Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Metaltech 4x4

Notices

Icon Bolt On Secondary Shock Hoops and Shocks at Metal Tech 4x4!

Old 03-05-2013, 11:09 AM   #1
Metal Tech 4x4
LT. is a name known to allLT. is a name known to allLT. is a name known to allLT. is a name known to allLT. is a name known to allLT. is a name known to all

Name: Travis "LT"
LT.'s Tacoma Gallery
Icon Bolt On Secondary Shock Hoops and Shocks at Metal Tech 4x4!

Icon has finally released their new S2 performance secondary shock hoop system! This system is a complete bolt on unit utilizing a lower a arm skid plate and the secondary shock hoop bolts to the frame. There will be 3 different shock options: 2.5" Remote Reservoir, 2.5" Remote Reservoir w/ CDC, and 2.5" Omega Bypass. This kit will work on 07+ FJ Cruiser, 03+ 4Runner and 05+ Tacoma.

We are currently waiting on our inventory order but if you would like to place your order now we will not bill you until it is ready to be shipped.

Old 04-05-2013, 05:21 PM   #2
R.A.M.F (R@D A$$ MUTHA FU$KA)
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sir_Rad
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
So I'm guessing its NOT $423.00 for a pair of ICON 2.5 Bypasses?

I'd be all over that if it were for a pair. LOL
Old 04-08-2013, 05:20 PM   #3
Metal Tech 4x4
LT. is a name known to allLT. is a name known to allLT. is a name known to allLT. is a name known to allLT. is a name known to allLT. is a name known to all

LT.'s Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to say that is the price per shock.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:24 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Still don't like that secondary hoop leveraging on the coil bucket, already known to be a weak link. That's the sacrifice for bolt on convenience I guess.

Edit: And what's the other half of that secondary shock mount on the LCA skid?
Old 04-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #5
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RAD's Tacoma Gallery
^ You can gusset the coil bucket with some TC weld on parts. That would make it real secure.

I wouldn't trust the bolt on ICON lower skid plate to where it mounts the bypass shock. However they're saying it works and performs.

I'd mount it on a set of TC or LSK oem Lowers instead. The mount on the Icon skid for the lower is suspect.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAD View Post
^ You can gusset the coil bucket with some TC weld on parts. That would make it real secure.

I wouldn't trust the bolt on ICON lower skid plate to where it mounts the bypass shock. However they're saying it works and performs.

I'd mount it on a set of TC or LSK oem Lowers instead. The mount on the Icon skid for the lower is suspect.
Yes, of course, but then why not use the TC kit from the beginning?

The big feature here is that it's a bolt on, reversible package. Frankly, I'm just not sure you can stay bolt on and set a suspension like this up properly. But I'm looking forward to people testing it.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:40 AM   #7
Metal Tech 4x4

LT.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Still don't like that secondary hoop leveraging on the coil bucket, already known to be a weak link. That's the sacrifice for bolt on convenience I guess.

Edit: And what's the other half of that secondary shock mount on the LCA skid?
The secondary shock hoop bolts to the coil bucket and the frame just like the TC weld on version.

The lower half there is one formed tab off the skid plate and a second tab that you weld onto your factory lower control arm.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:58 AM   #9
JerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Jerry
JerryTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Cool system, but adding more to an already weak factory LCA kind of scares me a little.. I have plans to do something similar, but with TC LCA's, and TC shock hoop, and ICON shocks...
Old 04-12-2013, 09:22 AM   #10

RAD's Tacoma Gallery
^Thats a fantastic idea. . . Same as I'd do.

You can still run everything intended but upgrade the stock LCA.

However, if you weld a tab to the existing stock lca and use the other side mount of the Icon skid plate. It should handle well as if you would abusing your stock arms in general.

There are guys who run their Tacos hard as well on stock lowers.