1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FOR SALE: Long travel 08 tacoma NEW DROPPED PRICE $23K

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacomas For Sale (2005-2015)' started by estetesta, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Feb 22, 2015 at 6:34 AM
    Tommiet

Tommiet Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Charlotte Area
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner
    Non-stock parts do not add much (if anything) to the value of the truck. I've added about 4k to my truck but I know it does not add much at all to the resale value.

NADA for a 2008 with every single option selected is 16-21k - using my zip code. Your mileage will vary...... but probably not by 9-13k. My Toyota dealer has a 2008 Double Cab PreRunner with 62k for 21,595.

Many owners here take off the add-ons and place the factory parts back on and sell the parts to recover some of the cost. For me, a unmolested truck is worth more.

Wish to seller the best of luck.

2. Feb 22, 2015 at 7:47 AM
    JBecker

JBecker Well-Known Member

Member:
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2015 AC SR 4X4 2.7 Manual

Dude, this is a built desert truck. It's not just bolt ons, it's been highly modified. In my opinion the price is fair.

Silverspool likes this.
  3. Feb 22, 2015 at 8:09 AM
    estetesta

estetesta [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Esteban
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab Prerunner Sport
    08 Toyota Tacoma double cab V6 4.0L 6 lug Tires: 35x12.50R18 Engage upper and lower control arms 2.5 12" sway-away coilovers 2.5 King Bumps Spindles Gusseted Frame plated and beefed up Black powder coated skid plate LED Halo headlights Engage 6" rise 6" bulge front fiberglass fenders Engage 6" rise 6" bulge rear fiberglass fenders Solid engine cage K&N cold air intake Magnaflow exhaust Bolt on rear bead cage with 2 spare tires rack battery box with red optima battery 2.5 16" King double bypass shock Deaver long travel leaf springs 3 rear LED brake lights 2 rear LED turn lights 2 rear LED oval amber lights And thats all i can really think of off the top of my head lol
    I understand that some ppl will think my truck might be over priced BT if u know anything about long travel and how much it can cost to do everything they will understand that they'll be saving a lot of money in the long run...
    JBecker thanks for the good words
    Its just about waiting for the right buyer that understands the value of everything I've done

Firebird likes this.
  4. Feb 22, 2015 at 8:20 AM
    JBecker

Member:
    Virginia
    Vehicle:

No problem.

You posted this on any of the desert truck and race vehicle boards?

I'd also like to see some video of this truck in action if you have them.

5. Feb 22, 2015 at 8:28 AM
    JLee

JLee The Man! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 Extra cab SAS Linked front and rear
    I lost track thousands of dollars ago.
    I think if the truck was finished (painted) you might get close to your asking price from the right buyer. Heavily Modified trucks are defiantly harder to sell to most people. Asking a price of a new truck for a used modified truck will defiantly turn most buyers away. I have 50k into my truck and its 13 years old so getting what i have into it will never happen and im totally fine with that. The unfinished bed sides just say needs more work and no one wants to drop 30k on a "fully built" rig that needs more work.

I think if you finish the build have it painted and all the little things that need to be done you could push that asking price but thats me.

Firebird and sect0r like this.
  6. Feb 22, 2015 at 8:33 AM
    estetesta

Member:
    First Name:
    Esteban
    Vehicle:
    08 Toyota Tacoma double cab V6 4.0L 6 lug Tires: 35x12.50R18 Engage upper and lower control arms 2.5 12" sway-away coilovers 2.5 King Bumps Spindles Gusseted Frame plated and beefed up Black powder coated skid plate LED Halo headlights Engage 6" rise 6" bulge front fiberglass fenders Engage 6" rise 6" bulge rear fiberglass fenders Solid engine cage K&N cold air intake Magnaflow exhaust Bolt on rear bead cage with 2 spare tires rack battery box with red optima battery 2.5 16" King double bypass shock Deaver long travel leaf springs 3 rear LED brake lights 2 rear LED turn lights 2 rear LED oval amber lights And thats all i can really think of off the top of my head lol
    No this and Craigslist are the only websites I've put it on so far...I'll try to get a few vids on here for u guys

