Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Mid West

Notices

Kansas City, MO - TW Member Introductions

Old 08-12-2011, 01:34 PM   #61
colder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant future
colder's Tacoma Gallery
Nice.. that's the parking lot that used to be Venture when I was a kid... it's Target or something now right?
Old 08-12-2011, 10:12 PM   #62
BGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to all
Name: Baron
BGrutter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colder View Post
Nice.. that's the parking lot that used to be Venture when I was a kid... it's Target or something now right?
Huh?
Old 08-14-2011, 09:59 AM   #63
Shanran71 has a spectacular aura aboutShanran71 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Shannon
Shanran71's Tacoma Gallery
WRONG WEEKEND LISTED BELOW: It is the weekend before (sept 16-18) Torando Alley Cruisers is the site the sign up. - Sorry, Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanran71 View Post
I copied this from my post on teh East Coast of Missouri. I know of at least two toyotas coming from the KC area...
Ok STL Area Taco owners...here is fair warning of an upcoming excellent Toyota offroad event in Missouri.
The weekend of September 23, 24 & 25 in Seymour MO at SMORR (Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch). A special toyota weekend put on by a few midwest toyota offroad clubs. (TLCA, Tall Corn, Tornado Alley Cruiser, etc) Daily drivers with no lifts to trailered in 4x4 rigs...

Mild to wild trails.
Camping
Kids events
Door Prizes

This will be the 3rd year in a row my brother (TW: bowyer2002) & I have gone. It is a great facility and an excellent event for first time or seasoned wheeler.

Shannon
Old 11-16-2012, 04:50 AM   #64
jeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BM3 1st Div.
Name: Jeff
jeff b's Tacoma Gallery
Selling the KC Day lighters and chrome grill insert. Pics on my sig no highway miles so everything is in near mint condition. KC's are stainless steel. $50.0 for all three lights and grill, no wiring or switch but all mounting hardware included. PM me for more pics or info. ******SOLD*****
Old 11-25-2012, 04:52 PM   #65
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
Wife and I are thinking of heading up that way for New Years Eve (debating between Dallas and KC), planning to spend Saturday-Tuesday. Are there any good free fireworks shows up that way? Or recommendations on hotels with good firework views? Ideas?
Old 11-25-2012, 05:23 PM   #66
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredofshaw View Post
Wife and I are thinking of heading up that way for New Years Eve (debating between Dallas and KC), planning to spend Saturday-Tuesday. Are there any good free fireworks shows up that way? Or recommendations on hotels with good firework views? Ideas?
Wow, that is a hard one, I have lived here in KC my whole life and have never seen fireworks on the NYE. I have heard a few illegal ones but a coordinated fireworks show, no. It is usually cold as shit here on the 31st probably why. Lots of good areas to party on NYE though. Plaza area, Power & Light, Hyatt downtown has a huge NYE party, martini corner has a good party as well, with access to 4 bars all the drinks, food, wine, and martini's for one cover charge.

This would be a fun area as well....
http://www.powerandlightdistrict.com...=new-years-eve
Old 11-28-2012, 04:26 AM   #67
jeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jeff b's Tacoma Gallery
$50 for three stainless never gonna rust super bright daylighters, anyone? ****SOLD****
Old 01-04-2013, 10:41 PM   #68
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Just recently got based at Whiteman AFB in Missouri. I think all of y'all from Kansas City are going to be the closest to me! Hopefully I can be at one of the meets some day!
Old 02-25-2013, 06:41 PM   #71
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Anybody in the Independence area want to pick me up from Chux Trux Saturday and let me hang out until they finish installing my lift on my truck? Haha
Old 02-26-2013, 06:09 AM   #72
BGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to all
Name: Baron
BGrutter's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not really in that area. But make sure you get your alignment checked out elsewhere after your lift. Tod at Tires Plus in Gladstone understands lifted trucks. Most of these lift shops in town will install the lift, but don't really have any idea, not tools to align properly. At least that's what he told me after being in the game for a while. I should note, he had nothing to gain when he told me that. I installed my ownlift and had it properly aligned when he told me this.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:24 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGrutter View Post
I'm not really in that area. But make sure you get your alignment checked out elsewhere after your lift. Tod at Tires Plus in Gladstone understands lifted trucks. Most of these lift shops in town will install the lift, but don't really have any idea, not tools to align properly. At least that's what he told me after being in the game for a while. I should note, he had nothing to gain when he told me that. I installed my ownlift and had it properly aligned when he told me this.
Thanks for the info! The shop I'm getting my lift installed at is doing an alignment as well while I'm there, but they're adding $100 to the price quote for the alignment... So if you know of anywhere else I could go that's not too far for cheaper than that let me know!
Old 02-28-2013, 07:02 PM   #74

jeff b's Tacoma Gallery
Meet up?
Old 02-28-2013, 07:03 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff b View Post
Meet up?
What do you mean?
Old 03-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #76
rrpatter is on a distinguished road
Name: Ren
rrpatter's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys I just moved up to the Kansas City area a few months ago looking to meet a few other taco owners around the area. If anyone is interested in getting a meet set up let me know!!
Old 03-01-2013, 08:58 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrpatter View Post
Hey guys I just moved up to the Kansas City area a few months ago looking to meet a few other taco owners around the area. If anyone is interested in getting a meet set up let me know!!
Welcome! I'd definitely be interested in a meet. I'm a little over an hour East from Kansas City. Only problem is that it seems people that are on TacomaWorld in this area rarely get on....
Old 03-01-2013, 09:10 PM   #78
rrpatter is on a distinguished road
Name: Ren
rrpatter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Welcome! I'd definitely be interested in a meet. I'm a little over an hour West from Kansas City. Only problem is that it seems people that are on TacomaWorld in this area rarely get on....
Ya from the post I can tell. well maybe we can change that I'm up for one anytime I'm not working. I'll be on here more often now that I found this local forum.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:18 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrpatter View Post
Ya from the post I can tell. well maybe we can change that I'm up for one anytime I'm not working. I'll be on here more often now that I found this local forum.
Awesome, hopefully we can get a few more active users in here and set something up!
Old 03-02-2013, 10:45 AM   #80
Solar Sparky
Strugglebucket is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Boom Operator
Name: Aaron
Strugglebucket's Tacoma Gallery
Kinda surprised this thread isn't more active. There are a TON of tacos up here by Parkville. They are all pretty stock though. Must be broke as well! I've been looking for folks to do some wrenching with. This is my first Taco and I'm sure others in the local area have experience with most of my planned mods/repairs. I do most of my own work out of the garage, but transmissions are heavy! Maybe after I at least have the truck road worthy, We can all get a meet together. Sounds like a consolidated effort would be fun for all!