Louisiana Tacomas' Sicily Island Run

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Louisiana

Notices

jbmccul's Swamp - Cajun BS Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 11:09 PM   #5561
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Same. Saw a bunch of wrecks though
Old 01-31-2014, 11:03 AM   #5563
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
The rocker is one of the hardest things to fix. The only way I can think of is to go to harbor freight and buy a stud welder. It plugs into a 110v outlet and welds a stud onto the metal so you can put the included slide hammer on it and bang it out. Then you take a grinder and cut the stud off and grind it back smooth. It works remarkably well, being a harbor freight tool, but it won't get it anywhere near perfect. I used one on one of my half doors because it wash banged up pretty good. The slide hammer that came with it is a piece of shit but the gun itself works good.

Edit: I just noticed the smaller picture and I don't think the stud welder would do you any good. That is way worse that I thought. The only way to fix it is to bring it to a body shop. They are going to cut the rocker off and weld a new one on.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:12 AM   #5564
DR007 is a splendid one to beholdDR007 is a splendid one to beholdDR007 is a splendid one to beholdDR007 is a splendid one to beholdDR007 is a splendid one to beholdDR007 is a splendid one to beholdDR007 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dylan
DR007's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern01Taco View Post
The rocker is one of the hardest things to fix. The only way I can think of is to go to harbor freight and buy a stud welder. It plugs into a 110v outlet and welds a stud onto the metal so you can put the included slide hammer on it and bang it out. Then you take a grinder and cut the stud off and grind it back smooth. It works remarkably well, being a harbor freight tool, but it won't get it anywhere near perfect. I used one on one of my half doors because it wash banged up pretty good. The slide hammer that came with it is a piece of shit but the gun itself works good.

Edit: I just noticed the smaller picture and I don't think the stud welder would do you any good. That is way worse that I thought. The only way to fix it is to bring it to a body shop. They are going to cut the rocker off and weld a new one on.

Aww shit I didn't want to hear that but after looking at it, it looks to be the only way. Would it be possible to do it myself/with help? I mean it doesn't have to be pretty just needs to work
Old 01-31-2014, 11:25 AM   #5565
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR007 View Post
Aww shit I didn't want to hear that but after looking at it, it looks to be the only way. Would it be possible to do it myself/with help? I mean it doesn't have to be pretty just needs to work
I honestly don't have a clue what all is involved in cutting the rocker loose. I've never seen it done. I imagine it isn't much more than just drilling out a bunch of spot welds but that's a lot easier said than done. I don't even know where you would buy a new rocker. The dealership could probably get one but they would charge an arm and a leg. What I think I would do, is go to a body shop and get a price on them doing the entire thing with and without painting it. If its an outrageous amount, then see if they can get you the rocker panel and maybe show you how to get the old one loose. Sometimes the guys are nice enough to walk you through the process but then sometimes they don't want you to know so that you have to get them to do it.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:28 AM   #5566
DR007 is a splendid one to beholdDR007 is a splendid one to beholdDR007 is a splendid one to beholdDR007 is a splendid one to beholdDR007 is a splendid one to beholdDR007 is a splendid one to beholdDR007 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dylan
DR007's Tacoma Gallery
Ok cool. I'll check around and maybe YouTube some and see what's involved. Trucks going into the shop on the 10 for the first accident so maybe I'll get them to look at it then and see what they say. They also might realign my door since it's slightly off when I open it.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:20 PM   #5568
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
I should be there
Old 02-06-2014, 05:30 PM   #5570

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Who alls going?
Old 02-06-2014, 09:33 PM   #5573
MedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Certified FFII, Hazmat Ops, Instructor I
Name: Josh
MedicMutt's Tacoma Gallery
Looking forward to meeting y'all for the first time.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:33 PM   #5574

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Cool, surprised I haven't seen you running around Josh
Old 02-06-2014, 09:37 PM   #5575
MedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Certified FFII, Hazmat Ops, Instructor I
Name: Josh
MedicMutt's Tacoma Gallery
Most of my travels have been for work in West Feliciana lately, and then trips to NOLA to see the lady. Just finished Paramedic at LSU FETI last year, though. I was all over during that time.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:45 PM   #5576

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicMutt View Post
Most of my travels have been for work in West Feliciana lately, and then trips to NOLA to see the lady. Just finished Paramedic at LSU FETI last year, though. I was all over during that time.
You were right by me then, I live on Ben Hur
Old 02-07-2014, 06:23 AM   #5577

Where is this meet that yall speak of?
Old 02-07-2014, 08:34 AM   #5580

I might try to make it. I don't know what I have going on yet.

Products Discussed in this Thread