DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

TC Rear long travel hybrid. Possible?

View Poll Results: So, what do you think about this idea?
Yes, it is possible. 6 60.00%
Don't try. Just wiat for something to be produced. 1 10.00%
....crazy 3 30.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2010, 05:38 PM   #1
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
6-lug TC Rear long travel hybrid. Possible?

Well I've been lookin at LT kits and found some I like, but none offer much for the rear. except for leaf packs.

I found a rear kit that TC produces with a shock hoop but it is only made for the 5 lug. I didnt think it would matter much but after asking around I found that the shackles and other parts differ between the 5-lug and 6-lug.

Leaving the hoop from the TC kit the only part that I would be able to use(Thankfully they sell them separately)

So I looked around for other companies that possibly made rear kits with hoops but found none, but came across a deaver leaf pack from Wheeler's Off-Road and started to wonder if I would be able to merge the 2 kits together.

Here are the two kits. Granted the 5-lug's leafs are below the axle and the 6-lug leafs are mounted above the axle.

I want to know what you guys think about the possibility of merging the two and what parts from both kits I would need.

If you think I'm just plain crazy for thinking about it then thanks

And if you guys have anything else to contribute please do
Old 04-12-2010, 06:29 PM   #2
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
dmz has a spring under kit that uses deaver, the deavers made for a tacoma don't fit if you want' lt. engage also has kits but you would have to pm them for price. making a shock hoop is not that big of a deal, getting the correct angles for the shocks is where you need to pay attention.

I say you are crazy. total chaos ppppfffftttt
Old 04-12-2010, 06:31 PM   #3
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^^I dont wanna go with TC either
Old 04-13-2010, 12:07 AM   #4
Victory is reserved...

Hmm DMZ's work looks pricey
Old 04-13-2010, 12:21 AM   #5
Love peace and Taco Grease
Dellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Dellosa89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by THExBUSxDRIVER View Post
Hmm DMZ's work looks pricey
its very pricey nice work though
Old 04-13-2010, 12:43 AM   #6
Victory is reserved...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellosa89 View Post
its very pricey nice work though
Yea I like the rear spring under kit that moon mentioned but I'm iffy if I have to cut into my bed
Old 04-13-2010, 12:54 AM   #7
Love peace and Taco Grease
Dellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Dellosa89's Tacoma Gallery
The problem is you will half to cut into your bed if you want to make it strong enough to hold up to long travel, i know a guy that bent his frame pretty badly from not doing a cross bar.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:27 AM   #8
Victory is reserved...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellosa89 View Post
The problem is you will half to cut into your bed if you want to make it strong enough to hold up to long travel, i know a guy that bent his frame pretty badly from not doing a cross bar.
As long as it doesnt take up too much room back there, I still wanna be able to haul from time to time
Old 04-13-2010, 06:22 AM   #9
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
you will have to cut in the bed just to get the shock hoops in and the shocks, you would run a 16" shock that will reach you bed rail.

look at this from engage, this truck is the same as mine just has the bed.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:58 AM   #10
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ so sick!!!
Old 04-13-2010, 07:09 AM   #11
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Giant Motorsports makes a bolt-on spring-under long travel kit and bed cage for the late model Tacoma.

http://giantmotorsports.com/content/view/84/104/

Don't expect the installation to be easy with any of these kits (Giant, DMZ, Engage, etc.), but they work great when set up properly!
Old 04-13-2010, 08:09 AM   #12
NakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of light
NakedTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
dmz has a spring under kit that uses deaver, the deavers made for a tacoma don't fit if you want' lt. engage also has kits but you would have to pm them for price. making a shock hoop is not that big of a deal, getting the correct angles for the shocks is where you need to pay attention.

I say you are crazy. total chaos ppppfffftttt
TC FTMFW lol
DMZ-way overpriced IMO ..great work though
Engage-pretty cheap for the travel u get

You CAN put he kit onto ur truck.... as proven in my Thread about this for the minis. i dont think it will be bolt on ...and u might have to drill holes in the fame.

I WOULDNT recommend this because i know the minis have very diffrent things...such as drive shaft. i didnt have to have my driveshaft messed with. the 6 lug guys ahve to have the drive shaft extended i think or something like that.

Just take it to a shop...it will be less headaches....i can already tell u u will run into problems trying to put this kit on a 6lug ...

Try richer racing...they have a bolt in bed hoops! but pretty any shop can make ur shock hoops bolt in
Old 04-13-2010, 08:17 AM   #13
NakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
^^I dont wanna go with TC either
why? lol

ALSO!!!! no one has pointed out that u r 4x4....im guessing u dont have LT in the front? i know 4x4 lt has its limitaions in the front so i would make sure ur rear doesnt sit to high in the back ! ...kinda like mine
Old 04-13-2010, 08:24 AM   #14
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery

Love that pic! (Professional Driver on a Closed Course: Do Not Attempt - No children present)
Old 04-13-2010, 08:37 AM   #15
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
That pic of the truck is sick as hell
Old 04-13-2010, 08:40 AM   #16
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post

Love that pic! (Professional Driver on a Closed Course: Do Not Attempt - No children present)

Urban Off roading!
Old 04-13-2010, 09:28 AM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkirkner78 View Post
That pic of the truck is sick as hell
the owner of that truck is a super cool guy ..... Helps out alot if u have problems in the dezert...and has every tool lol
Old 04-13-2010, 12:05 PM   #18
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
Dam right wish there were more people like him
Old 04-13-2010, 01:24 PM   #19
Victory is reserved...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post

See I like that, the bed aint too hacked up.
And yes I am a 4x4 so the front is limited...(I'd love me some lift spindles )

So I wont need much lift in the rear
Old 04-13-2010, 01:33 PM   #20
Quote:
See I like that, the bed aint too hacked up.
And yes I am a 4x4 so the front is limited...(I'd love me some lift spindles )

So I wont need much lift in the rear
any leafunder pack will sit high compared to ur front....i would get the LT in the front and go from there