Louisiana Tacomas' Sicily Island Run

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Louisiana

Notices

2nd Annual Sicily Island December Run (12/28-30)

Old 11-14-2012, 08:57 AM   #1
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
2nd Annual Sicily Island December Run (12/28-30)

Gonna be making another trip out to Catahoula OHV in Sicily Island, LA. Last year, this was the first trip Cajun Yotas did together and hopefully we will have an even bigger and better turnout this year.

GOING
1. jbmccul
2. RedStickT4R
3. Roger M.
4. wesrunner
5. Brunes
6. Blueanimal
7. Jerid A.
8. Hodges
9. Jessie H.
10. berettashot117
11. Southern01Taco
12. Honey badger
13. A_HuL + jaybird93000
14. Lost Cajun

MAYBE
1. jblood9
2. Kyle P.
3. Toy Yoda
4. lostinafog
5. TheSilverBull
6. 98_mud_bug
7. Grouper
8. Bang Bang
9. Milze B.
10. Coklin N.

For those of you that haven't been there it's $40 per weekend per driver and $10 per passenger. There is a bathhouse with a few power hookups however, the majority of us camp out up on a bluff at the primitive area.

CAMPSITE
Room for 10-15 rigs plus tents with more space on the other side of the road.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:39 PM   #3
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Most likely in!!

When will you know for sure? Evey and CJ making the trip

EDIT: Gonna have her all armored up this time around?
Old 11-14-2012, 03:47 PM   #4
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post

When will you know for sure? Evey and CJ making the trip

EDIT: Gonna have her all armored up this time around?
I gotta talk with a couple guys at work to swap one day. Shouldn't be too big of a deal.

CJ will certainly be there-Evey will likely be too.
The skids are all on already...If the bumpers show up and I can het them painted I'll het them on. I need to order some winch parts in the next few days and get that rebuild finished too. Could be effing amazing....
Old 11-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #5

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure we could get a mod day together. I wanna see your beast in action with all that armor on it!
Old 11-14-2012, 03:58 PM   #6
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm sure we could get a mod day together. I wanna see your beast in action with all that armor on it!
Yeah-Mostly worried about getting the paint shot and then the winch set up done - and getting the stuff on the list my wide has for around the house.

Going to swap to a Superwinch DC contactor instead of the solenoids it has now...but I'm gunna need new wiring almost all the way around. Gotta find a nearby place to get wires cut and terminals put on them.

I know a guy that has a set of air nippers to make the cuts for the high clearance rear. And I'll have everything else that I need.

I hope I can bring it up there all beasted out...
Old 11-14-2012, 04:27 PM   #7

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah-Mostly worried about getting the paint shot and then the winch set up done - and getting the stuff on the list my wide has for around the house.

Going to swap to a Superwinch DC contactor instead of the solenoids it has now...but I'm gunna need new wiring almost all the way around. Gotta find a nearby place to get wires cut and terminals put on them.

I know a guy that has a set of air nippers to make the cuts for the high clearance rear. And I'll have everything else that I need.

You and me both. It'll be like Shady's truck 2.0
Old 11-16-2012, 04:24 AM   #8
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I might be able to make it this time around even if I have to change my tires with a 4 way when I get up there lol.

Quote:

I can get a big set of crimpers. My dad has a set at his work that I used to crimp the ends on all of my wires for my winch. If you haven't bought the wire yet, you can get it from oreilleys, autozone, etc. and they will cut it to the length you need. You can also cut it with a good pair of dikes, it's just a little difficult.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:18 PM   #10

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern01Taco View Post
I might be able to make it this time around even if I have to change my tires with a 4 way when I get up there lol.
That would be awesome if you could get back out there with us man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sje1124 View Post
Wish i could make it this year, but duty calls....boo
That sucks man. When is all your armor coming in?
Old 11-16-2012, 01:26 PM   #11
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Sean
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Well my bumper is supposed to ship today and I might be ordering a BAMF rear diff skid on Monday for the 30% off sale.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:41 PM   #12
Team 4Runner
wesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
wesrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-23-2012, 07:43 PM   #13

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered BAMF Sliders, hopefully the'll be in for the trip!
Old 11-23-2012, 07:48 PM   #15

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Gunna grow a pair to go with those sliders....Maybe actually use them??
Of course! The last time we wheeled together I had no lift and highway tires and I still managed to run into stuff. Gonna have to conquer Short Cut, it's like a right of passage.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:51 PM   #17

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I like that attitude!!!
You missed the 2 trees I hit at Barnwell......
Old 11-23-2012, 07:55 PM   #19

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Lol...I might not have seen it...but I believe it.
I'm hoping my bumpers ship soon....I'm gunna work hard on the house so I have time in Dec to prep and paint them...
My finals end Dec. 8th and I probably wont leave for Shreveport til Monday the 10th. If you have them I can come by on the 9th and help you if you have them by then
Old 11-23-2012, 07:58 PM   #20
abides.

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My finals end Dec. 8th and I probably wont leave for Shreveport til Monday the 10th. If you have them I can come by on the 9th and help you if you have them by then
My guess is they won't be here by then....It'll be about a week to 10 once they ship...and I'nit sure where in the process they are at right now...i know they are being built and should be close to done. So we'll see...
I also gotta order my new wiring stuff for the winch...