Notices

drop bracket to Long travel?

Old 06-01-2014, 11:22 PM   #1
Grantman is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Grant
Grantman's Tacoma Gallery
drop bracket to Long travel?

I have a 6" BDS lift with Fox coil overs and custom leaf springs in the back. My question is, has anyone ever seen a truck go from a drop bracket lift to a long travel set up? I really like the height of the lift I have now but would love to have more travel. Would it be passable to use a long travel system with the drop bracket in place? That would be what I would really want to do, keep the height of the drop bracket and then get the extra travel with a long travel bolted on it.

Any help, ideas, pictures, shops who could do the work, would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:28 PM   #3
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-01-2014, 11:30 PM   #5
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I heard you whispering my name so I got excited
Old 06-01-2014, 11:41 PM   #7
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
so what youre asking is stacking the long travel up with the drop bracket?

if so that a big no no sir...

now if youre going to ditch the db then yea people have done it like rondog

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lon...ng-travel.html
Old 06-01-2014, 11:46 PM   #8
Grantman is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Grant
Grantman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post

Why would that not work?
Old 06-01-2014, 11:59 PM   #9
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post

now if youre going to ditch the db then yea people have done it like rondog

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lon...ng-travel.html
That's not exactly true. You can bolt longtravel on to a drop bracket but be prepared to spend some money. If your spindles don't bolt up, you will need new custom fabbed ones that are the same length as your current ones. Also, you will need a custom shock length and it will be a little tough figuring that out. BUT! If you really want it to work, you can. I'd also gusset/strengthen the actual drop bracket while you are at it since it needs to be just as strong if not stronger than the original mounting area for the LCAs.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:03 AM   #10
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantman View Post
Why would that not work?
im sorry i should have answered differently, see you can bolt it up to your db with some modifications (as i can see that was already mentioned)
theres a picture somewhere that someone has done it, not sure if it was a 4x4 tho. it would be a bit expense. for the price of the already db lift and adding LT i would just sas the truck
Old 06-02-2014, 07:37 AM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiatt1991 View Post
That's not exactly true. You can bolt longtravel on to a drop bracket but be prepared to spend some money. If your spindles don't bolt up, you will need new custom fabbed ones that are the same length as your current ones. Also, you will need a custom shock length and it will be a little tough figuring that out. BUT! If you really want it to work, you can. I'd also gusset/strengthen the actual drop bracket while you are at it since it needs to be just as strong if not stronger than the original mounting area for the LCAs.
It will bolt up 100%, but the problem is, besides being top heavy with a messed up COG is that the 4" lower crossmember will act as a point of leverage and twist when using the LT as it was intended.