DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Engage Long Travel previews

Old 02-20-2010, 08:52 PM   #21
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Thanks. I'm trying to see if I can figure out how I can mount one without actually drilling holes in the bed. Not many first gens have them I think, so I wasn't sure.
you could always fabricate a clamping system...
Old 02-20-2010, 08:55 PM   #22
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
you could always fabricate a clamping system...
That's what I was thinking was the best route.

I was thinking something similar to this would be a good option...

or maybe something like this:

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053

I don't know how strong those would be though.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:05 PM   #24
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i would be concerned about strength if running antennas and lights, and theft...
It's be only running lights. But still, theft is something I've been thinking about too. Hell, I guess I can always just bolt it to the bed.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:10 PM   #25
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
im not sure if the engage kit is to much travel for me haha i like the totol chaos, because the amount of travel.but uts more $ than the engage.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:11 PM   #26
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
oh and do you know where the with truck got its bumper haha
Old 02-20-2010, 09:29 PM   #27
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkrider101 View Post
im not sure if the engage kit is to much travel for me haha i like the totol chaos, because the amount of travel.but uts more $ than the engage.
Quote:
oh and do you know where the with truck got its bumper haha

the greater amount of travel makes for a smooth ride... if in so cal, feel free to come out to the races when we are out and we can see about giving you a ride...

pound for pound, the price for the Engage kit is pretty good...

the bumpers are also made by Engage...
Old 02-21-2010, 01:16 AM   #28
Work In Progress
nolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Weapons Director
nolanspawn's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to nolanspawn
Interesting
Old 02-21-2010, 04:14 PM   #29
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
Engage ftw
Old 02-21-2010, 06:07 PM   #30
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, here is something that has been on my mind. I am getting a custom bumper made, similar to the AP but thicker. Would that be too much weight for the front with a kit like this? I just see everyone running the baja style bumpers and didnt know if you have to run something like that.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:14 PM   #31
i think it will be ok
Old 02-21-2010, 07:52 PM   #32
LT Chase Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillfly199 View Post
Ok, here is something that has been on my mind. I am getting a custom bumper made, similar to the AP but thicker. Would that be too much weight for the front with a kit like this? I just see everyone running the baja style bumpers and didnt know if you have to run something like that.
Quote:
i think it will be ok
yah, that's fine... the lower arms of the Engage kit are boxed and beefy as hell...

the design of the production kit is based on the Engage race trucks, 1482, 1492, and 1412...

all of the primary chase trucks for the team are running the same kit that is being offered, so there is quite a bit of faith in the product...

and, as many of the so-cal TW members will tell you, we pretty much take these trucks out at least once or twice a month, so there has been plenty of real world testing...
Old 02-21-2010, 09:15 PM   #33
Work In Progress
nolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Weapons Director
nolanspawn's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to nolanspawn
So would you say the extended travel Icons would or would not work with the LT kit?
Old 02-21-2010, 09:20 PM   #34
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
That 1st Gen is BAD ASS!
Old 02-21-2010, 09:26 PM   #35
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm, I'm gonna seriously look into this kit now. Thanks for the info Mike.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:27 PM   #36
LT Chase Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanspawn View Post
So would you say the extended travel Icons would or would not work with the LT kit?
5-8635 - Extended Travel Coil-over Shock Kit

that would not work with long travel...

the Engage kit is designed with King coilovers, so you're best bet is to go that route...
Old 02-21-2010, 09:49 PM   #37
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanspawn View Post
any of the stock replacement coilovers will not work with the engage kit. Kings only on the engage kits. Icon makes a coilover for ly but i don't know anyone that would pic icon over king
Old 02-21-2010, 09:51 PM   #38
LT Chase Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
any of the stock replacement coilovers will not work with the engage kit. Kings only on the engage kits. Icon makes a coilover for ly but i don't know anyone that would pic icon over king
i can think of one Camburg truck that did...

Old 02-21-2010, 09:58 PM   #39
Quote:
i can think of one Camburg truck that did...

i meant they won't work with the engage kit, i know the camburg you can. that shows the diff between the two kits
Old 02-28-2010, 03:27 PM   #40
YuriKapustin is on a distinguished road
YuriKapustin's Tacoma Gallery
Just picked up my engage LT kit today!!! Hassim did an awesome job on the fabrication. It looks sick. I keep trying to stand the pieces up against one another to see how it would look haha. Now i gotta buy the 2.5x10 dual rates and get my glass installed. I got JRock's 4runners glass. The one with the big humps and sweeping hood scoop. F'n siiiiiiiicck! Im sanding it now for paint. Ill post pics soon!!!