DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Long Travel Help!!!

Old 05-23-2010, 10:51 PM   #1
controlled pair?
375taco is a splendid one to behold375taco is a splendid one to behold375taco is a splendid one to behold375taco is a splendid one to behold375taco is a splendid one to behold375taco is a splendid one to behold375taco is a splendid one to behold375taco is a splendid one to behold

Army:
375taco's Tacoma Gallery
Long Travel Help!!!

I am on the fence about getting a long travel kit...I might do it. I need some help though. Can i run Icon Front? Where is a good place to get fiberglass? Spacers in the rear to make the stance wider? Front Bumper set up? Hints or Suggestions. I might get the Engage Long travel kit. Need some suggestions on suspsnsion...Im looking to save some money while i am doing this. I wont be going offroad much maybe some dirt roads...Other than that to work and back. Just want a sweet looking Pre-runner, that rides nice. Something wide and it doesnt have to be high...thanks for the looks any help would be apprechated..Bo
Old 05-23-2010, 10:53 PM   #2
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 375taco View Post
I am on the fence about getting a long travel kit...I might do it. Just want a sweet looking Pre-runner, that rides nice..Bro
Fixed it for you

Just get wheel spacers upfront and a coilover kit, you can then run fiberglass and look prerunners
Old 05-23-2010, 10:56 PM   #3
KR FAB
sandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Amir
sandman427's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I am on the fence about getting a long travel kit...I might do it. I need some help though. Can i run Icon Front? Where is a good place to get fiberglass? Spacers in the rear to make the stance wider? Front Bumper set up? Hints or Suggestions. I might get the Engage Long travel kit. Need some suggestions on suspsnsion...Im looking to save some money while i am doing this. I wont be going offroad much maybe some dirt roads...Other than that to work and back. Just want a sweet looking Pre-runner, that rides nice. Something wide and it doesnt have to be high...thanks for the looks any help would be apprechated..Bo
well to tell u the truth get it if your plan on running the truck through woops to be honest... spindles will make the front wider... cuz if u do long travel u will have to do the rear as well or it will ride like shit like ive been told.. what kind of offroading do u do ..??
Old 05-23-2010, 11:05 PM   #4
controlled pair?
375taco is a splendid one to behold375taco is a splendid one to behold375taco is a splendid one to behold375taco is a splendid one to behold375taco is a splendid one to behold375taco is a splendid one to behold375taco is a splendid one to behold375taco is a splendid one to behold

Army:
375taco's Tacoma Gallery
I dont do much...I live in GA and im not that into Mud. I have a lot of back roads going out to the range and they are sandy and bumpy i like to haul ass down them and try and get air. Not much. Just debating my options... I like the coilover and spacer thing though...and i could get the fiberglass fenders...
Old 05-23-2010, 11:09 PM   #5
controlled pair?

Army:
375taco's Tacoma Gallery
Im reading that page you added to my thread dorifuto...thanks bro
Old 05-23-2010, 11:16 PM   #7
controlled pair?

Army:
375taco's Tacoma Gallery
Ya im debating...I re-enlisted and i have a chunk of money i can put into my truck. I am debating which way im wanting to go. I was going to go the cost effictive route, then Icon Stage 2 extended front coilovers w/ TC UCA's...which i might do with wheel spacers and add fenders...
Old 05-23-2010, 11:18 PM   #8
controlled pair?

Army:
375taco's Tacoma Gallery
i have been changing my mind on what exactly to do. I want to tint the windows, grill and satoshi, new bumper front and rear, i might build them though...Air intake etc...just debating
Old 05-24-2010, 08:41 AM   #9
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
dude, if your not planning on really using the long trav suspension then dont do it. esp if your main motivation is going for looks...

it's way too much money if your not gonna use the truck to it's potential.

a budget LT front build is $4k and like sandman said then you gotta do the rear susp too.

i think a mid trav set up (CO/UCA, deaver leaf pack and good rear shocks) is the best route for you
Old 05-28-2010, 05:22 AM   #10
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
dude, if your not planning on really using the long trav suspension then dont do it. esp if your main motivation is going for looks...

it's way too much money if your not gonna use the truck to it's potential.

a budget LT front build is $4k and like sandman said then you gotta do the rear susp too.

i think a mid trav set up (CO/UCA, deaver leaf pack and good rear shocks) is the best route for you
Good thing I found this thread rep for you and the OP. So now that LT out of the question for me what mid travel set up do you recommend? Fox, king , icon, etc. Any really good threads on the subject?(Before I get I will be useing the search) For the amount of money I'll be spending I want something that's rebuildable. Finally do you know where I could get some fiber glass fenders that look stock since I am not going LT I really don't need wide fenders. If you know if any write up on installing the fenders could you let me know . Thanks In Advance.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:18 AM   #11
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
here to help man

i would recomend going with either king or icon. get some front extended travel CO's, total chaos or camburg UCA, total chaos spindle gussets, rear 10 leaf deaver pack and either king or icon rear shocks (match them with your CO's).

all pro offers fiber glass thats only a 2.5" bulge

http://www.allprooffroad.com/tech-in...-tacomafenders

king shocks

http://www.outlawoffroad.com/23773/7....0_V6_GAS.html

icon shocks

http://www.outlawoffroad.com/23773/7....0_V6_GAS.html
Old 05-28-2010, 12:51 PM   #12
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^Thanks Matt.... Your the man.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:43 AM   #13
Tearmytaco
rzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
rzimm001's Tacoma Gallery
I personally run Icon... have held kings (never got the chance to run them) ... and have a buddy who runs fox. Personally I think they are all very similar. The nice thing about any of these setups, is that you can re-valve them to your specs. I believe if you order fox shocks from downsouthmotorsports they can custom valve the shocks for you. Believe me, it does make a difference. Most coilovers are valved to be a compromise of street ride and off highway driving. So in other words if you want your truck to be able to hall ass down rough roads with whoops and jumps, just tell the guys at downsouth. They will put all the right shims in there to make that shocks take everything you throw at it. It's up to you, but that's my 2 cents. Good Luck
Old 05-30-2010, 11:57 AM   #14
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
\I have a lot of back roads going out to the range and they are sandy and bumpy i like to haul ass down them and try and get air.
depending how hard you drive down those roads, you are going to break that truck up over time with just coilovers...