1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Long Travel??????????

Discussion in 'Long Travel Suspension' started by Sky, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Jul 2, 2009 at 5:58 PM
    Sky

Sky [OP] Taco Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Redlands/Yucaipa
    Vehicle:
    05 V6 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    First of I painted my truck Satin flat black,.... well faded satin flat black lol, it has 5100s up front and J66's as well as billy 5150s in the rear, 285/ 75/16 Falcon wild peak A/T, Axis regulators painted satin black, with a tan rings! brush bar with 30 in led light bar , Custom rear Bumper, Straight Pipe. Led Hi/Low, and led fog lights, Flat Black Interior!
    I have a 05 taco, and for now im just going to put a lift kit. But later when i get more money, i thinking of doing Long Travel, but I dont know if I want to Do Camburg, or Total Chaos.

Both are about the same amount.... which one should I do?

2. Jul 2, 2009 at 6:01 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I vote for the Eeny Meeny Miny Mo technique. They are both great products-It's kind of up to you.

If you can catch a ride in both and look at a truck with them installed- Probably the best thing to do. Alternately- the dart method could work too.

3. Jul 2, 2009 at 7:06 PM
    bajamoon

bajamoon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier

good answer, I know camburg has a tacoma you can ride in, i am going camburg and they told me to come over for a ride which i have not yet, don't know about tc.

4. Jul 2, 2009 at 7:08 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I've got the TC arms....I like them so far...After my alignment tmrw I'll let you know how they REALLY are. Quality built parts tho.

5. Jul 2, 2009 at 7:10 PM
    bajamoon

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier
    the lower arms or upper, i want to convert my lower ball joint to uniball, but don't want to spend 1500 on the whole thing.

6. Jul 2, 2009 at 7:11 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    I should have specified...Uppers. I haven't really started building anything intense yet.

7. Jul 2, 2009 at 7:12 PM
    bajamoon

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier
    i have them too, no problems after 6,000 miles.

8. Jul 2, 2009 at 7:43 PM
    Sky

Sky [OP] Taco Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Redlands/Yucaipa
    Vehicle:
    05 V6 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    First of I painted my truck Satin flat black,.... well faded satin flat black lol, it has 5100s up front and J66's as well as billy 5150s in the rear, 285/ 75/16 Falcon wild peak A/T, Axis regulators painted satin black, with a tan rings! brush bar with 30 in led light bar , Custom rear Bumper, Straight Pipe. Led Hi/Low, and led fog lights, Flat Black Interior!
    Oh sweet, I like both. But Camburg is a lil bit cheaper, but thats because you dont get as much stuff with it, shocks are going to cost the MOST!!!

9. Jul 2, 2009 at 10:15 PM
    bajamoon

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier
    i called camburg and for them to install with shocks, race spindle, and bump stops and fenders with everything else is 6500, that is alot of work for you to do.

10. Jul 2, 2009 at 10:16 PM
    mikesdoublecab

mikesdoublecab LT Chase Truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Mohawk Mike
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma DoubleCab V6 Prerunner
    Engage Offroad long travel front and rear with some fat tires.
    you can always go local too and check out the Engage kit...

feel free to hit me up for a ride out in Lucerne or Barstow...

I will be out at the dry lake bed off Bessemer Mine road in Lucerne this coming Saturday morning...

We should also have my truck, an 05+ dcab out at Lucerne on Saturday 7/11...

kit has boxed lowers and comes with flutter stacked valved Kings coilovers for about $3,200... that includes upper arms, lower arms, steering extensions, limit straps, AND the coilovers, and other necessary parts...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Jul 2, 2009 at 10:20 PM
    bajamoon

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier
    looks goof Mike, does engage have a website, i hear good things about them. And how much travel are you getting.

12. Jul 2, 2009 at 10:24 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    Is that rear as well?

13. Jul 2, 2009 at 10:25 PM
    bajamoon

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier
    no, dmz quoted me around 8,000-9,000 for a full bed cage and sustom setup for the rear.:eek:

14. Jul 2, 2009 at 10:26 PM
    mikesdoublecab

Member:
    First Name:
    Mohawk Mike
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    www.engage-offroad.com

yah, the 05+ tacos are beasts with the LT on...

16" of travel... with less than an inch of preload, my UCA is at neutral position so im getting equal travel up and and down...

now only if my rear end would keep up with the front, i would be golden, but i am getting ready to cage and build the rear...

:D

15. Jul 2, 2009 at 10:28 PM
    mikesdoublecab

Member:
    First Name:
    Mohawk Mike
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    yah, i think Camburg comes out to about the same price... some serious investment...

PM me though for a hookup on the rear... i think you can get the rear done for as low as $6,000, race/chase ready...

im working on finding a more affordabe route though, so keep ya posted...

16. Jul 2, 2009 at 10:29 PM
    bajamoon

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier
    thanks Mike, i wonder how much they would charge me to install and how much for the kings, i will send them an email.

17. Jul 2, 2009 at 10:30 PM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    Thats soo expensive! I need to find myself a sugar mama. I think when I graduate in 2 years and snag a job that will be my present to myself. Not a sugar mama but a full race ready taco!

18. Jul 2, 2009 at 10:31 PM
    bajamoon

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier

get both, my wife makes alot more than me, i don't mind.:D

19. Jul 2, 2009 at 10:33 PM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    haha nice. What does she do?

20. Jul 2, 2009 at 10:36 PM
    bajamoon

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier
    quality engineer, works with computers all day. she works for this company.
    http://www.realtor.com/

Products Discussed in

To Top