Louisiana Tacomas' Sicily Island Run

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Louisiana

Notices

Feeler: Sicily Island Feb. 24-26

Old 01-26-2012, 11:24 AM   #1
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Feeler: Sicily Island Feb. 24-26

I know for some of y'all Superlift was too far or too expensive to make it up there. So, I was wondering if their was any interest for another Sicily Island trip the last weekend of February.

The last trip was a ton of fun and we had a great turnout so hopefully we can at least get a small but quality group for another wheeling trip. Hopefully the weather will be a lot drier this time around.

VV Pics from the last trip. VV
http://photobucket.com/cajunyotas

The List
Going
1. jbmccul + a Tahoe
2. Wes + a Fronty
3. souther01taco + f150 (maybe)
4. Blueanimal + 1-2
5. Sje1124
6. TheSilverBull
7. krimson
8. Brunes (+ Mrs. Brunes and Brunes Jr.)
9. rodneys taco

Maybe
1. JoJack
2. Hodges
3. TheMrGExperience
4. Bayou_FJ

UPDATE

Here is the number to call when you reach the park. That way Dennis can come unlock the gate and give you your trail tag. If you call about 30 minutes out he'll meet you there.

Ph: 318-389-4450 / Cell 318-729-1538

DIRECTIONS!
Directions...

From Monroe, La. to Catahoula Recreation is about 62 miles. take I-20 east to Rayville go right on hwy. 137 that turns into hwy. 15 south go threw Wisner La. about 3 miles to Peck La. turn right on hwy. 913 go 5 miles turn right on hwy. 915 go 3 miles to the end of the road.

From Alexandria, La. to Catahoula Recreation is about 70 miles. Take hwy. 28 east to Archie La. then take hwy. 84 east (right) to Jonesville La. go left on hwy. 124 to Harrisonburg La. turn right on hwy. 8 east (cross the Ouachita River bridge) go about 6 miles to Leland La. turn left on hwy. 913 go 3 miles turn left on hwy. 915 go 3 miles to the end of the road.

From Natchez, Ms. to Catahoula Recreation is about 40 miles. Take hwy 15 north and hwy. 65 They run to gather until Clayton La. hang left on hwy 15 north to Sicily Island La. take hwy. 8 west about 5 miles to Leland La. turn right on hwy. 913 go 3 miles turn left on hwy. 915 go 3 miles to the end of the road.
As far as food goes if you have a small grill bring it on up, can't remember if we had one where we camped or not. Also, there is a bathhouse at the park entrance for us to shower and all. Bring sandwich stuff and Water/Soda/Beer if you want some as well, the nearest store is about 15-20 minutes and it doesn't have the greatest selection.

The campsite

Pictures from the Last Trip

Old 01-26-2012, 11:48 AM   #2
Jojack is on a distinguished road

Name: Joel
Jojack's Tacoma Gallery
That's a good possibility for me!
Old 01-26-2012, 11:55 AM   #3
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojack View Post
That's a good possibility for me!
Awesome! Even with all the rain last time it was still a ton of fun!
Old 01-26-2012, 01:00 PM   #4
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
i should be able to make it
Old 01-26-2012, 01:05 PM   #5

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Yoda View Post
i should be able to make it
You better
Old 01-26-2012, 04:09 PM   #8
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in. I had a blast last time and I'm ready to go again.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #9

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Lets get a list going then!

1. jbmccul +2-3 (maybe)

Maybe
Old 01-26-2012, 07:13 PM   #10
Team 4Runner
wesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
wesrunner's Tacoma Gallery
I'll come out for a good time. Might not wheel as much as last time... I kind of JUST finished getting my truck back together... Definately bringing a tent this time! I'll try for sure to get my friend and his Dirty Fronty out there as well!

1. jbmccul +2-3 (maybe)
2. Wes + a Fronty (maybe)

Maybe
Old 01-26-2012, 07:57 PM   #11

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by infaMOUSE View Post
I'll come out for a good time. Might not wheel as much as last time... I kind of JUST finished getting my truck back together... Definately bringing a tent this time! I'll try for sure to get my friend and his Dirty Fronty out there as well!

1. jbmccul +2-3 (maybe)

Maybe
4Runner FTMFW!
Old 01-26-2012, 08:04 PM   #12
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in and I texted my buddy that came the last time and he said he wants to bring his truck this time but don't know if he will be able to afford the gas so we will see.

1. jbmccul +2-3 (maybe)

Maybe
Old 01-26-2012, 08:05 PM   #13

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome!
Old 01-27-2012, 06:25 AM   #14
Team 4Runner
wesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gonna see if my supervisor'll come out too!
Old 01-27-2012, 06:30 AM   #15

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Gonna see if my supervisor'll come out too!
What does he drive?
Old 01-27-2012, 06:34 AM   #16
Team 4Runner

Here's a pic of his rig:

3 inch lift and 32" mt's.

Don't care much for the bed bar.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:38 AM   #17

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice!

You need to get him on TacomaWorld
Old 01-27-2012, 06:42 AM   #18
Team 4Runner

I'll try. Lol. Kind of wierd though, knowing one of my plant supervisors is on TW...

He said he'd for sure want to come out with us next time we go after I showed him the pictures from the December trip.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:43 AM   #19

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'll try. Lol. Kind of wierd though, knowing one of my plant supervisors is on TW...

He said he'd for sure want to come out with us next time we go after I showed him the pictures from the December trip.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:49 AM   #20
Jojack is on a distinguished road

Name: Joel
Jojack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern01Taco View Post
I'm in and I texted my buddy that came the last time and he said he wants to bring his truck this time but don't know if he will be able to afford the gas so we will see.

1. jbmccul +2-3 (maybe)

Maybe
Add me on the maybe list. Damn phone.