DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Camburg long travel??

Old 09-10-2009, 09:44 AM   #1
KR FAB
sandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Amir
sandman427's Tacoma Gallery
Camburg long travel??

Whats up yall... I am wanting to buy the camburg long travel system that they got thats about 3000$... I was wondering what yall have heard or think about this setup... and will it work with the 4" spindles that i have...?? Im also woundering how much difference in travel will i get if lets say i just get there UCA and keep the stock Lower control..??
Thanks Amir
Old 09-10-2009, 05:32 PM   #2
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
I have only heard awesome things about the camburg LT kit and it look bad ass in person too.

however, there is a huge diff in travel from a LT set up and just a replacemnt UCA. they have 2 diff spindles and one is for the LT only (im pretty sure) so i dont think that your spindle would work w/ the LT. call up camburg and ask them all the questions they are a great company and have great cust service and products
Old 09-10-2009, 05:42 PM   #4
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
why dont long travels come with spindles?
Old 09-10-2009, 05:51 PM   #6
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

oh so there is a spindle that goes with the lt just not the one you have?
Old 09-10-2009, 05:58 PM   #7
KR FAB
sandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yup.... Kinda wack but im not worrying about it too much... I want the Long travel and all but im not in dire need of it... I think Im gonna stick with just the upper control that they have.... Or do u guys know of any other long travel kit..??
Old 09-10-2009, 06:07 PM   #8
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman427 View Post
yup.... Kinda wack but im not worrying about it too much... I want the Long travel and all but im not in dire need of it... I think Im gonna stick with just the upper control that they have.... Or do u guys know of any other long travel kit..??
There is total choas. They are located in Corona. Also Engage. If you sell your spindles let me know.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:11 PM   #9
Almost there

hey man! i was gonna say sell me the spindles haha

iv saving for spindles but dont know which ones to get? i want the 4" lift from camburg but then if i save up for long travel gotta get new spindles. the total chaos are nice. maybe ill just treat myself right, get the total chaos with some coilovers and set them up a little bit and just forget about a 3000 dollars investment in a long travel
Old 09-10-2009, 06:16 PM   #10
Almost there

why not go with the engage lt with their spindles?? thats about the same price as the camburg or tc without the spindle, then you have another spindle to use and sell me yours!!

$2250 long travel
$900 spindles

$3150

then sell me yours for like 600 bucks since you seem like a nice guy and your only spending $2550!!
Old 09-10-2009, 06:21 PM   #11
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
why not go with the engage lt with their spindles?? thats about the same price as the camburg or tc without the spindle, then you have another spindle to use and sell me yours!!

$2250 long travel
$900 spindles

$3150

then sell me yours for like 600 bucks since you seem like a nice guy and your only spending $2550!!
Except for the fact that I got dibs
Old 09-10-2009, 06:40 PM   #12
KR FAB

lol... It might not be a bad idea... The total chaos didnt work as well... Its actually cuz of my shocks.... But i forgot about engage.. Ill try them next... But If i do sell the spindles which doesn't seem like a bad idea ill let yall know... But r u guys really down..??? How is Engage anyway..??? I see alota stickers on the 405 and parts from them on a lot of other tacomas..
Old 09-10-2009, 06:47 PM   #13
Almost there

iv seen a couple at the dunes and they look and seem to drive absolutely amazing! people are very very happy with those setups and those are worth the money from what they say.

great design, strong, and most of all most affordable!!
Old 09-10-2009, 06:54 PM   #14
KR FAB

right on... Ill deff check em out....Do u by chance know how "affordable" they are...?? its sounds like u have a long travel system of your own.... Would i still be able to keep the same lift..?? 5" in front..?? I talk to the guys and they said that i would get about 10.5" of travel as apposed to having like 15 to 16" of travel if i were to run the LT kit... Since i do go off road and all but im not really racing in the class 10s would that be coo for my application...??
Old 09-10-2009, 08:03 PM   #15
Almost there

http://www.trifectaoffroad.com/Engage-Offroad/

this website is where are their info is but doenst have pics, just type in google and there are bunch of pics w/ these long travels on.

saya 16" cycle with their spindles
Old 09-10-2009, 08:59 PM   #16
KR FAB

coo i just called them and happened to pick up his phone on his way out.... He referred me to the guy hassim that everyone is talking about... so im gonna hit him up tomorrow and see whats good... He said that the spindles prolly wont work... But there is a chance he might be able to fabricate something with what i have..?? Ill deff let u know what he says tomorrow.... Thanks again for all yall help....
Old 09-10-2009, 09:06 PM   #17
Almost there

just out of curiousity, i saw the pics of someones lt doing some rock crawling. for non desert "prerunning" is it cool to have a lt kit doing all that rock crawling and everything?
Old 09-10-2009, 09:09 PM   #18
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
just out of curiousity, i saw the pics of someones lt doing some rock crawling. for non desert "prerunning" is it cool to have a lt kit doing all that rock crawling and everything?
not to hijack this topic haha...
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...night-run.html
Old 09-10-2009, 09:11 PM   #19
Almost there

no thats what i was referring to, thats why i asked the question. i always put long travel and prerunning together never really put lt and rock crawling together though
Old 09-10-2009, 09:17 PM   #20
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
no thats what i was referring to, thats why i asked the question. i always put long travel and prerunning together never really put lt and rock crawling together though

it's great, with the added travel and articulation that's gained from the LT i have more control and stability on the trails.

on saturday i could play on the rocks and do a hard technical trail..on sunday, i can blast through the desert as fast as i want..not too bad and possibly having one of the most versatile taco's out there becouse of my LT kit!