Notices

which long travel kit ti get?

Old 06-07-2014, 12:16 PM   #1
Grantman is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Grant
Grantman's Tacoma Gallery
which long travel kit ti get?

I'm switching form a 6" BDS drop bracket to a long travel set up. I'm not sure which kit to get (All-pro, Camburg, Total Chaos) most of my off roading is on the beach which can get a little bumpy at higher speeds. I like how the All-pro only makes the front wheel track only 4" wider unlike Camburg and Total Chaos both make it 7" wider.

Any suggestions on which kit to get please let me know. Pros and cons for both please.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:46 PM   #2
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
I chose TC
Old 06-07-2014, 12:57 PM   #3
Army:
Why are some trucks running additional bypass shocks and are they necessary?
Old 06-07-2014, 03:03 PM   #4
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Total Chaos makes a +2" kit for a 4" track width increase as well. I would go TC over All Pro.
Old 06-07-2014, 03:20 PM   #5
WTF
1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06HAOLE View Post
Total Chaos makes a +2" kit for a 4" track width increase as well. I would go TC over All Pro.

This
Old 06-07-2014, 03:36 PM   #6
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
TC > AP.

Both make +2" kits
Old 06-07-2014, 04:10 PM   #7
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
I'm right up the road from you with a total chaos +2" kit. Let me know if you want to check it out and see how it handles.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:18 PM   #8
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
When I eventually go LT it will be total chaos for the front.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:37 PM   #9
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
MCM fab when I get my front done
Old 06-08-2014, 08:35 AM   #10
Army:
I didn't know that TC made a +2 kit. I see it on their website now. I think I have at least narrowed it down to TC, now do I want +2 of +3.5.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:37 AM   #11
Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
I'm right up the road from you with a total chaos +2" kit. Let me know if you want to check it out and see how it handles.
That would be great! Just PM me where and when a good time is for you.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:09 PM   #12
Str8Flexin is on a distinguished road

Army: 75th Ranger Reg.
Name: Ryan
Str8Flexin's Tacoma Gallery
I would do 3.5 if you are going to be driving at high speeds more like a trophy truck. If you are trail riding a lot of people do a +2 kit to not make it to wide.

Just to let you know if you have not chosen which one to go with yet. I have a brand new Complete All Pro LT kit with fox Reservoir shocks for 3600 shipped. Also have the same kit with used walker evans shocks for 3200 shipped. Both kits come with everything you need including extended axles.

Good luck with your build
Old 07-23-2014, 01:43 AM   #13
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantman View Post
Why are some trucks running additional bypass shocks and are they necessary?
Running a bypass shock will allow you more dampening but isn't really necessary unless your running your truck really hard in the desert.

I see really built trucks all the time that are just running a coilover. A properly setup coilover is way better than an improperly setup coilover and bypass.
Old 07-23-2014, 04:39 PM   #14
Camburg Girl
KayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kayla
KayStrait's Tacoma Gallery
Check out Camburg Long Travel kit:
http://camburg.com/store/05-12-taco/...tacoma-lt-kit/

All parts made in the USA, and built in house. you will get 14-15 inches of wheel travel in the front with our kit. We also offer a TW discount! Let me know if you have any questions, and I can help you out.
Attached Thumbnails
which long travel kit ti get?-05taco_lt2.jpg