Louisiana Tacomas' Sicily Island Run

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Louisiana

Notices

Backroads and Bayous Trip

Old 01-04-2014, 04:01 PM   #1
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Backroads and Bayous Trip

I have always wanted to explore all of the little backroads through Cajun Country and after the first Cajun Yotas "Levee Trip" I had just a small taste of what all is hidden in the swamps. A few people, myself included have wanted to make the next trip even bigger and make it a 2 day trip. I've been looking at routes for the last few days and have come up with a pretty solid one I believe. Who all is interested in going?
Old 01-04-2014, 04:01 PM   #2
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Here's the basic map
Old 01-04-2014, 04:02 PM   #3

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-04-2014, 04:02 PM   #4

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Reserved also
Old 01-04-2014, 04:03 PM   #5
Boone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I thought about going to the new Popeyes in Charlotte, backroads only. Louisiana fast.....
But that's too damn far off the mountain.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:05 PM   #6

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Wut?
Old 01-04-2014, 04:37 PM   #8

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
I've already got something planned out, 218 miles around and in the Atchafalaya basin
Old 01-04-2014, 04:57 PM   #10
( . Y . ) = :)
TacoTRD420 will become famous soon enough

Name: Jake
TacoTRD420's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TacoTRD420
when you planning this?
Old 01-04-2014, 05:00 PM   #11

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTRD420 View Post
when you planning this?
Probably in about a month. Once I prerun the route and make sure all these roads that connect on maps actually connect I'll have a better idea.

But I guarantee you it'll have gun ranges, camping, and all that good stuff
Old 01-04-2014, 05:08 PM   #12
( . Y . ) = :)
TacoTRD420 will become famous soon enough

Name: Jake
TacoTRD420's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TacoTRD420
sounds good hope im home for it.. if im home when you go check it out let me know ill go with you..
Old 01-04-2014, 05:23 PM   #15

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sje1124 View Post
Do you have a pic of the roads you want to take?
They are all either State Hwy/Parish Hwy/or Local roads. It's all gravel/pavement, maybe a little dirt
Old 01-04-2014, 05:29 PM   #16

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Here's the map
Attached Thumbnails
Backroads and Bayous Trip-levee-map.jpg  
Old 01-04-2014, 05:43 PM   #19

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR007 View Post
You're going north from I-10 or south first?
North;
Day 1: BR to Shreburne, to Krotz Springs, through Butte LaRose to Lake Fausse Point State park.
Day 2: LFPSP to Morgan City, up through Pierre Part to Grosse Tete, and back to BR