Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Marion Bumper2Bumper

Notices

2nd Gen Tacoma electrical system upgrade is now available!!

Old 03-04-2014, 12:29 PM   #1
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
2nd Gen Tacoma electrical system upgrade is now available!!

Well it took me a while to get everything sorted out, and to be sure that the system will work as designed, but now we have it! The 2nd Gen Tacoma Electrical System Stage Kit has started!

As of right now, we only have the Stage 1 Kits available, as I am still getting the alternator supplier locked into what I need. Today's 2nd gen Tacoma trucks with the off-road package already have a 130A alternator, which will perform just fine with the average demands of our Tacoma line. We will however be offering both a 200A and a 250A alternator for those who are running extreme loads from winches and high-power stereo systems who are looking for a FACTORY look under the hood, while still having the performance level of the super alternators.

So here is what the Stage 1 Kit comes with:
  • High quality battery terminals with built-in voltage gauge for "at-a-glance" reading of your battery status.
  • Heavy-duty 2 gauge primary cables for starter and vehicle grounds using welding cable with over 2000 strands of copper.
  • Heavy-duty 4 gauge alternator cable, and vehicle power cable made of the same welding cable style, with over 1000 strands of copper.
  • Heavy-duty 4 gauge power point draw with 130A fuse
  • Performance Stereo 8 gauge wire for body ground
  • Instructions on installation
The upcoming Stage 2 Kit will come with everything found in the Stage 1 Kit, with the addition of either a 130A alternator for those vehicles not having the Off-road package from the factory, or the 200A or 250A alternators for those wishing for extreme power output!

Just like the 1st gen Kits, each 2nd gen Kit is custom made to order, so please factor in up to 2 weeks to build your individual kit, and have them shipped to you. Starting price for the Stage 1 Basic Kit will be $120 plus $11 shipping. This includes shipping to anywhere in the 50 US states, including of course Hawaii and Alaska! Shipping is available to Canada, but you will need to contact me on shipping rates. Custom Kits are available on request, and pricing will vary depending on requirements.

Stage 2 Kits now ready to build!

I just got a reply back from the supplier. Looks like the 200A units will be $265 plus shipping, and the 250A units will be $320 plus shipping. If bought as a Stage 2 Kit, that means the total would be $385 plus $15 shipping for the 200A and $445 plus $15 shipping for the 250A unit.

*The Stage 2 kit with 250A alternator will come with 2 gauge alternator cabling.

PLEASE NOTE that the listed prices are for the BASIC Stage 1/Stage 2 Kits. Additional length cables, or additional power points will increase this cost so PLEASE be specific when ordering. Thank you.

Feel free to post any questions you have! Thanks!
Old 03-04-2014, 12:35 PM   #2
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Good idea!
Old 03-04-2014, 12:38 PM   #4
ExPo Truck
tacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to behold

Name: Bryant
tacomacrazy's Tacoma Gallery
might be a silly question but can you provide some examples on what equpiment will require a 200 or 250. im on the fence of which one to go with.

ie. if youre running a winch, cb, and 2-6 extra off road lights would you recommend the 200 or 250?

thanks
Old 03-04-2014, 12:40 PM   #5
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpeterson24 View Post
correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the sport model with towing package also comes with the 130A alternator?

I believe all the trucks with the towing package have the heavier alternator as do all the Canadian 6 lugs IIRC
Old 03-04-2014, 01:03 PM   #6
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpeterson24 View Post
correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the sport model with towing package also comes with the 130A alternator?
Yes, I believe you are correct that those with towing package do have the larger, 130 amp alternators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomacrazy View Post
might be a silly question but can you provide some examples on what equpiment will require a 200 or 250. im on the fence of which one to go with.

ie. if youre running a winch, cb, and 2-6 extra off road lights would you recommend the 200 or 250?

thanks
The factory 130A alternator puts out 130A at approximately 3000 RPM at the shaft. This equates to around 1400-1500 engine RPMs. At idle the stock alternator is only capable of around 60-70 amps. The 200A units are capable of putting out 100+amps at engine idle speed. Comparing the two you get this:
Stock alternator output at idle approx 60-70 amps
My 200A alternator output at idle approx 100-105 amps

So if you are running aftermarket amps equal to or above 800W of power, then at idle, with the bass turned up, you may be drawing more power than your stock alternator can provide. This equates to sound quality degradation, as well as "flickering" of the headlights when at a stop light and RPMs are only around 700.

I would recommend calculating out your total estimated load, and then decide on if you want to keep your stock alternator, or upgrade it.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:09 PM   #7
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
curious about the 250A alternator price. already have the other items
Old 03-04-2014, 01:28 PM   #9
ASE Master Tech

I just got a reply back from the supplier. Looks like the 200A units will be $265 plus shipping, and the 250A units will be $320 plus shipping. If bought as a Stage 2 Kit, that means the total would be $385 plus $15 shipping for the 200A and $445 plus $15 shipping for the 250A unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
curious about the 250A alternator price. already have the other items
As long as you are running a minimum of 2 gauge alternator cable you will be good with the 250A unit. the 250A alternator by itself would be $320, plus $15 shipping.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:43 PM   #12
ASE Master Tech

BnR takes factory alternators and builds them into higher output ones. Most of the high-output alternators built by other companies just replace the stator. This gives you a great high end output, but poor lower end output (idle speed output). BnR replaces both the stator AND the field coil for a truly strong alternator. I have one in my truck and I love it. Ever since I installed it I no longer get headlight flicker when cranking the stereo at idle. I measured the output and at idle I was putting out 80 amps the other day! Most of your other ones like the Mean Green I have been told only puts out 40 amps at idle. I have sold the same alternator to the 1st Gen group with happy customers!
Old 03-05-2014, 10:43 AM   #13
ASE Master Tech

This is funny. I had a dozen people asking me when I was going to get these kits made, and now that they are out, I haven't heard from any of them! lmao. Oh well. sooner or later.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:07 AM   #14
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
This is funny. I had a dozen people asking me when I was going to get these kits made, and now that they are out, I haven't heard from any of them! lmao. Oh well. sooner or later.
Just saw the thread.
This is on the to-do list after my suspension project.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:10 AM   #15
ASE Master Tech

I know the feeling! I had my suspension lift on before I did this upgrade myself.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:14 AM   #16
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
I know the feeling! I had my suspension lift on before I did this upgrade myself.
I'm just upgrading my existing lift - going from 5100's to fox c/o & other upgrades.
This electrical upgrade is not at the top of the list only because I'm not running anything that the stock system can't handle (for now).
I've already purchased the bluesea fusebox and breaker with the mount.
Your kit will complete the necessary components for the upgrade very nicely.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:23 AM   #17
ASE Master Tech

Cool! I'll be honest, I am not 100% sure WHAT my lift is. When my buddy upgraded HIS lift, I took his old one. lol.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:27 AM   #18
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely Subbed for future mods
Old 03-05-2014, 12:21 PM   #19
"Senior", Senior Member
keninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken
keninsb's Tacoma Gallery
I am definitely interested Bama. Any chance that you can post some pics of the kits in their various configurations once you have a few ready? I am definitely going to jump on one, just cannot figure out which one and have to free up some funds.
Thanks for all your hard work, follow through and updates!
Ken
Old 03-05-2014, 12:27 PM   #20
ASE Master Tech

I will do what I can, but since these are custom built to order, there will still be some variations.