Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Mid West

Notices

colorado road condition / weather question

Old 09-21-2010, 07:02 AM   #1
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
colorado road condition / weather question

i was thinking about taking a road trip to so cal at the end of november to visit my family.

typically, for the end of november, how are the road conditions on I-70 from denver to utah? can i expect lots of snow or road closures? is I-70 still passable with lots of snow? i would need chains, huh?

would a better route be to take I-25 to I-40 through new mexico and arizona. would that route experience any snow or road closures?

thanks,
Old 09-21-2010, 07:20 AM   #2
I bleed Black and Gold
cheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant future

Name: Adam
cheehab's Tacoma Gallery
Take 70. The bad parts are usually the tunnel and Vail Pass. Once you get to Glenwood it's usually pretty smooth sailing. Obviously, if there is a monster storm coming I might plan around it a little bit and wait it out, because while the highway might be open and passable, it might not be fun. I have never even entertained the thought of buying tire chains, the Tacoma does a damn fine job.

PS It might not be a bad idea to get your tires siped. It's pretty cheap to do and will make a HUGE difference in the snow.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:37 AM   #3
wilsonpj is a jewel in the roughwilsonpj is a jewel in the roughwilsonpj is a jewel in the rough
Name: Pete
wilsonpj's Tacoma Gallery
You should be fine. We really don't get the big storms till the late winter/spring time.

Whatever you do don't take 40. It will add 6+ hours to your trip. I've made that mistake before and won't ever do it again.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:47 AM   #4
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
thanks guys.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:57 AM   #6
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
You will be fine I drive I70 all the time in the winter. They will close it if its that bad.