Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Long Travel Suspension (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/long-travel-suspension/)
-   -   Does this look right? PICS (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/long-travel-suspension/248878-does-look-right-pics.html)

lilgerber 11-15-2012 11:07 AM

Does this look right? PICS
 
3 Attachment(s)
Installed my 3.5 TC kit and seems like the upper A arm is almost at full droop.
Doesn't seem right, how do I fix this??
Attachment 179996
Attachment 179997
Attachment 179998

P.S. I haven't installed limit straps yet

Large 11-15-2012 11:09 AM

Take some of the preload off, did you torque them while the truck was on it's own weight? That might be a factor.

Large 11-15-2012 11:10 AM

Actually I don't know much about LT, it might be correct :notsure:

jberry813 11-15-2012 11:42 AM

Definitely not right.

What length stroke are the shocks?
What length springs?
How much preload?
Which bottom plate do you have?
How long is the rod end on the shock?

Socalrunner 11-15-2012 11:43 AM

Damn Beat me to it ^^^^^Show some side front shots of the arms. What rod end are you using? What length coilovers and what spring rate?

97yota4wd 11-15-2012 11:44 AM

something sure isnt right. how much lift did you get when you installed it??

Cr250jumper 11-15-2012 11:45 AM

It looks like its just the preload. Did you just install everything and its all brand new? Did you already get everything aligned at that ride height? You can let off some preload and it will drop but that is going to change your alignment. You should have let some preload off to get it close to ride height to get it aligned properly, then once the springs break in and sag you can give it more preload to bring it back to the correct ride height. Also install those straps!

jberry813 11-15-2012 11:46 AM

Also that's looks like the old top plates TC provided with the older version of the kit. IIRC for 4x4 trucks you're supposed to cut the coil bucket and flip the top plate upside down.
Of course this weakens the bucket, so I wouldn't do it unless you do the secondary shock hoop.
For the new kits, you're supposed to get a special top plate from King if you want to run King coilovers.

nofords08 11-15-2012 11:46 AM

Looks like might have too long of spring or a wrong lower shock piece. Snap some pics showing from the front.

Actually I think Jberry is right with the top plate

Cr250jumper 11-15-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jberry813 (Post 5996883)
Definitely not right.

What length stroke are the shocks?
What length springs?
How much preload?
Which bottom plate do you have?
How long is the rod end on the shock?

Also what # springs

Cr250jumper 11-15-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jberry813 (Post 5996904)
Also that's looks like the old top plates TC provided with the older version of the kit. IIRC for 4x4 trucks you're supposed to cut the coil bucket and flip the top plate upside down.
Of course this weakens the bucket, so I wouldn't do it unless you do the secondary shock hoop.
For the new kits, you're supposed to get a special top plate from King if you want to run King coilovers.

I think this is the winner, 2nd gen 4wd should be flipped because of the longer rod at the bottom to clear the axles

05TacoRunner 11-15-2012 11:49 AM

It says you are 4x4. In the first picture showing the coil bucket it is set up like 2wd. The 4wd have to cut the coil bucket and flip the coil over mount. The 4wd use a longer rod end to clear the axle. Here is a picture of an fj but same concept.

http://dmzfab.com/images/CIMG1878.jpg


EDIT: Damn I am slow.

jberry813 11-15-2012 11:56 AM

Special top plate if you wanna run kings:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/d.../IMG_69561.JPG

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/d...0/IMG_6968.JPG

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/data/500/-6.jpg

lilgerber 11-15-2012 11:59 AM

4 Attachment(s)
I have not taken it in for alignment or bled the brakes yet.

I bought this kit from a member here (RAD) and the shocks came from his friend, I had Downsouth Motor sports change the rod end for a 4x4.

Attachment 180001
Attachment 180002
Attachment 180003
Attachment 180004

jberry813 11-15-2012 12:01 PM

Looks like you have the correct bottom plate and rod end for 4x4.
You need to flip the top plate and cut the bucket.

Also, 600 lb spring rate for a 4x4 second gen miiiiiiight be a little light.


EDIT:
Ohhh...that's an 18" coil. I'm not the second gen expert, but pretty sure you need to pull that fucker out too and put in a 16" coil in.

Cr250jumper 11-15-2012 12:06 PM

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/d...TC_install.JPG

lilgerber 11-15-2012 12:08 PM

Man I love this site! You guys know your ish. Well looks like I need to cut the coil bucket or order king top plates..

Why is 600 light for 4x4?

What would you recommend for the spring weight and why??

Slowly still learning.

05TacoRunner 11-15-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jberry813 (Post 5996996)
Looks like you have the correct bottom plate and rod end for 4x4.
You need to flip the top plate and cut the bucket.

Also, 600 lb spring rate for a 4x4 second gen miiiiiiight be a little light.


EDIT:
Ohhh...that's an 18" coil. I'm not the second gen expert, but pretty sure you need to pull that fucker out too and put in a 16" coil in.

TC recommends a 600lb spring on 4x4 and I am running 500lb on 2wd. All in the valving. Also I am running 18" coils with no issue.


EDIT: Atleast thats what I was told by TC when I bought my kit.

jberry813 11-15-2012 12:20 PM

He's got a second gen DC and 4x4.
If it were my truck, I'd run 650, but it depends entirely on what the truck is used for and how he drives it.

lilgerber 11-15-2012 12:28 PM

Can anyone also confirm that I need a 16" instead of the 18"

Ps.
For sale stock rod ends, 600 Springs and TC Top plates. Lol


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:48 AM.