DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

My new Engage long travel

Old 07-29-2009, 08:14 PM   #1
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
My new Engage long travel

Got my new Engage long travel enstalled by Engage this week and love it. King 8" stroke coilovers with reservoir, they make the ride like and old caddy until you get down to business. All heim joints, boxed lca's. Stock spindle for know but the back is slowing me down anyways. Here are a few pics.

sorry for this one being sideways, i am too lazy to fix.

I would like to thank Hassim at Engage for busting his ass to get it done.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:31 PM   #2
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
How does it feel to own my dream truck?
Old 07-29-2009, 08:35 PM   #5
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great! How much travel is expected from that kit?

Looks like you're still running the stock bumpstops. Any plans on swapping them out for some air bumps to soften the landings? It'll help tremendously, especially if you don't have a set of bypass shocks firming up the dampening when things get really compressed.

Since I know there's no way you could possibly leave it stock at this point, what's the plan for the rear?
Old 07-29-2009, 08:36 PM   #7
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by The End View Post
How does it feel to own my dream truck?

feels good, but you are late on the payments.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:39 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Looks great! How much travel is expected from that kit?

Looks like you're still running the stock bumpstops. Any plans on swapping them out for some air bumps to soften the landings? It'll help tremendously, especially if you don't have a set of bypass shocks firming up the dampening when things get really compressed.

Since I know there's no way you could possibly leave it stock at this point, what's the plan for the rear?

the stock spindle is stoping the travel on the top uniball so it touches the bump at the end of travel, i will install bumps at some point, travel with stock spindle is 14.75, with race spindle is 16. for the rear i am going to go to blitzkreig motorsports and do a 4 link. bypasses i will add when i do the rear since the rear is going to slow me down at the moment.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:41 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
How much would this run? I know how much All Pro and Camburg are... and Wow.
here is a link to their website, shocks are around 1200.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:43 PM   #11
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
4-link? Sweet!

Lots of huge changes coming the future for you! You pulling the bed?

Save yourself the future hassle and get a racing fuel cell when you move the gas tank for the 4-link. You'll want to race it soon enough anyway.

You have a timeframe for the build?
Old 07-29-2009, 08:47 PM   #13
Quote:
4-link? Sweet!

Lots of huge changes coming the future for you! You pulling the bed?

Save yourself the future hassle and get a racing fuel cell when you move the gas tank for the 4-link. You'll want to race it soon enough anyway.

You have a timeframe for the build?
the bed will be gone and i will run a fuel cell, i have to talk to the wife but i was thinking a month for the rear. Don't know about racing but if i did it's only a hour drive to barstow. The best of all of this work is i can still drive mine.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:48 PM   #14
socal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Diego
socal16's Tacoma Gallery
are you going with a setup like this??
Attached Thumbnails
My new Engage long travel-dsc00754.jpg   My new Engage long travel-dsc00755.jpg   My new Engage long travel-dsc00762.jpg  
Old 07-29-2009, 08:48 PM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonTacoma View Post
ahhh how did you steal my truck?
come on over to cali and pick her up, you know you want out of south carolina.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:50 PM   #16
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great steve, your one lucky man not even having your truck for a year and its like that man just wow, cant wait to get a ride in the mean looking truck.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:54 PM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal16 View Post
are you going with a setup like this??
looks like that but not total chaos, Engage less money and you get heims. And in my opinion they use a special valved king coilover.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:58 PM   #18

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
The best of all of this work is i can still drive mine.
*shakes tiny fist*
Old 07-29-2009, 08:59 PM   #19
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
haha low blow but true
Quote:
*shakes tiny fist*