DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

long travel suspension kits

Old 05-15-2009, 03:52 PM   #121
Banned
allupinsydeyou is a glorious beacon of lightallupinsydeyou is a glorious beacon of lightallupinsydeyou is a glorious beacon of lightallupinsydeyou is a glorious beacon of lightallupinsydeyou is a glorious beacon of lightallupinsydeyou is a glorious beacon of light
Marines:
allupinsydeyou's Tacoma Gallery
if anything.. its would be the stock mounting points fo your uppers and lowers that would go out before the arm itself did.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:05 PM   #122
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06Bluez View Post
The stock shocks are pretty weak on the bottom where they mount to the LCA. They are only like a 1/4" diameter just before the eye, I speak from experience as mine have snapped. Pretty much all aftermarket coilovers are reinforced at that point with a thicker and a more squared design for extra strength.

OME and Bilstein 5100's dont have that extra reinforcement so for that reason I would never purchase. Sorry if I offended any of you OME or Bilstien lovers, Im just expressing personal opinion.
Your lift was set up like crap. Thats why they broke.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:06 PM   #123
06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
I knew you would chime in Chris.. LOL.. I still wouldnt do it if I didnt have the 2.5" spacer.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:22 PM   #124
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06Bluez View Post
I knew you would chime in Chris.. LOL.. I still wouldnt do it if I didnt have the 2.5" spacer.
Live and learn.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:57 PM   #125
tacoma #12 is on a distinguished road
tacoma #12's Tacoma Gallery
quick question, do yall think a taco with UCAs and coilovers could do a 3 diamond trail or even 4 with a bumper winch and sliders? I was kinda thinking about the ttora event but i dont know
Old 05-19-2009, 02:01 PM   #126
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma #12 View Post
quick question, do yall think a taco with UCAs and coilovers could do a 3 diamond trail or even 4 with a bumper winch and sliders? I was kinda thinking about the ttora event but i dont know
I think so. A lot would have to do with tires and whether or not you have 4x4. Locker always helps.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:43 PM   #127
Banned
allupinsydeyou is a glorious beacon of lightallupinsydeyou is a glorious beacon of lightallupinsydeyou is a glorious beacon of lightallupinsydeyou is a glorious beacon of lightallupinsydeyou is a glorious beacon of lightallupinsydeyou is a glorious beacon of light
Marines:
allupinsydeyou's Tacoma Gallery
you are too new at this whole truck thing to be on a 3 or 4 diamond trail let alone a 2. you need to know the limits of your truck and your own personal capabilities before you try to chill with the big boys. crawl before you walk.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:56 PM   #128
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allupinsydeyou View Post
you are too new at this whole truck thing to be on a 3 or 4 diamond trail let alone a 2. you need to know the limits of your truck and your own personal capabilities before you try to chill with the big boys. crawl before you walk.
There's definitely a lot to this statement. An experienced driver can often get a stock rig through stuff that breaks a built rig with an inexperienced driver behind the wheel.

Get out and have fun. The more you wheel, the better you'll get at it. Build a solid truck with skidplates, sliders, a locker, and decent tires and you'll be amazed at what it can get through. You'll almost always break something if you push yourself, but each time you'll be a bit smarter and more experienced for it.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:12 PM   #129
tacoma #12 is on a distinguished road
tacoma #12's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, thanks guys, that makes alot of sense