Notices

Hey Folks

Old 06-28-2012, 10:47 AM   #1
milorsm1 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Ammo
Name: Robby
milorsm1's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Folks

Looking to see if there are any good wheeling spots up around shreveport/ bossier area. New to the area just got stationed here and ready to let the taco play a little!
Old 06-28-2012, 01:08 PM   #2
LostCajun is a jewel in the roughLostCajun is a jewel in the roughLostCajun is a jewel in the rough

Firefighter: US Forest Service Wildland Firefighter
Name: Micah
LostCajun's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to LA man. I am down in Alex, so not really familliar with the spots immediately around your area. Andy and Bowen are though, so maybe they know of some. The group does a lot of wheeling trips to a place called Catahoula Off Road park in Sicily Island, LA. That should be about 1-1.5 hours from Shreveport. We also do trips to Kisatchie National Forest. There are 5 districts of it, the closest to you being the Caney, then the Winn districts. You can go 'wheeling' on the forest as long as the road is numbered... no powerlines or pipe lines or just off roading. This sounds like a bummer, but there are plenty of roads in poor condition and it can be pretty fun.. check the pics posted in the other threads. Lastly, you aren't that far from Superlift Off Road Park just outside of Hot Springs, AR. It is a mecca of off road events and is pretty awesome (I haven't had the chance to make it there yet, but it's on the list).

Lastly, we also have a Facebook group called Cajun Yotas. It was started by Bowen and we have like 130 members state wide and a few in TX and MS. Check it out, we have alot of mini meets to eat and such and mod days to work on our trucks as well as wheeling trips.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:03 PM   #3
JRob33 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Barksdale AFB
Name: Josh
JRob33's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to Barksdale! Hope you don't mind some heat and humidity. lol
Old 06-28-2012, 09:31 PM   #4
berettashot117 is on a distinguished road
Army: cav scout
berettashot117's Tacoma Gallery
nowhere to go around town.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:51 AM   #6
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Barnwell Mountain over in Gilmer, TX

We are doing a ride over there in August if you're interested
Old 07-06-2012, 07:52 AM   #7

Thanks for the info LostCajun. jbmccul I'd be intrested in August just let me know the date so I can make sure I can go.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:56 AM   #8

Jrob33 I was stationed in Guam for 4 yrs humidity is pretty much the same but the heat is worse here.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #9
JRob33 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Barksdale AFB
Name: Josh
JRob33's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by milorsm1 View Post
Jrob33 I was stationed in Guam for 4 yrs humidity is pretty much the same but the heat is worse here.
Yeah no kidding about the humidity but I would still take that weather any day versus here. Rain showers included. Also, I wouldn't mind being able to enjoy an ice cold assam black tea
Old 07-06-2012, 01:29 PM   #10
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by milorsm1 View Post
Thanks for the info LostCajun. jbmccul I'd be intrested in August just let me know the date so I can make sure I can go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRob33 View Post
Yeah no kidding about the humidity but I would still take that weather any day versus here. Rain showers included. Also, I wouldn't mind being able to enjoy an ice cold assam black tea
Hey, are either of you on Facebook? The event is mostly FJ's and T4R's so there wont me much talk about it on here. So if you are I'll add you to the event
Old 07-09-2012, 02:27 PM   #11

Yeah add me to the event!