Old 05-03-2010, 01:01 AM   #1
tacolibre is on a distinguished road
Name: Chad
tacolibre's Tacoma Gallery
Long travel experiences?

Has anyone here tried either engage offroad long travel

or batch racing longtravel?

http://batchracing.com/

just heard of these two recently established companies wondering what results and experiences anyone has had with them
Old 05-03-2010, 01:03 AM   #2
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Mikesdoublecab has engage offroad lt
Bajamoon does too, but he's a 2nd gen
Old 05-03-2010, 01:06 AM   #3
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
yah, i would offer you a ride, but you are a little too far away... of course, you could always take a road trip down here...

Old 05-03-2010, 01:02 PM   #4
2004Taco will become famous soon enough

2004Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 2004Taco Send a message via Yahoo to 2004Taco
Mike, whens the next trip out to barstow?
Old 05-03-2010, 01:14 PM   #5
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
I hadn't heard of Batch Racing before. I added their link on my LT Info thread with a disclaimer that I haven't heard from from folks running the kit.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...formation.html
Old 05-03-2010, 01:58 PM   #6
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004Taco View Post
Mike, whens the next trip out to barstow?
i need to check my calendar...

it will be soon... it may even be on a weekday...
Old 05-03-2010, 04:21 PM   #7
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
I wish I could do long travel
I just dont have anywhere to go, close by that I can actually use its full potential.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:42 PM   #8
White Tank
SkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
SkyHighTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverTaco23 View Post
I just dont have anywhere to go, close by that I can actually use its full potential.
Hit up the mall parking lot speed bumps!
Old 05-04-2010, 11:13 AM   #10
taco?
MotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: emt/cal fire
Name: Nate
MotoXdoer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
I hadn't heard of Batch Racing before. I added their link on my LT Info thread with a disclaimer that I haven't heard from from folks running the kit.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...formation.html
my friend is actually going to be the test truck for the mock up. we drop his prerunner off on sat.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:31 AM   #11
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXdoer View Post
my friend is actually going to be the test truck for the mock up. we drop his prerunner off on sat.
Nice! Definitely let us know how everything goes!
Old 05-04-2010, 11:17 PM   #12
kumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud of
kumaWRX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverTaco23 View Post
Same here, my dream is to go Engage LT but on Oahu its pretty pointless other than looking badass
Old 05-05-2010, 12:03 AM   #14
White Tank
SkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferson View Post
Mike lies - his truck is really a plane and not a truck at all!
The REAL MIKE EXPOSED!!!
Old 05-05-2010, 12:04 AM   #15
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferson View Post
Mike lies - his truck is really a plane and not a truck at all!
looks more like a mall crawler to me.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:13 AM   #16
White Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
looks more like a mall crawler to me.
Only before take off..
Old 05-05-2010, 09:22 AM   #17
BatchRacing is on a distinguished road

BatchRacing's Tacoma Gallery
Hi guys, i got a email saying i should join and explain my product, so here i am.

Hello.

My name is Nate i am the owner of BatchRacing.com.

Right now i do not have any pictures of the 6 lug LT kit on this computer, but i do of my tundra kit which is exactly the same other then the front lower bushing mount is about 1/2" smaller on the Tacoma then it is on the tundra.

Here are some pictures of my tundra with my kit on it.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:29 AM   #18

some video, im going to take some more in the next couple of days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ4F7...layer_embedded
Old 05-05-2010, 09:32 AM   #19

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW -- glad you joined! I'm sure you'll have plenty of questions thrown at you so I'll start.

What brought about the change from the tube UCAs on the Tundra to the boxed ones on the Tacoma kit?

The kit looks pretty stout. What material/thickness is used on those arms, and do you have any diagrams of the internal bracing?

Looking forward to seeing the new LT kit installed and in use!

-Mike
Old 05-05-2010, 09:45 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Welcome to TW -- glad you joined! I'm sure you'll have plenty of questions thrown at you so I'll start.

What brought about the change from the tube UCAs on the Tundra to the boxed ones on the Tacoma kit?

The kit looks pretty stout. What material/thickness is used on those arms, and do you have any diagrams of the internal bracing?

Looking forward to seeing the new LT kit installed and in use!

-Mike
Well i make both tube uppers and square/boxed tube uppers for these kits. The boxed uppers are in my opinion stronger. I have raced with my good friend Dan Vance for many years and what i have learned is when you put a bend in a tube in a upper arm, it wants to keep bending. We had tube upper arms on his truck for a while and ever race we raced we would bend them some way or another. The reason i dont have square tubing uppers on my truck is because i had a lot of requests for tube uppers so i built the strongest (1.5" .120 4130) uppers i could and i wanted to test them and make sure they cleared the bucket. So i used my truck as a example.

I use nothing but 3/16" 4130 for the lowers and .120 4130 for the uppers.

here is a picture of the internal gusseting of the lower arms.