Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

MT or LT any input from people that have had both

Old 01-28-2014, 10:39 PM   #1
zooroadbaja is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
zooroadbaja's Tacoma Gallery
MT or LT any input from people that have had both

I have a 3rd Gen 4Runner, that I'm not sure what direction I should go. I'm asking on here because there's way more members that have ran both. I've been around the desert seen for awhile. But I've never had a LT A-Arm vehicle. I've always built Fords with I-Beams. I'm back and forth on what to buy MT or LT. Not sure if the MT(Bolt in co, upper arm, and spindle gusset) will do what I want. I basically want to be able to get around Ocotillio, Barstow, Lucerne. Mainly the service roads. Like Blow Sand to Gas Domes or Bessemer Mine Road. I know a MT travel setup isn't going to handle the whoops liked my previous cars. Is there a noticeable difference over what's on there now, which is OME. Or should I go with the LT setup? The only thing really holding me back from this is, price and having to run fenders and doing something with the rear to keep up. Also to how do the racks hold up?
Old 01-28-2014, 10:40 PM   #2
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Since your not new to the game you know the cost of LT. ANd your local to a ton of helpful guys who have both, if i were you i would go for a ride in each and see what would suit your needs better
Old 01-29-2014, 05:19 PM   #3
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
if you can afford LT you'll waste your money on MT, as you go faster and faster youll want more.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:20 PM   #4
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
You should get mid travel if you don't live near an area where LT is worth it. If you can afford it then go full Lt.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:24 PM   #5
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
You should get mid travel if you don't live near an area where LT is worth it. If you can afford it then go full Lt.

I guess most of the SoCal Des like he mentioned doesn't count since he is in socal...
Old 01-29-2014, 05:27 PM   #6
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah go LT if you can afford it . Not cheap
Old 01-30-2014, 07:54 AM   #7
Y2kbaja is on a distinguished road

Y2kbaja's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Tacoma with TC 3.5" arms on the front and 62" Deavers on the back, been prerunning with it for years. For sure it's LT. Though I only have the coil over on the front (no bypasses) I haven't touched the set up since I've had it. I got to drive the 2013 Tacoma Total Chaos "shop truck" if you will, the brown extra cab with camper shell that's on their website. It has TC stock width front arms with Deavers sprung under the rear, bypasses and bumps on all 4 corners. It handles WAY better than my truck and was faster in all the terrain on the Mojave Road. My point is that proper set up is better than any LT, MT or race set up. I'm going to start working on set up
Old 03-22-2014, 05:21 PM   #8
RYANBORN is on a distinguished road
Name: RYAN
RYANBORN's Tacoma Gallery
This sounds like good advice.
Old 03-22-2014, 05:31 PM   #9
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaltaco65 View Post
if you can afford LT you'll waste your money on MT, as you go faster and faster youll want more.
This, though to go faster you'll need more than suspension upgrades. Think engine cage and other frame reinforcements.