DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Long Travel information.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:22 AM   #281
DBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shedDBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shedDBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shedDBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shedDBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shedDBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shedDBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shedDBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shedDBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shedDBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shedDBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
DBWrecks's Tacoma Gallery
Good info.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:30 PM   #282
Tundra FTMFW
csuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
csuviper's Tacoma Gallery
Can I put Long Travel upper and lower control arm setup on my already 6" Fabtech lift?
Anyone done this before?
Old 04-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #283
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by csuviper View Post
Can I put Long Travel upper and lower control arm setup on my already 6" Fabtech lift?
Anyone done this before?
No.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:32 PM   #284
esbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud of

Royal Canadian Mounted Police:
Name: B-Rad
esbyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck911 View Post
No.
Why not, don't see why you wouldn't be able to do that.

Now it being practical goes out the window but I think it would work. I have seen this done before with other trucks. The drop bracket uses the stock arms, LT arms are built to stock specs...
Old 04-15-2013, 03:13 PM   #285
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery

Old 04-15-2013, 03:23 PM   #286
esbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud of

Royal Canadian Mounted Police:
Name: B-Rad
esbyota's Tacoma Gallery
Thats what I was looking for! Thanks for doing the leg work!
Old 04-15-2013, 09:38 PM   #287
Tundra FTMFW
csuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
csuviper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by esbyota View Post
Why not, don't see why you wouldn't be able to do that.

Now it being practical goes out the window but I think it would work. I have seen this done before with other trucks. The drop bracket uses the stock arms, LT arms are built to stock specs...
I was thinking it would work because all the db does is lower the lca and add a taller beefier spindle. Was just thinking of improving the travel for the trails vs going with an expensive conversion to solid axle. The added 3-4 inch height is not favorable for the COG. Guess its not the most practical.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:00 AM   #288
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Except you lose ground clearance and throw your centre of gravity way up in the air.

All it does is give you the option to run bigger tires. (Which I do realize will give you more ground clearance, but I'd rather have smaller tires and more GC than larger tires and the same GC.)

However it's your money and your rig. If you like it, rock it.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:51 PM   #289
SargeSlapnuts 보고용의!!!!
SargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
SargeSlapnuts's Tacoma Gallery
so long travel on an '04 prerunner converted to 4wd w/ 255-85-16 tires will bite the front and rear fenders unless i trim them or swap to fiber werks. or can i get away with out having to trim anything?
Old 09-05-2013, 11:43 PM   #291
yumyumtaco will become famous soon enough

Name: Kevin
yumyumtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Sooo... i hate to change direction... but im an "A$$" kinda guy...and i gotta question about DEAVER or ALL PRO rear springs? i have been doing a little research and the deaver setup is about 785$ and theALLPro is about 389$.... why such a big dif in price? and I am piloting a standared cab 96 taco that i am in process of making LT. does anyone have experience with the "3 leaf pack" from Deaver? or either of these 3 springs? i found pricing on the companies sites...http://www.deaverspring.com/products/leafstoy.html
https://www.allprooffroad.com/9095su...095leafsprings
Old 09-05-2013, 11:49 PM   #292
TC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TC yota's Tacoma Gallery
The deaver spring pack is a full LT pack, you have to make new mounts and new shackles and it pulls 16-18'' of travel
The link you put for allpro doesn't work, but I'm assuming it's a bolt in pack=less travel
Old 09-05-2013, 11:50 PM   #293
kbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kbauman92's Tacoma Gallery
if your going for LT you want a SUA (spring under axle) pack which would be the deavers, i dont think all pro makes a SUA leaf pack but i could be wrong
Old 09-06-2013, 12:16 AM   #294

oh ok.. correction... https://www.allprooffroad.com/9095su...095leafsprings and the all pro leaf pack shows "Long travel" thats why i was curious if anyone has used the all pro springs and what theyr take on them is? I dont plan of doing much HEAVY off roading... just enough to play around and go fast on them desert roads. lol and cant i convert the all pro to a SUA anyways?
and ok as far as deavers are concerned.. so i will need to fab and weld in new shackles for them correct? both front mount and rear?
Old 09-06-2013, 12:30 AM   #295
TC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TC yota's Tacoma Gallery
any LT leaf pack is going to need new front and rear mounts, and they will be SUA, I wouldn't waste my time with any pack that's not
Old 09-06-2013, 12:55 AM   #296
AK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
AK 08TACO's Tacoma Gallery
These are comparable to the Devers and like mentioned above, you need new hangers and shackles
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/all...f-springs.html
Old 09-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #297

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK 08TACO View Post
These are comparable to the Devers and like mentioned above, you need new hangers and shackles
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/all...f-springs.html
ok i see... so my ultimate goal is going to be 1) get LT springs and fab some mounts and go SUA. 2) THEN build a bedcage to house my 16" bypass shocks. and im assuming there is going to be a need for bump stops for the rear? anyone care to share their experience with bottoming out or rubbing with LT springs? i have Metal rear panels that were pushed out. maybe i need more room still? my build thread pics might show how far it is pushed out...
Old 09-06-2013, 05:02 PM   #299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
sounds like you have a looooooot of reading yet to do

bumps and straps!
aint that the truth... so I want to hear about everyone's experience with the AP leafs... why dont you like them? I dont plan on jumping my truck anytime soon. just want to be able to handle the trails in the desert a little better.. lol
Old 09-28-2013, 08:29 AM   #300
Jyam180p is on a distinguished road
Jyam180p's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, so don"t shoot me down too quick but i've been trying to fiend a thread on here about uni balls on LT setups. I have a All Pro Lt kit on the way (just waiting on FOX to get the shocks together) And I was hoping to fiend out if anybody had any luck making dust caps for the uni balls? If so, some pics would be great! Like I said, I'm still waiting on the kit in the mail, so i haven't had a chance to see whats posable. I just would like to get started on putting something together so its ready for install day. Thanks!