1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Shop that can Coat the inside of a fuel tank

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by luk8272, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Jun 11, 2011 at 10:26 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    I live near Lafayette and am looking for a shop that can coat the inside of a fuel tank. I used a place near Delcambre about 10-12yrs ago. However it seems he doesn't do this anymore. I'm in search of a shop that can.

I have a tank off of my 90 Toyota pickup that has some rust on the inside that I would like to have treated.

2. Jun 11, 2011 at 10:46 AM
    JDMcQ

JDMcQ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    The Mushroom Capital of the World
  3. Jun 11, 2011 at 10:52 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    My problem is that the tank has a good bit of surface rust inside, enough that it has ruined a new fuel pump. I'll be shopping around at junk yards on monday, just trying to get some info together so I am able to have options on monday.

Thanks for that link that will be something to use in the future.

4. Jun 11, 2011 at 10:55 AM
    JDMcQ

JDMcQ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    The kit removes the rust with an acid, then seals the metal to prevent future issues.

5. Jun 11, 2011 at 10:57 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Well hell I think you may have just solved my problem! I didn't realize it was capable of removing existing rust.

6. Jun 11, 2011 at 11:03 AM
    JDMcQ

JDMcQ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    That may be true CJ. Call Eastwood, they specialize in restoration materials, they will be able to explain the capabilties of the kits. They have always been very helpful.

7. Jun 11, 2011 at 11:11 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    A few of the reviews talk about tanks with heavy rust needing multiple acid treatments to remove the heavy rust they had.
    I'll be able to scrape some of the rust by hand, the Sending unit leaves me a large enough hole. I've already started that as of this morning.
    I have just place my order. Can't wait to get this done. Thanks!

Products Discussed in

To Top