DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Which Long Travel Suspension is better and WHY?

View Poll Results: Which L/T is Better?
All Pro Offroad 11 16.18%
Total Chaos 32 47.06%
Other 25 36.76%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-05-2010, 11:46 AM   #101
MadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant future

Name: Mike
MadTaco461's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
Ideally, yes!!!! would you buy me the kit?? I'll take plenty of pics!!!

If it didnt cost $10,000 to do a SAS then it would of allready been done.

With the All pro kit you can run 35"s without going to fiberglass fenders, I'm sure they will rub like a bitch and a ton of trimming is involved but it would be worth it!

"rub like a bitch and a ton of trimming is involved" Took the words right out of my mouth. It's sounds like the kit for you for a 1/3 the price of SAS. If you get a clean trim out of the fenders going on, you gotta post a build thread. My buddies are rubbing 33's on their fenders and wheel wells. My wheel wells have huge dents from my tires slamming when I hit something big and also rip off the glass.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:13 PM   #102
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTaco461 View Post
"rub like a bitch and a ton of trimming is involved" Took the words right out of my mouth. It's sounds like the kit for you for a 1/3 the price of SAS. If you get a clean trim out of the fenders going on, you gotta post a build thread. My buddies are rubbing 33's on their fenders and wheel wells. My wheel wells have huge dents from my tires slamming when I hit something big and also rip off the glass.
Plus when you put 35's on you should really re-gear. It's an expensive jump from 33's to 35's
Old 05-05-2010, 12:18 PM   #103
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
10,000 for SAS?

maybe if you are buying everything brand new...

there have been quite a number of folks on TTORA who have gone SAS for as little as $1,500...

with Long Travel, you don't just build the front and go on your merry way...

you have to build the rear to match the front, and by the time you are done, you are spending anywhere from $7,000 to $9,500...

ya know, i completely forgot what we were discussing on this thread... hahahah
Old 05-08-2010, 05:57 PM   #104
619medic is on a distinguished road
619medic's Tacoma Gallery
Camburg!