DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

long travel kit

Old 12-26-2013, 02:58 PM   #1
likemytaco is on a distinguished road
likemytaco's Tacoma Gallery
long travel kit

Im thinking about gettin the engage long travel kit. How much work do need to make the OEM spindle work with the engage kit?
Old 12-26-2013, 03:10 PM   #2
SPEEDY CRAWLER
4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: cody
4runnercaged's Tacoma Gallery
the stock spindle will bolt on the engage long travel kit.
Old 12-26-2013, 03:39 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4runnercaged View Post
the stock spindle will bolt on the engage long travel kit.
are u sure? Cuz emailed them n he said I either have to modified my stock once or get the aftermarket once.
Old 12-26-2013, 03:47 PM   #4
SPEEDY CRAWLER
4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: cody
4runnercaged's Tacoma Gallery
why?

im not 100% sure but im 90% sure.
im pretty sure its all bolt on...
call them and ask
Old 12-26-2013, 03:54 PM   #5
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
I believe he is referring to the spindle gusset...
Old 12-26-2013, 04:06 PM   #6
Ok nvm, I just misread the email. thank you tho!
Old 12-26-2013, 04:19 PM   #7
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
You might want to shop around, there are quite a few unhappy customers with Engage's LT front kit.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:14 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
You might want to shop around, there are quite a few unhappy customers with Engage's LT front kit.
really? I like it cuz it alotta cheaper than the other once n im not really offroading or anything. what other brands thats out there with reasonable price?
Old 12-26-2013, 09:34 PM   #9
Findus11 will become famous soon enoughFindus11 will become famous soon enough
Findus11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by likemytaco View Post
really? I like it cuz it alotta cheaper than the other once n im not really offroading or anything. what other brands thats out there with reasonable price?
If you're not really offroading, theres no point in getting long travel. It's a huge investment that lets you go a lot faster offroad than a stock truck. On road.... having a wider track and no sway bars makes your truck a lot harder to drive.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:49 PM   #10
Penis Bird
SoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalTacos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Findus11 View Post
If you're not really offroading, theres no point in getting long travel. It's a huge investment that lets you go a lot faster offroad than a stock truck. On road.... having a wider track and no sway bars makes your truck a lot harder to drive.
True statement...I'd mid travel and spacer it if I were you.
Not to mention all the sounds, up keep involved with long travel.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:54 PM   #11
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not really off-roading? Don't get a LT kit, more then you probably want to tackle with maintenance and cost.

also, im not one to comment on grammar...but seriously? lol
Old 12-26-2013, 10:00 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTacos View Post
True statement...I'd mid travel and spacer it if I were you.
Not to mention all the sounds, up keep involved with long travel.
thanks guys! U guys just probably saved me alotta n troubles, appreciate it!
Old 01-02-2014, 11:07 AM   #13
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thanks guys! U guys just probably saved me alotta n troubles, appreciate it!
think it through before you start to tear your truck up... once you go all in, it's ALL in...

if you are local to the So Cal area, you are more than welcome to come out to one of the Barstow or Lucerne Valley races and cruise by our camp... you can see the chase trucks up close and maybe go for a ride...

i have had the kit on my truck for 6 years with the original stock spindle...