Well it took me a while to get everything sorted out, and to be sure that the system will work as designed, but now we have it! The 2nd Gen Tacoma Electrical System Stage Kit has started!
As of right now, we only have the Stage 1 Kits available, as I am still getting the alternator supplier locked into what I need. Today's 2nd gen Tacoma trucks with the off-road package already have a 130A alternator, which will perform just fine with the average demands of our Tacoma line. We will however be offering both a 200A and a 250A alternator for those who are running extreme loads from winches and high-power stereo systems who are looking for a FACTORY look under the hood, while still having the performance level of the super alternators.
So here is what the Stage 1 Kit comes with:
- High quality battery terminals with built-in voltage gauge for "at-a-glance" reading of your battery status.
- Heavy-duty 2 gauge primary cables for starter and vehicle grounds using welding cable with over 2000 strands of copper.
- Heavy-duty 4 gauge alternator cable, and vehicle power cable made of the same welding cable style, with over 1000 strands of copper.
- Heavy-duty 4 gauge power point draw with 130A fuse
- Performance Stereo 8 gauge wire for body ground
- Instructions on installation
Just like the 1st gen Kits, each 2nd gen Kit is custom made to order, so please factor in up to 2 weeks to build your individual kit, and have them shipped to you. Starting price for the Stage 1 Basic Kit will be $120 plus $11 shipping. This includes shipping to anywhere in the 50 US states, including of course Hawaii and Alaska! Shipping is available to Canada, but you will need to contact me on shipping rates. Custom Kits are available on request, and pricing will vary depending on requirements.
Stage 2 Kits now ready to build!
I just got a reply back from the supplier. Looks like the 200A units will be $265 plus shipping, and the 250A units will be $320 plus shipping. If bought as a Stage 2 Kit, that means the total would be $385 plus $15 shipping for the 200A and $445 plus $15 shipping for the 250A unit.
*The Stage 2 kit with 250A alternator will come with 2 gauge alternator cabling.
PLEASE NOTE that the listed prices are for the BASIC Stage 1/Stage 2 Kits. Additional length cables, or additional power points will increase this cost so PLEASE be specific when ordering. Thank you.
Feel free to post any questions you have! Thanks!