Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Mid West

Notices

Kansas City, MO - TW Member Introductions

Old 04-27-2013, 07:10 AM   #101
Oper8r is on a distinguished road

Army: Iraq War Vet
Oper8r's Tacoma Gallery
Hey PCB, How is the lift and how was chux trux? What parts did you go with? I am new to Tacomas, but I just can't get it out of my head that I need to be riding just a little higher.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:14 AM   #102
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oper8r View Post
Hey PCB, How is the lift and how was chux trux? What parts did you go with? I am new to Tacomas, but I just can't get it out of my head that I need to be riding just a little higher.
As for the lift and Chux Trux, it was great overall.

For parts I went the Bilstein 5100's all around, Eibach coils, and a 2" Pro Comp add-a-leaf.

Chux Trux is a little expensive, but overall they were great to deal with.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:30 PM   #103

Oper8r's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, I need to start shopping around 4x4 shops in the area.

Are there any groups that get together to hit some dirt? Is there a different thread to check for that? I feel like I need to put a couple inches on my truck and get rid of the rigid sport suspension before I can hit anything too extreme, but now that I have a truck I want to treat it like a truck.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:42 PM   #104
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Nice, I need to start shopping around 4x4 shops in the area.

Are there any groups that get together to hit some dirt? Is there a different thread to check for that? I feel like I need to put a couple inches on my truck and get rid of the rigid sport suspension before I can hit anything too extreme, but now that I have a truck I want to treat it like a truck.
Unfortunately the Missouri area is very boring when it comes to TacomaWorld. No meets or anything...
Old 04-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #105

Oper8r's Tacoma Gallery
Ever been to the St Joe ORV trails? I'm looking for varying degrees of off road and a place to camp. St Joe is about 30-40 minutes north of me so I want to try it out.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:38 PM   #106
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ever been to the St Joe ORV trails? I'm looking for varying degrees of off road and a place to camp. St Joe is about 30-40 minutes north of me so I want to try it out.
You talking about St Joseph, MO? The St Joe ORV is over by St Louis.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:32 AM   #107

Oper8r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendooman View Post
You talking about St Joseph, MO? The St Joe ORV is over by St Louis.
Welp nevermind then. That sucks
Old 04-28-2013, 12:47 PM   #108

Yeah, St. Louis it way to far for me to drive just to trial ride for the weekend.

I went to Potawatomi Off Road park a month ago, it was okay except it rained. Turned everything to slop.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:36 PM   #109

Oper8r's Tacoma Gallery
In Michigan? I'm taking a road trip out that way in a couple weeks, I might have to take a drive out there. You think it would be alright driving a sport with no lift?
Old 04-28-2013, 06:40 PM   #110

Oper8r's Tacoma Gallery
Nevermind, google maps took me to the one in Michigan.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:11 PM   #111
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
There are two places close to KC that I know of legally

KC rocks around ft Scott, about two hours
Randolph ORV, by Manhattan, again about two hours.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:39 AM   #112

Oper8r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
As for the lift and Chux Trux, it was great overall.

For parts I went the Bilstein 5100's all around, Eibach coils, and a 2" Pro Comp add-a-leaf.

Chux Trux is a little expensive, but overall they were great to deal with.
PCB, I am about to level my truck with the 5100s and I have seen people comment on the lifts/levels to make sure the driver side is a little higher than the passenger side. Did you do this? If so how/why? I ask how because I think the four settings on the 5100s are too far apart to make the truck level when the driver is in.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:02 PM   #113
19taco98 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dalton
19taco98's Tacoma Gallery
need to set up a meet soon for Kansas area! manhattan, kc
Old 04-02-2014, 01:47 PM   #114
brs127s has a spectacular aura aboutbrs127s has a spectacular aura aboutbrs127s has a spectacular aura about
brs127s's Tacoma Gallery
To anybody interested, MO4WD is holding our Spring Jamboree this weekend: http://www.mo4wd.com/index.php?topic=1260.0
Old 04-19-2014, 05:25 PM   #115
Sacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Sacrifice's Tacoma Gallery
Just saw this thread. I'm in Shawnee. Saw a double cab yesterday night near the plaza that had high clearance rear with swingout, front bumper, bed rack and rtt. Anybody's here?
Old 04-19-2014, 06:35 PM   #116
TheRedHorseman will become famous soon enough
TheRedHorseman's Tacoma Gallery
Not me.

If you see somebody driving around near downtown in a 1st gen double cab looking like he's lost, that's probably me.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:39 PM   #117
Sacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Haha. I should mention it was a second gen.

I'm not down that way much except when I'm out riding the motorcycle. But I do work in riverside. If you ever see a debadged white dcsb 2nd gen with blacked out headlights it'd be me. Anyone trying to grab some grub and beers sometime?
Old 04-19-2014, 06:50 PM   #118
Once I get settled in I'm down. Still in the process of getting moved in from Arizona.

Maybe next weekend would work. I'm scheduled to be at Mizzou making the magic happen with work all week.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:06 PM   #119
So out of curiosity, is there some sort of stupid law against changing bumpers out here? I have seen very few vehicles with aftermarket stuff on them in the KC area over the last week.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:21 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedHorseman View Post
So out of curiosity, is there some sort of stupid law against changing bumpers out here? I have seen very few vehicles with aftermarket stuff on them in the KC area over the last week.
Nope there aren't. You can doo whatever pretty much and not get any trouble about it. But if you are tagged in mo I'd recommend finding a way to attach the front license plate (although a lot of people don't run one and don't have much trouble)