DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Long Travel information.

Old 11-26-2013, 06:51 AM   #301
Apex is on a distinguished road

Navy: Seabee, Mechanic
Apex's Tacoma Gallery
Whats going on guys. So I am currently on deployment and have been looking at the TC long travel kit. Im kinda new to this suspension business, or more spacifically, the high end suspension business. I have a few questions regarding the springs for the system. I am going to be getting the Fox 2.5x8" remote resi coil overs to run with the kit. My main question is on the springs to use. I know that I want the 600lb spring, but what I dont know is what length to use. I have found some folks that use a 16" spring and some that use a 14". Is a different length spring used for a bigger lift for the truck? I dont need the full 3.5" lift that this kit offers. Prob only 2" at that max. Just want to know the pros and cons for different lengths and what would be the best length spring for the setup.

Also, I heard that you must have the 3.0" springs with the 2.5" coil over. Just want to confirm that.

Another question is what springs are best to use with fox? I have heard a lot of great things about the fox/eibach set up. I was also contemplating getting the sway a way springs just because of the color (red). A bit rediculous, but thats what happens when your a grom like me.

I hope that I was specific enough to get an accurate answer. Thanks a ton in advance. Registered just to ask these questions.
Old 12-24-2013, 03:23 AM   #302
J Prich is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: Jason
J Prich's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yumyumtaco View Post
aint that the truth... so I want to hear about everyone's experience with the AP leafs... why dont you like them? I dont plan on jumping my truck anytime soon. just want to be able to handle the trails in the desert a little better.. lol
I had the All Pro 50T pack on the truck that was my daily driver and became a race truck. Its a tall back in the rear but worked out ok for us as my truck has two spares in the back, 32 gallon fuel cell, and full cage. Truck worked fine and it ran 180 race miles with that pack without issue.

We switched to a Deaver pack earlier this year and the advice I would pass to you is that the difference maker to me is product support. Especially as a So Cal guy Deaver is the best in the business. Their products are very high quality and you will have no problem getting support after the fact. If the pack doesn't sit the way you like, they can help you. If you break a leaf, they can repair it.

Whether you are racing or playing, in my personal opinion Deaver is by far the best choice when it comes to leaf springs.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:03 PM   #303
desert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan Blagg
desert guy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Prich View Post
I had the All Pro 50T pack on the truck that was my daily driver and became a race truck. Its a tall back in the rear but worked out ok for us as my truck has two spares in the back, 32 gallon fuel cell, and full cage. Truck worked fine and it ran 180 race miles with that pack without issue.

We switched to a Deaver pack earlier this year and the advice I would pass to you is that the difference maker to me is product support. Especially as a So Cal guy Deaver is the best in the business. Their products are very high quality and you will have no problem getting support after the fact. If the pack doesn't sit the way you like, they can help you. If you break a leaf, they can repair it.

Whether you are racing or playing, in my personal opinion Deaver is by far the best choice when it comes to leaf springs.

I totally agree with Jason. Deaver has helped me with racing springs for a while now. They have been around for a long time and know whats up. I loved the 50T pack but you don't have all-pro owner helping you out like Jeff does at Deaver.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:48 PM   #304
n.gardner is just really nicen.gardner is just really nicen.gardner is just really nicen.gardner is just really nice

Army: Hooah
Name: Nick
n.gardner's Tacoma Gallery
So... why is the diff drop bad? does it not correct CV shaft angles?
Old 11-15-2014, 12:27 AM   #306
Lyle430 is on a distinguished road
Lyle430's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure if this is the right section to ask this. But I'm thinking about putting a long travel kit on my 15 tacoma dd. I was thinking of just doing the allpro kit but now thinking of just doing the camburg 3.5. I will be daily driving the truck so I'm not sure about the 3.5" kit. I travel on dirt roads to get to work and if the roads are rough I don't want to slow down. What are you guys thinking? I don't want to do a mt kit either.
Old 11-16-2014, 09:19 AM   #307
kyle7201 is on a distinguished road
Name: kyle
kyle7201's Tacoma Gallery
Will camburgs 2wd drive race kit work on a 4wd 1999 tacoma
Old 11-16-2014, 01:26 PM   #308
kyle7201 is on a distinguished road
Name: kyle
kyle7201's Tacoma Gallery
Will camburgs 2wd race kit work on a 4wd 1999 tacoma
Old 11-16-2014, 02:23 PM   #309
the little red truck that could
outdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud of

Name: Alex
outdoorAZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle7201 View Post
Will camburgs 2wd race kit work on a 4wd 1999 tacoma

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118015. Last post

If it worked with the 4x4s you'd think that camburg would advertise that on their site. Like the other kits they make.