DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

long travel suspension kits

Old 05-11-2009, 04:31 PM   #21
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
you can tune the coilovers and rebuild them, that is the main reasone i bought the saw's, bilsteins and ome you can't rebuild.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:44 PM   #23
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
don't the toytec's use bilstein 5100's, if you want coilovers i will sell you mine when i go long travel in a couple of month's
Old 05-11-2009, 04:48 PM   #24
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
don't the toytec's use bilstein 5100's, if you want coilovers i will sell you mine when i go long travel in a couple of month's
Depending on price and if somebody wants to buy my OME setup sure. Im not a crazy desert guy. I just want to be able to go a little faster than normal through some stuff.

Did you say you were going with Camburg's long travel?
Old 05-11-2009, 05:22 PM   #26
Banned
allupinsydeyou is a glorious beacon of lightallupinsydeyou is a glorious beacon of lightallupinsydeyou is a glorious beacon of lightallupinsydeyou is a glorious beacon of lightallupinsydeyou is a glorious beacon of lightallupinsydeyou is a glorious beacon of light
Marines:
allupinsydeyou's Tacoma Gallery
saws stands for sway-a-ways. and you rebuild the internals and tune the shim stacks inside so it is custom done to your truck.

the kid that started this thread still isnt listening i guess either... i must have no idea what im talking about....

you want lt... then buy my truck.

but then again... i must not know a single thing im talking about.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:45 PM   #28
Banned
allupinsydeyou is a glorious beacon of lightallupinsydeyou is a glorious beacon of lightallupinsydeyou is a glorious beacon of lightallupinsydeyou is a glorious beacon of lightallupinsydeyou is a glorious beacon of lightallupinsydeyou is a glorious beacon of light
Marines:
haha no issue...

now once again for those not going to the desert on a almost DAILY basis.... at least every weekend and do some serious mashing.. dont waste your money on long travel. like steve has said numerous times... a bolt on coilover kit and a upper control are will improve your ride ten fold. and dont think you can put on a upper and a coilover and your ready for the baja 1000. you need to know your limit and the limit of your vehicle. your not super duper man in a truck because you have some bolt on shit. yes.. you put the kit on the smart thing to do would be redo the rear... that is also expensive. you should at least get a smooth body foa and tune it out so the ass end of your truck doesnt pack really hard then throw u into a endo. that is easily done on stock leafs for the most part as long as (once again) you arnt trying to be the idiot that thinks you can pull up next to a truck like mine and even have a fighting chance. use your head... your dick isnt anywhere near as big as it looks under that microscope your using.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:07 PM   #29
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allupinsydeyou View Post
haha no issue...

now once again for those not going to the desert on a almost DAILY basis.... at least every weekend and do some serious mashing.. dont waste your money on long travel. like steve has said numerous times... a bolt on coilover kit and a upper control are will improve your ride ten fold. and dont think you can put on a upper and a coilover and your ready for the baja 1000. you need to know your limit and the limit of your vehicle. your not super duper man in a truck because you have some bolt on shit. yes.. you put the kit on the smart thing to do would be redo the rear... that is also expensive. you should at least get a smooth body foa and tune it out so the ass end of your truck doesnt pack really hard then throw u into a endo. that is easily done on stock leafs for the most part as long as (once again) you arnt trying to be the idiot that thinks you can pull up next to a truck like mine and even have a fighting chance. use your head... your dick isnt anywhere near as big as it looks under that microscope your using.
you say that the rear is easily done with the stock leafs. How so. Because I havent done anything to the back yet. Just tsb. What would you recommend? that 3 leaf progressive pack?
Old 05-11-2009, 08:33 PM   #30
Tacoma with the TRI package
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tri
TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRICOMA Send a message via MSN to TRICOMA
With a truck set up like that you must not know anything about suspension.

Note: to the person that started this thread...these guys know what they are talking about. You already mentioned that you are not a desert runner and just want to wheel from time to time. Why spend the extra money when someone with an LT is telling you to go with UCAs and Coilovers. We need Brandon H to chime in...he has IVD and is a crawler. If you see some of the stuff that he goes through...you will be amazed on how well Coilovers can handle.

Good luck with whatever you do. It's your money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allupinsydeyou View Post
saws stands for sway-a-ways. and you rebuild the internals and tune the shim stacks inside so it is custom done to your truck.

the kid that started this thread still isnt listening i guess either... i must have no idea what im talking about....

you want lt... then buy my truck.

but then again... i must not know a single thing im talking about.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:15 PM   #31
jd, you would get a leaf pack like mine, the deaver 10 pack, the saw's(sway a way) are the same coilover that camburg sells, you will also see racerline coilovers which are the same thing as well. next time i see you i will show you, or you can look in my gallery.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:30 PM   #32
Banned
Marines:
im gunna agree... it is his money... if he wants to spend it foolishly then call me... i will build you a custom lt kit for the front of your truck. lets just say bumped and strapped you will pull about 18 inches of wheel travel... that sound about good? well when you save 8k you call me up and i will hand you the kit. because that is no instal no coilovers no nothing but boxed uppers and lowers. you want it all mounted then add 2k on top of that. that will gt you the bumps and coilovers and pay for my time to mount it. pm me if your interested. welcome to the world of longtravel... you want race truck parts your gunna pay race truck prices.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:31 PM   #33
Banned
Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
jd, you would get a leaf pack like mine, the deaver 10 pack, the saw's(sway a way) are the same coilover that camburg sells, you will also see RACERUNNER coilovers which are the same thing as well. next time i see you i will show you, or you can look in my gallery.

fixed
Old 05-11-2009, 09:53 PM   #34
thanks Nick, i'm tired.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:01 PM   #35
Banned
Marines:
no prob man. its how i roll. haha
Old 05-11-2009, 10:41 PM   #37
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Yup thats it, heres another site.
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05upt...eafsprings.htm
Old 05-11-2009, 10:45 PM   #39
same set up, the j66 leaf pack, demello has them for i think 599, but i think the price is old, i bought mine straight from deaver. hey Steve, i have your icons sitting in the garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
thanks guys. how much do the deaver packs run? Is that the one i saw on camburgs website for like 6 hundred?
Old 05-12-2009, 05:36 AM   #40
tacoma #12 is on a distinguished road
tacoma #12's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys, i am still just trying to figure things out cause i am new to all this and dont know what your talking about, but i think i will go with the UCAs and coilovers and the deaver 3 leafs in the back or somethin similar to that. what does the UCAs with coilovers do though, how does it add more travel and make the ride better?