1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Long Travel Decisions

Discussion in 'Long Travel Suspension' started by RYANBORN, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Jun 1, 2014 at 8:12 PM
    RYANBORN

RYANBORN [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    RYAN
    FERNIE BC CANADA
    Vehicle:
    14 TACOMA TRD OFFROAD
    While saving for LT suspension I cant help of thinking of what I should do first? Buy the front kit, along with everything needed to finish the front? Keep saving and don't buy nothing until I can buy front and back and fiberglass? Do the back first? Looking for advice.

2. Jun 1, 2014 at 10:22 PM
    BBMOffroad

BBMOffroad BBM Offroad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Brea
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner
    Most people do the front first. I know I did and many of my friends did as well. Factory rear suspension will never keep up with the front. Every once in a while you see someone that does the rear first.

As far as collecting parts. Many will get and install fiberglass first then save up for a long travel kit. You can always do spindle gussets or fabricated spindles at a later time.

Personally, I wouldn't jump out and buy it all at once. I'd shop around see if you can find a deal on the lt kit you want. Same goes with coilovers. Find some that look to be in good shape. You can always rebuild them and cleanup on the inside to make them like new. In the end you will save a lot.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  3. Jun 1, 2014 at 10:48 PM
    JawKnee

JawKnee I <3 Pink Tacos

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Ontario Ranch
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma
    Total Chaos, DMZ, Deaver, Sway-Away, KMC, BFG, Hella, ICOM, BTF, Glassworks, Trac Performance, Lowrance.
    I say save your money and buy an already built truck. In the end you will probably spend much more building your 2014 then buying a used fully built truck that's desert ready.

Products Discussed in

To Top