DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

TC Rear long travel hybrid. Possible?

View Poll Results: So, what do you think about this idea?
Yes, it is possible. 6 60.00%
Don't try. Just wiat for something to be produced. 1 10.00%
....crazy 3 30.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-2010, 11:34 PM   #41
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
He is a pic whore, nothing against you
HAHA
Old 04-14-2010, 07:03 AM   #42
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
He is a pic whore, nothing against you
Thus this post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
I was almost giddy when asked to post more pictures.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:10 AM   #43
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
i know, when is the Primm race Mike. i still want to go.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:17 AM   #44
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
agreed, the only problems i have had with mine is the alignment, going to weld that up and should be done with that.
me too. i'm getting the cams taken care of next week
Old 04-14-2010, 07:20 AM   #45
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
It's scheduled for September 10-12. Tech/contingency/drivers meeting are Friday, race on Saturday, and Sunday is cleanup, awards, etc.

Murdered_Out_Taco is actually planning a TW meet around the race. Regardless of how much or little trail riding there is to do out there that weekend it should be a really good time. Never hurts to check out the race vehicles and talk to the drivers.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...un-roster.html
Old 04-14-2010, 07:26 AM   #46
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
me too. i'm getting the cams taken care of next week

Weld up the alignment gates, cams and I am going to tack the tie rods.

Sweet Mike I will try to make it. Just want to see the race and hang out, don't care about trails
Old 04-15-2010, 01:12 AM   #47
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^^Can you explain welding the alignment cams?
Old 04-15-2010, 06:22 AM   #48
you just weld the alignment cams so they don't mover and kill your alignment, do the tie rods as well so you steering wheel stays straight. make sure your alignment is good first.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:29 AM   #49
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
you just weld the alignment cams so they don't mover and kill your alignment, do the tie rods as well so you steering wheel stays straight. make sure your alignment is9 good first.
And really its just a tack weld so when you do tweak something, you can still align. It doesn't take too much to tack them securely. I think it is a GREAT idea!
Old 04-15-2010, 07:33 AM   #50

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
It's a common thing in racing. Joe Bacal's Lexus racing Stock Full has the alignment cams tack welded in place. First time I'd ever seen that done.

It makes a lot of sense, and the man wins races.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:05 AM   #51
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's a common thing in racing. Joe Bacal's Lexus racing Stock Full has the alignment cams tack welded in place. First time I'd ever seen that done.

And the nice thing is set the alignment, tack and THEN tighten the bolts!
Old 04-15-2010, 11:52 AM   #52
Victory is reserved...

Quote:
you just weld the alignment cams so they don't mover and kill your alignment, do the tie rods as well so you steering wheel stays straight. make sure your alignment is good first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
And really its just a tack weld so when you do tweak something, you can still align. It doesn't take too much to tack them securely. I think it is a GREAT idea!
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
And the nice thing is set the alignment, tack and THEN tighten the bolts!
Thanks guys. I'll look for a thread on that.