DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Long Travel??????????

Old 07-02-2009, 05:58 PM   #1
Taco Member
Sky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud of

Marines: 1371 Combat Engineer
Name: Brandon
Sky's Tacoma Gallery
Long Travel??????????

I have a 05 taco, and for now im just going to put a lift kit. But later when i get more money, i thinking of doing Long Travel, but I dont know if I want to Do Camburg, or Total Chaos.

Both are about the same amount.... which one should I do?
Old 07-02-2009, 07:06 PM   #3
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
I vote for the Eeny Meeny Miny Mo technique. They are both great products-It's kind of up to you.

If you can catch a ride in both and look at a truck with them installed- Probably the best thing to do. Alternately- the dart method could work too.

good answer, I know camburg has a tacoma you can ride in, i am going camburg and they told me to come over for a ride which i have not yet, don't know about tc.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:10 PM   #5
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
I've got the TC arms....I like them so far...After my alignment tmrw I'll let you know how they REALLY are. Quality built parts tho.
the lower arms or upper, i want to convert my lower ball joint to uniball, but don't want to spend 1500 on the whole thing.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:12 PM   #7
Quote:
I should have specified...Uppers. I haven't really started building anything intense yet.
i have them too, no problems after 6,000 miles.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:15 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky View Post
Oh sweet, I like both. But Camburg is a lil bit cheaper, but thats because you dont get as much stuff with it, shocks are going to cost the MOST!!!
i called camburg and for them to install with shocks, race spindle, and bump stops and fenders with everything else is 6500, that is alot of work for you to do.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:16 PM   #10
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
you can always go local too and check out the Engage kit...

feel free to hit me up for a ride out in Lucerne or Barstow...

I will be out at the dry lake bed off Bessemer Mine road in Lucerne this coming Saturday morning...

We should also have my truck, an 05+ dcab out at Lucerne on Saturday 7/11...

kit has boxed lowers and comes with flutter stacked valved Kings coilovers for about $3,200... that includes upper arms, lower arms, steering extensions, limit straps, AND the coilovers, and other necessary parts...

Old 07-02-2009, 10:20 PM   #11
looks goof Mike, does engage have a website, i hear good things about them. And how much travel are you getting.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:24 PM   #12
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
i called camburg and for them to install with shocks, race spindle, and bump stops and fenders with everything else is 6500, that is alot of work for you to do.
Is that rear as well?
Old 07-02-2009, 10:25 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
Is that rear as well?
no, dmz quoted me around 8,000-9,000 for a full bed cage and sustom setup for the rear.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:26 PM   #14
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

www.engage-offroad.com

yah, the 05+ tacos are beasts with the LT on...

16" of travel... with less than an inch of preload, my UCA is at neutral position so im getting equal travel up and and down...

now only if my rear end would keep up with the front, i would be golden, but i am getting ready to cage and build the rear...

Old 07-02-2009, 10:28 PM   #15
LT Chase Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
no, dmz quoted me around 8,000-9,000 for a full bed cage and sustom setup for the rear.
yah, i think Camburg comes out to about the same price... some serious investment...

PM me though for a hookup on the rear... i think you can get the rear done for as low as $6,000, race/chase ready...

im working on finding a more affordabe route though, so keep ya posted...
Old 07-02-2009, 10:29 PM   #16
thanks Mike, i wonder how much they would charge me to install and how much for the kings, i will send them an email.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:31 PM   #18
Quote:
Thats soo expensive! I need to find myself a sugar mama. I think when I graduate in 2 years and snag a job that will be my present to myself. Not a sugar mama but a full race ready taco!

get both, my wife makes alot more than me, i don't mind.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:36 PM   #20
Quote:
haha nice. What does she do?
quality engineer, works with computers all day. she works for this company.
http://www.realtor.com/