DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Bump stop spacer?

Old 03-25-2014, 06:19 PM   #1
Dance Party Guru
Drakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to behold

Drakivnsf's Tacoma Gallery
Bump stop spacer?

Here is a link to the thread of my issue if anyone can help me figure this out.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ottom-out.html

My question is do I need a spacer for my bump stop? Anyone else run a setup similar to mine? And the next question is will raising it by preloading the spring more and leveling the driver side to get rid of the taco lean maybe aleviate my issue? it only did it on the driver side, and nothing hit on the passenger side.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:28 AM   #2
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
I would clearance the fender before limiting the bump travel.

Cut off the tabs, grind it smooth, take a rubber mallet and pound it out as much as you can. The tire will do the rest.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:18 PM   #3
Dance Party Guru
Drakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to behold

Drakivnsf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpatriot View Post
I would clearance the fender before limiting the bump travel.

Cut off the tabs, grind it smooth, take a rubber mallet and pound it out as much as you can. The tire will do the rest.
ok thanks I was planning on doing that anyways. I think I am just going to get a set of superbumps to swap out to and then sell these timbrens.