Louisiana Tacomas' Sicily Island Run

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Louisiana

Notices

Kisatchie National Forest: October 6-7

Old 09-12-2012, 07:13 AM   #1
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Kisatchie National Forest: October 6-7

So Jason and I were talking the other day about taking a little quick trip before SCC. Since he had never done Kisatchie I figured it would be a nice place to go camping and get away for a few days and do a little bit of wheeling.

For those of you that have never been out there the wheeling is very mild, definitely PreRunner/Stock friendly however you can still have a good time.

Figured we would head out Saturday AM for the park which is 30 minutes west of Alexandria, camp Saturday night, and then come back Sunday. The place we usually camp is primitive, however there are bathhouses and campsites with power/water hookups not far away. There is no cost involved with camping on the primitive site.

Directions to the Primitive Site. For those of you that want electric/water hookups the main camping area is only about 1 mile down Valentine Lake RD.

Directions to the Campsite:
From Shreveport/North LA
- Take I-49 south to Exit 86 (MacArthur Dr.)
- Right on MacArthur Dr
- Right on LA 28 (Coliseum Blvd.)
- After 13 miles, left onto LA 121
- After 0.4 miles, left onto Forest Route 279 (Valentine Lake Rd.)
- After 2.5 miles, left onto Forest Route 280 (Hard intersection to see)
- Campsite marker is on the right, marker EO11C, follow the trail to the end

From Baton Rouge/Lafayette
- Take I-49N to exit 80 (MacArthur Dr.)
- North on MacArthur Dr. for approx. 6 miles
- Left onto LA 28 (Coliseum Blvd.)
- After 13 miles, left onto LA 121
- After 0.4 miles, left onto Forest Route 279 (Valentine Lake Rd.)
- After 2.5 miles, left onto Forest Route 280 (Hard intersection to see)
- Campsite marker is on the right, marker EO11C, follow the trail to the end

The Campsite
Old 09-14-2012, 02:37 PM   #2
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Going:
1. jbmccul +1
2. Lost Cajun (Micah - Our resident park ranger)
3. Toy Yoda (Garrett) +1(maybe)
4. Honey badger (Bon)
5. TheSilverBull (Andy)
6. TundraRod
7. Jerid
8. Matt W.
9. wesrunner (+ a Fronty and a 4Runner)

Maybe:
1. wesrunner (Wes)
2. Frey (+1-3)
3. Hodges
4. B-Rad
5. Kate Upton (only going if matt goes)
Old 09-18-2012, 11:52 AM   #3
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
Bump
Old 09-18-2012, 11:59 AM   #4

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Yoda View Post
Bump
Old 09-21-2012, 12:31 PM   #5

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Bump
Old 09-22-2012, 09:45 PM   #6
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
Since I'm on my phone I had to screenshot, but BUMPPPP

Kisatchie National Forest: October 6-7-imageuploadedbytapatalk1348375515.333785.jpg
Old 09-27-2012, 02:45 PM   #7
Signcutter21 is on a distinguished road
Signcutter21's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, and i'm gonna be in the area saturday morning too to pick up my boy for the weekend. i really need to get out camping and to meet some fellow Taco owners out here, not to mention take the new toy on her maiden off road trip. maybe next time.
mike
Old 09-28-2012, 05:34 AM   #8
LostCajun is a jewel in the roughLostCajun is a jewel in the roughLostCajun is a jewel in the rough

Firefighter: US Forest Service Wildland Firefighter
Name: Micah
LostCajun's Tacoma Gallery
To all those coming on the trip, the wife and I are planning on bringing the camper down to the campsite Thursday night and staying through Sunday night. It is supposed to rain this coming weekend, so depending on how much we get, it could still be muddy the week of the trip, so plan accordingly (i'm probably gonna have a set of rubber boots handy ).

Also, to those who have mountian bikes: Kisatchie has over 30 miles of trails to enjoy and we have a loop right around the main campground that is 9 miles of some of the best single track in the state, if not the southeast. I am planning on bringing my bike and enjoying a few rides. I went yesterday and the trails are in near perfect shape. I know that the main point is to go wheeling, but if you are here, don't waste the chance. We can go for a short group ride one evening if enough people are interested.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:56 PM   #9
Tacomanater21 is on a distinguished road
Name: Josh
Tacomanater21's Tacoma Gallery
i will most likley be there
Old 09-30-2012, 03:38 PM   #10
Blueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Firefighter/ EMT
Name: Matt
Blueanimal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Yoda View Post
Bump
Is she coming?
Old 10-03-2012, 11:44 PM   #11

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueanimal View Post
Is she coming?
Are you coming?
Old 10-04-2012, 03:39 AM   #12
Blueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Firefighter/ EMT
Name: Matt
Blueanimal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
Are you coming?
I wish. Maybe next time.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:37 AM   #13

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Here are the pictures

Old 10-08-2012, 06:43 AM   #14

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery

Old 10-08-2012, 06:49 AM   #15

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery

Old 10-08-2012, 06:55 AM   #16

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery

Old 10-08-2012, 07:02 AM   #17

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery

Old 10-08-2012, 04:23 PM   #18
( . Y . ) = :)
TacoTRD420 will become famous soon enough

Name: Jake
TacoTRD420's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TacoTRD420
Nice! Looks like a blast.. I wish i could have made the trip, i love to go there.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:32 AM   #19

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTRD420 View Post
Nice! Looks like a blast.. I wish i could have made the trip, i love to go there.
You'll make it out there with us sooner or later!
Old 10-09-2012, 04:25 PM   #20
( . Y . ) = :)
TacoTRD420 will become famous soon enough

Name: Jake
TacoTRD420's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TacoTRD420
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
You'll make it out there with us sooner or later!
Yea one of these days... I like to go after i lift the FJ, looking to lift it here in the next 3-4 months..