Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Long Travel Decisions

Old 06-01-2014, 09:12 PM   #1
RYANBORN is on a distinguished road
Name: RYAN
RYANBORN's Tacoma Gallery
Long Travel Decisions

While saving for LT suspension I cant help of thinking of what I should do first? Buy the front kit, along with everything needed to finish the front? Keep saving and don't buy nothing until I can buy front and back and fiberglass? Do the back first? Looking for advice.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:22 PM   #2
BBM Offroad
BBMOffroad is a jewel in the roughBBMOffroad is a jewel in the roughBBMOffroad is a jewel in the roughBBMOffroad is a jewel in the rough
Name: Chris
BBMOffroad's Tacoma Gallery
Long Travel Decisions

Most people do the front first. I know I did and many of my friends did as well. Factory rear suspension will never keep up with the front. Every once in a while you see someone that does the rear first.

As far as collecting parts. Many will get and install fiberglass first then save up for a long travel kit. You can always do spindle gussets or fabricated spindles at a later time.

Personally, I wouldn't jump out and buy it all at once. I'd shop around see if you can find a deal on the lt kit you want. Same goes with coilovers. Find some that look to be in good shape. You can always rebuild them and cleanup on the inside to make them like new. In the end you will save a lot.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:48 PM   #3
I <3 Pink Tacos
JawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
JawKnee's Tacoma Gallery
I say save your money and buy an already built truck. In the end you will probably spend much more building your 2014 then buying a used fully built truck that's desert ready.