Louisiana Tacomas' Sicily Island Run

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Louisiana

Notices

Backroads and Bayous Trip

Old 01-23-2014, 08:41 PM   #62
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarder23 View Post
Old 01-24-2014, 10:50 AM   #63
FALlover is a jewel in the roughFALlover is a jewel in the roughFALlover is a jewel in the rough
FALlover's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
Who are you on CY?
if you are talking to me, matt with a camo truck in my picture
Old 01-24-2014, 10:51 AM   #64
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FALlover View Post
if you are talking to me, matt with a camo truck in my picture
Gotcha
Old 01-24-2014, 11:55 AM   #65
MedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Certified FFII, Hazmat Ops, Instructor I
Name: Josh
MedicMutt's Tacoma Gallery
Okay, may wind up being able to do this run if scheduling can work with me. The better half has also shown interest in going, too. So I have a few of questions for anyone willing to answer (thanks in advance).

1: Would this trip be appropriate for a first timer?
2: Can a PreRunner handle it?
3: Without getting ridiculous; what kit do I need? (i.e. CB radio, recovery strap, safety gear)
4: Tent and sleeping bag are kinda obvious. What else would be useful?

I'm about as inexperienced as one can get with this, but I figure everybody needs a jumping off point. And I can adjust my kit as time and experience builds.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:01 PM   #66

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicMutt View Post
Okay, may wind up being able to do this run if scheduling can work with me. The better half has also shown interest in going, too. So I have a few of questions for anyone willing to answer (thanks in advance).

1: Would this trip be appropriate for a first timer?
2: Can a PreRunner handle it?
3: Without getting ridiculous; what kit do I need? (i.e. CB radio, recovery strap, safety gear)
4: Tent and sleeping bag are kinda obvious. What else would be useful?

I'm about as inexperienced as one can get with this, but I figure everybody needs a jumping off point. And I can adjust my kit as time and experience builds.
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. A CB is definitely a plus. Most of the trip will be on paved and gravel roads so a strap isn't necessary but always good to have.
4. You can rent cabins at the state park for the night and there is also tent camping available. Any other supplies (food/grill/etc.) is up to you
Old 01-24-2014, 03:31 PM   #67
MedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. A CB is definitely a plus. Most of the trip will be on paved and gravel roads so a strap isn't necessary but always good to have.
4. You can rent cabins at the state park for the night and there is also tent camping available. Any other supplies (food/grill/etc.) is up to you
Killer, thanks very much for the info. I'll be watching for dates so I can mark off my calendar. Still not guaranteed, but looking hopeful.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:23 PM   #68

Not trying to be a bother; I know everyone's schedules stay fairly busy. Is this trip still gonna happen?
Old 03-07-2014, 03:44 AM   #69
Largest Member.....huhuh
rmarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant future

EMS: Emergency room RN
Name: Roger
rmarqu2's Tacoma Gallery
I'm pretty sure that the cold weather may have demotivated the project. It'll bounce back. We'll try for the early summer
Old 04-01-2014, 07:03 AM   #70
frenchy83 is on a distinguished road

Army: Fort Leonard Wood
frenchy83's Tacoma Gallery
good

Im glad it hasnt happened yet now I can go on it I just got out the army and not working for at lest till august so yea I can make it
Old 04-01-2014, 07:07 AM   #71

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I kinda dropped the ball on this. I've been swamped with school