1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ford 9"

Discussion in 'Long Travel Suspension' started by ironman_jon, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Feb 4, 2014 at 7:58 PM
    ironman_jon

ironman_jon [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner Sport
    URD TCAI Wicked Flow 18" 2 10in alpine type r 1500 watt amp MB 72 matte black Custom Bumper Debadged Glassworks fenders McNeil bedsides Helix TB Spacer Intake Manifold Spacer Custom Roof Rack 5x 55w HID SK2 projectors 55w DDM 5k Bulbs Camburg Long Travel Fox Coilovers
    Ok I'm going to be building a 9". I would like to stay the stock track width in the rear but staying open to options.

I found a 65" wheel to wheel 9" complete with axles and 3rd member. (Unknown gear ratio) is this ok?

uploadfromtaptalk1391572508230.jpg

My plans are to have some Currie axles made so I can continue the 6×5.5. Also going to truss the housing and prep for a spring under from DMZ.

What are some opinions on this.
    Stay with the OE rear end, go wider etc.

2. Feb 5, 2014 at 11:47 AM
    06HAOLE

06HAOLE Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    2019 Ford Raptor
    I would go wider if I were you. Are you running a LT kit front or rear? If you run a rear LT kit having a wider axle will let you run 2.5 or 3.0 rear bypasses without worrying about shocks touching the frame or tires rubbing the shocks.

I ran a 9" on my last truck and it was nice to have such a wide rear axle to match the front LT kit.

Products Discussed in

To Top