Louisiana Tacomas' Sicily Island Run

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Louisiana

Notices

Sicily Island: November 1-3

Old 08-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #1
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Sicily Island: November 1-3

Picked the date because it's the first open weekend for LSU Football and it's 2 months in advance so everyone better be there!

GOING
1. jbmccul
2. Wes (wesrunner) +1
3. mynewtoy
4. Don C.
5. RedStickT4R
6. Hunter
7. Rmarqu2 (If he doesn't break anything at SCC)
8. Canazes9

MAYBE
1. Blueanimal + a jeep
Old 08-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #2
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
For those of you that haven't been there it's $40 per weekend per driver and $10 per passenger. There is a bathhouse with a few power hookups and space for tents nearby.

Here is the number to call when you reach the park. That way Dennis can come unlock the gate and give you your trail tag. If you call about 30 minutes out he'll meet you there.

Ph: 318-389-4450 / Cell 318-729-1538

DIRECTIONS!
Directions...

From Monroe, La. to Catahoula Recreation is about 62 miles. take I-20 east to Rayville go right on hwy. 137 that turns into hwy. 15 south go threw Wisner La. about 3 miles to Peck La. turn right on hwy. 913 go 5 miles turn right on hwy. 915 go 3 miles to the end of the road.

From Alexandria, La. to Catahoula Recreation is about 70 miles. Take hwy. 28 east to Archie La. then take hwy. 84 east (right) to Jonesville La. go left on hwy. 124 to Harrisonburg La. turn right on hwy. 8 east (cross the Ouachita River bridge) go about 6 miles to Leland La. turn left on hwy. 913 go 3 miles turn left on hwy. 915 go 3 miles to the end of the road.

From Natchez, Ms. to Catahoula Recreation is about 40 miles. Take hwy 15 north and hwy. 65 They run to gather until Clayton La. hang left on hwy 15 north to Sicily Island La. take hwy. 8 west about 5 miles to Leland La. turn right on hwy. 913 go 3 miles turn left on hwy. 915 go 3 miles to the end of the road.
As far as food goes if you have a small grill bring it on up, can't remember if we had one where we camped or not. Also, there is a bathhouse at the park entrance for us to shower and all. Bring sandwich stuff and Water/Soda/Beer if you want some as well, the nearest store is about 15-20 minutes and it doesn't have the greatest selection.

What you're getting yourself into
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=QKNFdej_10M

Old 08-04-2013, 08:02 AM   #6

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarder23 View Post
I'm in
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynewtoy View Post
im in too
Look forward to meeting y'all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
I gotta make the request at work, so I,m a maybe for now...
Sounds good, hopefully it's far enough in advance that everyone that wants off can get off
Old 08-05-2013, 08:28 AM   #7
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
As long as I don't tear anything serious up at SCC, then I'll be there. So put me on the maybe list as of now.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:25 AM   #8

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern01Taco View Post
As long as I don't tear anything serious up at SCC, then I'll be there. So put me on the maybe list as of now.
Will do
Old 08-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #9
mynewtoy has much to be proud ofmynewtoy has much to be proud ofmynewtoy has much to be proud ofmynewtoy has much to be proud ofmynewtoy has much to be proud ofmynewtoy has much to be proud ofmynewtoy has much to be proud ofmynewtoy has much to be proud of

Name: greg
mynewtoy's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=jbmccul;7253236]Look forward to meeting y'all

im looking forward to meeting meeting yall too.

I have been wanting to go check out sicily lsland for almost a year now.

that video looks like it could be challenging if it rains. I hope it rains
Old 08-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #10

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=mynewtoy;7258600]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
Look forward to meeting y'all

im looking forward to meeting meeting yall too.

I have been wanting to go check out sicily lsland for almost a year now.

that video looks like it could be challenging if it rains. I hope it rains
It gets slick as owl shit if it pours but it's a ton of fun
Old 08-05-2013, 06:08 PM   #11
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a maybe for now, need to put a chit in at work and talk to the wife
Old 08-05-2013, 10:09 PM   #12

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sje1124 View Post
I'm a maybe for now, need to put a chit in at work and talk to the wife
Sounds good man
Old 08-06-2013, 05:17 AM   #13
Minnis12 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
Minnis12's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be there. Probly bringing the fiance this time
Old 08-11-2013, 10:55 PM   #14
RedStickT4R is on a distinguished road

Name: Matthew
RedStickT4R's Tacoma Gallery
I will definitely be there. I've been having this wheeling itch lately and have missed the last two trips. Anyone rolling from B.R.?
Old 08-12-2013, 01:29 AM   #15

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
I am
Old 08-12-2013, 05:56 AM   #16
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
If I go, I'll probably go through BR.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:58 PM   #18
RedStickT4R is on a distinguished road

Name: Matthew
RedStickT4R's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarder23 View Post
I'm out, just realized Voodoo Fest is that weekend and that takes precedence.
Wait... Dang it! Yup I may be out also. I'm not sure which day I'm going yet so I may be able to go Friday and leave Saturday night if I go on Sunday.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:22 AM   #20

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Just a bump, about 2 months away!