Louisiana Tacomas' Sicily Island Run

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Louisiana

Notices

jbmccul's Swamp - Cajun BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-04-2014, 06:20 AM   #5563
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Bowen, this is the tree I was telling you about last week. slid sideways down a hill, caught the tree mid slider (no damage), but the only way to go was forward. tree fit between the slider and tire. crunched the bedside, and then go stuck between the inside edge of the tire and the frame rail.

Old 09-04-2014, 11:03 AM   #5564
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the earlier advice, guys. For our first date we ended up going to her friend's bbq. Really wanted to go to a river bar she spoke about, but it didn't work out that way. Still fun, though.

So, a few things I've learned about LA:
- Extremely happy I have King Shocks and 4wd to be on these horrendous streets.
- The hwy is a used car lot. How do so many cars break down and get abandoned??
- Drivers won't let you in to exit, even when you have a blinker on, make eye-contact, and ask nicely.
This list will grow....
Old 09-04-2014, 11:09 AM   #5565
DR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
DR007's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
Thanks for the earlier advice, guys. For our first date we ended up going to her friend's bbq. Really wanted to go to a river bar she spoke about, but it didn't work out that way. Still fun, though.

- Drivers won't let you in to exit, even when you have a blinker on, make eye-contact, and ask nicely.
This list will grow....

The horrendous streets is the answer to your second question. It's rough on a vehicle. And BR has better roads than where I'm from in Port Barre. Seen a car bottom out in a pot hole down my road..

To get cars to let you in carry a sawed of shotgun and they move over real quick
Old 09-04-2014, 11:58 AM   #5566
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

This list will grow....

In all seriousness, when you want to get over and they aren't letting you, slowly start merging. Like you said, you have a lifted 4wd, I promise they will get out of your way. They don't want to get in a wreck just as bad as you don't. I know that sounds assholish but that's part of driving in louisiana now a days, you have to drive like an asshole to get anywhere.

As far as the cars on the side of the road, most of the cars you see probably were paid for with less money than it would cost to get it towed, so they leave it, till the state tows it.
Old 09-04-2014, 02:01 PM   #5567
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
^^ That's what I had to do! I wasn't in my truck (was a tiny Carolla), and two people wouldn't let me in before the exit so I forced it to many car horns.

Isn't there some sort of business to pick up these broken cars and resell them or something? lol Abandoned should mean something...

Well, Sundays and Mondays are what look to be my days off while here in NoLa, and I brought all my guns, so if anyone wants to offroad and shoot, please let me know.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:31 AM   #5568
Jamart5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJamart5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJamart5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJamart5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJamart5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJamart5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJamart5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJamart5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJamart5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJamart5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJamart5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Juan
Jamart5's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone interested in some TRD Wheels located in Beaumont, Tx
Old 09-08-2014, 02:28 PM   #5569
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^^ That's what I had to do! I wasn't in my truck (was a tiny Carolla), and two people wouldn't let me in before the exit so I forced it to many car horns.

Isn't there some sort of business to pick up these broken cars and resell them or something? lol Abandoned should mean something...

Well, Sundays and Mondays are what look to be my days off while here in NoLa, and I brought all my guns, so if anyone wants to offroad and shoot, please let me know.
We're going to the Sherburne range this Sunday to do a little light wheeling/shooting. Gonna be me and a buddy with a 2nd Gen Reg Cab headed out there so far
Old 09-08-2014, 02:29 PM   #5570
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
Bowen, this is the tree I was telling you about last week. slid sideways down a hill, caught the tree mid slider (no damage), but the only way to go was forward. tree fit between the slider and tire. crunched the bedside, and then go stuck between the inside edge of the tire and the frame rail.

AT least you got a nice Derpwerx sticker out of it
Old 09-08-2014, 02:31 PM   #5572

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR007 View Post
Why hadn't I heard about this? I'm 5 min away.
He and I decided to go the other night. Picked up 90 clays to do a little skeet shooting
Old 09-08-2014, 02:42 PM   #5574

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR007 View Post
Nice. That's always a good time.
Didn't actually go, just made plans to go
Old 11-27-2014, 02:54 PM   #5575
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Sean
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Happy Thanksgiving fellas
Old 11-27-2014, 03:53 PM   #5576

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sje1124 View Post
Happy Thanksgiving fellas
Happy thanksgiving to you too
Old 11-27-2014, 07:01 PM   #5577
Purveyor of Useless Info
MedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Paramedic, Certified FFII, Hazmat Ops, Instructor I
Name: Josh
MedicMutt's Tacoma Gallery
Indeed. Same to you, man.

Products Discussed in this Thread