7. Feb 22, 2015 at 8:34 AM
    Jerez

Jerez SoCal LED Dash Swap

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Diamond Bar/Ontario, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 2wd converted to 4wd
    Estock
    if you have a problem with what the op is selling or don't agree with something send him a pm about it and don't post it on his thread...
    (Ask the mods to clean the thread)

8. Feb 22, 2015 at 8:35 AM
    JBecker

Member:
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
  9. Feb 22, 2015 at 8:35 AM
    estetesta

Member:
    First Name:
    Esteban
    Vehicle:
    Yes that makes sense I've been waiting to paint them for awhile now just haven't gotten around to it BT that will prolly be a good idea...thanks for ur opinios guys

Firebird likes this.
  10. Feb 22, 2015 at 8:38 AM
    estetesta

Member:
    First Name:
    Esteban
    Vehicle:
    Haha thanks for the back up Jerez lol
    And JBecker thanks for that website looks to be exactly what I'm looking for =)

11. Feb 22, 2015 at 8:39 AM
    JLee

JLee The Man! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    Yeah paint would go a long way for sure and im sure you would make money on how much more you could get for the truck after you invested in the painting.

12. Feb 22, 2015 at 8:41 AM
    estetesta

Member:
    First Name:
    Esteban
    Vehicle:
    $70 for paint, do the work myself===more money in my pocket lol

A.I.I.Raciing likes this.
  13. Feb 22, 2015 at 9:03 AM
    JLee

JLee The Man! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    If you have the skills it would be worth the work for sure.

14. Feb 22, 2015 at 9:44 PM
    estetesta

Member:
    First Name:
    Esteban
    Vehicle:
    Yes I've painted my old front fenders my old rear fenders and the current front fenders so I guess it would be smart to paint the rear fenders

15. Feb 23, 2015 at 4:07 AM
    Tommiet

Tommiet Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Charlotte Area
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner
    "highly modified" is a red alert for many buyers. Not saying this is the case, but "highly modified" can be another name for "highly abused."

Guess I missed that "desert truck" option on the NADA web site. :D

You are correct in that it may be a fair price for a very select few, but any dealer would probably be pushed to pay out 16k with the needed paint and other items. Highly modified=more difficult to sell... IMO.

But the OP can ask what ever he wants and wait and see. Maybe someone would pay the asking price, but most TACO owners understand that they won't get the bucks they spend on most aftermarket installed parts when it comes time to sell. A good reason to keep the factory parts.

Again... Not trashing the OP..Just my 2 cents. Going to let this one die out....

16. Feb 23, 2015 at 4:20 AM
    Mxpatriot

Mxpatriot Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 AP LT and Locked
    Holy shit, you just don't quit do you?

This is a niche market truck. Those who partake in this specialized category of vehicles value the cost of the parts, labor, and fabrication put into a long travel truck. That's why he's advertising in the LT section with an LT truck.

Fully built, well built LT trucks routinely sell significantly above NADA. This truck falls a little shy of that standard but I'm sure it will sell at a decent price.

17. Feb 23, 2015 at 6:20 AM
    estetesta

Member:
    First Name:
    Esteban
    Vehicle:
    Thanks mxpatriot I know I still have a few little things I can address to make it look cleaner BT I'm not in a big hurry to sell so trying to get the most out of it...thanks for the good words tho...sweet truck BTW ☺

18. Feb 23, 2015 at 9:18 AM
    JBecker

Member:
    Virginia
    Vehicle:

You don't like the price and feel it should be the same as a stock truck. We get it.

Silverspool likes this.
  19. Feb 23, 2015 at 9:30 AM
    estetesta

Member:
    First Name:
    Esteban
    Vehicle:
    Its all good JBecker its just his opinion lol
    Just like u i know the value of all the work that has been done...
    Im not trippin on one guys opinion
    Thats why we live in the good ol US of A!!
    Shout out to all our Past Present and Future Military vets...we salute you and owe our lives to you guys!!!

20. Feb 24, 2015 at 6:51 PM
    estetesta

Member:
    First Name:
    Esteban
    Vehicle:
    Just bought some fresh paint for the rear fenders so ill probably hav a few new pics when i hav them mounted up again....
    bump for fresh painted rear fenders?? lol

Products Discussed in

To Top