Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Spindle Gusset Install ??s

Old 05-14-2014, 08:56 AM   #1
cccrockettt is on a distinguished road
Name: David
cccrockettt's Tacoma Gallery
Spindle Gusset Install ??s

Okay truck suspension is to the point that I need to gusset the spindles. My question is do I have to remove the spindle to weld it on or is there an easier way.

If I do have to pull it off what tools do I need and does anyone know of a forum that has a good step by step pictorial that I can refer to if I have questions?

If I can I would prefer to not have to fully remove it if at all possible. Just seems like that would be a lot of work just to do a simple job. I do have my own welder and plan on doing it myself just if I can would prefer that it not be a full day job for ten minutes of welding.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:05 AM   #2
Supermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Landon
Supermoto's Tacoma Gallery
You can weld it on the truck. Just unbolt the upper arm from the spindle so you can move it around to get access. Done a lot this way.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:10 AM   #3
That's a big relief. Looked like a lot more work than I wanted for just welding that thing on. You don't by chance have any pictures of how you do it do you?
Old 05-14-2014, 09:13 AM   #4
Do you still remove the break rotors and all that or just loosen it from the upper control arm and cover everything to protect it from sparks?
Old 05-14-2014, 09:16 AM   #5
Supermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Landon
Supermoto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cccrockettt View Post
Do you still remove the break rotors and all that or just loosen it from the upper control arm and cover everything to protect it from sparks?
Didnt even take the brake rotor off and was able to reach everything. I used a ratchet strap to keep the spindle from falling down.

Old 05-14-2014, 02:52 PM   #6
Awesome that's exactly what I needed. Thank you.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:54 PM   #7
SPEEDY CRAWLER
4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: cody
4runnercaged's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermoto View Post
You can weld it on the truck. Just unbolt the upper arm from the spindle so you can move it around to get access. Done a lot this way.

this is how we did it.

personally i removed the rotor for better access to it but it doesnt relaly matter.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:57 PM   #8
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
doesnt even take long to remove it...id rather do that
Old 05-23-2014, 01:31 PM   #9
paranoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

paranoid56's Tacoma Gallery
yea, i took mine off also, easy to do, and allows you to weld it on the bench.