1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NOLA Motorsport Track

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by babyboi2284, May 20, 2011.

1. May 20, 2011 at 7:07 PM
    babyboi2284

babyboi2284 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Lockport, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    09 Barcelona Red X-Runner
    LS 6k projectors w/ white halos, 6k fogs, T-Rex Angry Lids, NST SSK, Coupe Shift Knob, BHLM, LFM, DLM, FLM, JL 500/1 amp, JL 10"w6v2, subX wanna be made by me, Magnaflow muffler, 5% tint, k&n drop in filter, Craven Speed Stubby, map light mod
    www.nolamotor.com

So as of last Thursday (may 12) me and a few guys I work with were sent to the Nola motorsports track to do the rough and finish grading (leveling) if the go kart track which was finished today. In obe of the pictures on the site there us a dozer that me and another operator use that has GPS installed to make sure the proper grade is cut. I still can't believe how BIG this damn place is. I heard it will be fully completed in 5 years but as parts of the project are finished then they will open up. The go kart track is suppose to be open in a few weeks. After we put the asphalt down then it has to set up for 6 weeks with no traffic at all and I assume they will set up everything else up for the track during the set up period. With all the twists and turns the go kart track will be 1.something miles long...and they go up to 45mph. Next week I will start to level off the car track which is 2.something miles long. They already have the Nissan GT-r's and mustang fr500s in and ready to go. It's a 7.8 million dollar project and I think it's awesome to be a part of it.

And there is a live web feed if anyone is interested in watching during the week.
    http://www.nolamotor.com/live-webcam

And if I can remember I'll take some shots while I'm there and I talked to one of the guys in charge and he said he will take a couple shots of my truck and prolly add them to the site woot woot!!

Products Discussed in

To Top