass works fenders and bed sides, bed cage, front bumper,
    First day was hard, truck only has 40,000 miles and it was weird cutting the crap out of the frame. I kept thinking I hope I'm happy with the end result as the truck was perfect before I started tearing into it.
    [​IMG]

I sort of got over the cutting up a nice truck and just attacked it!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Dec 22, 2013 at 2:30 PM
    havasuflu

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    So. Ca.
    Vehicle:
    I bought a slightly used Total Choas kit and sent everything out for powder coating and added all new bolts and bushings since it was all apart. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I cleaned up the shocks ( which were just revalved by DC shocks in San Dimas)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I ended up removing the extended bottom front shock mounts and installing new standard King bottoms since the truck is two wheel drive.

4. Dec 22, 2013 at 2:55 PM
    havasuflu

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    So. Ca.
    Vehicle:
    I went with all Glass works glass. Tim does a great job, he gets a little busy sometimes but you will get the best glass in the end!! I went with the 6.5 x 4.5 fronts. I think they came out nice.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Dec 22, 2013 at 3:08 PM
    havasuflu

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    So. Ca.
    Vehicle:
    I added the Solo Motorsports coil bucket kit for extra strength
    [​IMG]

beefed up the front frame for the bumper.
    [​IMG]

Did a cab mount chop.
    [​IMG]

Solo made me some nice shock hoops!!
    [​IMG]

I think it came out nice.
    [​IMG]

Also bought five Method Double Standards and had the stock powder coating stripped, had them repowder coated Silver Vien and polished the bead lock ring.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thats about it for the front:[​IMG]

6. Dec 22, 2013 at 3:12 PM
    Easy rider

Easy rider Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    18' T4R 4x4 LT TC 3.5 over
    It turned out great! You end up going with the DMZ kit for the rear?

7. Dec 22, 2013 at 3:19 PM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    Looks tits, good job.

8. Dec 22, 2013 at 3:27 PM
    havasuflu

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    So. Ca.
    Vehicle:
    Now for the back:
    DMZ Deaver spring under, Tim at DMZ is one of the nicest guys in the off road industry!! Tons of skill and knowledge and not afraid to help you in anyway he can!!
    [​IMG]

I had to remove all rear suspension hangers, shock brackets, bump stops and rear end perches ! then remove all paint off frame to prepair for the new mounts and frame boxing.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ready to put the bed back on.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Time for the rear fenders!!
    [​IMG]

Time for the rear half cage, I wanted to build a half cage that will be joined to a cab cage at a later date: ( when I catch my breath and rest a little from the month and half of nonstop work on this build!!)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Dec 22, 2013 at 3:33 PM
    Easy rider

Easy rider Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    18' T4R 4x4 LT TC 3.5 over
    I love how clean the rear turned out. Great job Doug.

10. Dec 22, 2013 at 3:34 PM
    havasuflu

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    So. Ca.
    Vehicle:
    I still have a few things to do like an ARB locker and compressor, also I have Total Chaos upper control arms with Hiems just back from the powder coater to install. So far its been a blast to drive but I cant wait to get it in the dirt for some real fun!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Dec 22, 2013 at 3:44 PM
    ChamYota

ChamYota Crash Bandicoot Or Groot AKA Cham "Scottalot" Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Columbia,South Cakalacky
    Vehicle:
    05' Taco 4x4 swapped/ 2007 Toyota Land Cruiser
    H1 Morimoto projector with XB35 4300K bulbs with Mini-gatling gun shrouds, BHLM. Debadged,OEM roof rack,TW sticker,Sockmonkey Beside decals,265/70/16 Nitto terra grapplers with dick cepek DC'2 wheels,weathertech floor liners(front/back),USA Spec Ipod reader,Scanguage II,Bestop Supertopper and more in the works...
    LT builds are sooo sick.. :drool:

12. Dec 22, 2013 at 4:02 PM
    anthony250f

anthony250f Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 dcsb trd offroad 4wd
    looks sweet!

13. Dec 22, 2013 at 7:08 PM
    lembowski

lembowski Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Rolando, CA
    Vehicle:
    Jeeper Creeper
  14. Dec 22, 2013 at 9:00 PM
    AK 08TACO

AK 08TACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Wasilla, AK
    Looks good! That glass is begging for a + 4.5" kit!

Products Discussed in

To Top