Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Louisiana

Notices

Kisatchie National Forest: June 22-24

Old 09-05-2012, 10:56 AM   #21
evan164 is on a distinguished road
Name: Evan
evan164's Tacoma Gallery
That looks awesome!
Would it be a bad idea to take a stock Prerunner, sr5 (so no locker) on that trail?
Old 09-06-2012, 05:23 AM   #22
LostCajun is a jewel in the roughLostCajun is a jewel in the roughLostCajun is a jewel in the rough

Firefighter: US Forest Service Wildland Firefighter
Name: Micah
LostCajun's Tacoma Gallery
It'd be ok if you were in a group. I wouldn't do it by yourself. Also, if it is dry, you'd be ok in most spots, if it's wet, there are places I wouldn't take my truck, much less a stock truck.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:03 AM   #23
evan164's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks! I was planning on finding an easier trail and go with a friend
Old 09-06-2012, 07:10 AM   #24
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan164 View Post
That looks awesome!
Would it be a bad idea to take a stock Prerunner, sr5 (so no locker) on that trail?
While no one was stock there were a fair number of PreRunners there including myself. Had a few stuck moments but nothing too terrible
Old 09-06-2012, 08:14 AM   #25
evan164's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet! I haven't been able to get my truck stuck in 3 years of ownership. I doubt I've put it through anything like that though. It will be interesting to see
Old 09-06-2012, 09:17 AM   #26
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sweet! I haven't been able to get my truck stuck in 3 years of ownership. I doubt I've put it through anything like that though. It will be interesting to see
The last guy that said that we got super stuck.......
Old 09-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #27
evan164's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
The last guy that said that we got super stuck.......
ohhh....hmm maybe I should try to get a winch and stuff before I try anything
Can a winch compensate for not having 4wd?
Old 09-07-2012, 02:57 PM   #28
evan164's Tacoma Gallery
Haha I got stuck in like two inches of mud in a friends yard, managed to get it out. I just got it stuck in a water hole on our property, also managed to rock it out. Turns out it's a bad idea to stop in the middle of a hole.
Maybe off roading at kisatchie wouldn't be such a good idea.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:56 AM   #30

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haha I got stuck in like two inches of mud in a friends yard, managed to get it out. I just got it stuck in a water hole on our property, also managed to rock it out. Turns out it's a bad idea to stop in the middle of a hole.
Maybe off roading at kisatchie wouldn't be such a good idea.
You'll be fine
Old 09-08-2012, 04:17 PM   #31
evan164's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
You'll be fine
Ha ok if you say so, I just won't stop moving
Old 09-11-2012, 07:17 PM   #32
LostCajun is a jewel in the roughLostCajun is a jewel in the roughLostCajun is a jewel in the rough

Firefighter: US Forest Service Wildland Firefighter
Name: Micah
LostCajun's Tacoma Gallery
Bring it on man, we can pull you out... only a few of us have winches, but most all of us have some sort of tow or snatch strap (I have both), so as long as you are with a group, you will be fine. Most of the big holes there you can drive around. Very few of them you have to go through, we just did some for fun and to see if we could make it. I only got stuck trying to get Rodney un-stuck. If I would have taken the time to get to his other side, I wouldn't have even done that.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:01 PM   #33
evan164's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostCajun View Post
Bring it on man, we can pull you out... only a few of us have winches, but most all of us have some sort of tow or snatch strap (I have both), so as long as you are with a group, you will be fine. Most of the big holes there you can drive around. Very few of them you have to go through, we just did some for fun and to see if we could make it. I only got stuck trying to get Rodney un-stuck. If I would have taken the time to get to his other side, I wouldn't have even done that.
Sweet! sounds excellent!