Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Mid West

Notices

Feeler - Omaha, NE Taco Meet...

Old 12-14-2010, 12:05 PM   #1
The lice...they hate the sugar
Richard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ted
Richard Cranium's Tacoma Gallery
Feeler - Omaha, NE Taco Meet...

Hi everybody,

I'm pretty new to the forum and after a bit of searching, it looks like there might be enough of us in the Omaha metro, Lincoln and surrounding areas to get together for a meet up. There aren't a ton places for OHV's and off-roading around this part of the state, so I figure we could get together and share some stories & mods, places to throw some mud, etc...even if you know somebody with a 4Runner or FJ that might be interested, share!

Just putting out a feeler - speak up if you're interested!
Old 12-14-2010, 12:37 PM   #2
Doc Holiday is on a distinguished road
Doc Holiday's Tacoma Gallery
Yea ok I'd b in!
Old 12-14-2010, 01:19 PM   #3
w4lter is on a distinguished road
w4lter's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in, I was surprised that there wasn't a big 4x4 community here. This sounds fun.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:48 PM   #4
Beating Anorexia since 1976
OmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OmahaStylee's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not big into wheelin' & I don't have a lot of mods, but I'd be game for at least gettin' together to see what everyone else has.

If we were to meet up at some place with good bar food & beer (burgers/wings, etc.) I don't think I'd pass it up unless the scheduling was an issue.

consider me in!

Just got home with a fresh set of meats (BFG A/T 32/11.5/15's) mounted up on a set of American Racing black steel wheels... gonna go mount 'em up.
Pics to come.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:27 PM   #5
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in, schedule permitting.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:30 PM   #6
swendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
swendling12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeith747 View Post
I'm in, schedule permitting.

Me too.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:47 AM   #7
Richard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sweet, got some replies! I got a few PM's too from people that are interested.

Anyone have any places they love to go? I'm at 168th & HWY 370 but go anywhere in town. One of my fav places is der Huber Haus/Crescent Moon down on 36th & Farnam. Not so much for food there, but great German beers. Brewsky's on 156th & Q is another good place if anyone else has been there.

I'm thinking some time mid-January or Feb to get us together - plenty of time for more people to see this and for everyone's schedule.

Thoughts/input?
Old 12-15-2010, 07:16 AM   #8
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
last weekend of January and all weekends in February are open for me.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:05 PM   #9
OmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Cranium View Post
Anyone have any places they love to go? I'm at 168th & HWY 370 but go anywhere in town. One of my fav places is der Huber Haus/Crescent Moon down on 36th & Farnam. Not so much for food there, but great German beers. Brewsky's on 156th & Q is another good place if anyone else has been there.

Thoughts/input?
I drive by the Crescent Moon quite often on the way home from work - always wanted to go there,
but I'm thinking if we're gonna do a meet maybe we should do it out west where there's more parking & less one way streets?
I'm thinking it would also be a little easier for Lincolnites if we met on the west end.

I've never been to Brewsky's before, but it sounds like my kind of place.
The Varsity @ 14529 'F' St. is another name I'd toss in the hat for ideas.
There's also a Buffalo Wild Wings close by @ 4287 South 144th Street.

January looks good for me. I think all my Saturdays are open.
In February I might possibly be heading to Colorado for the weekend of the 25th-27th.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:09 PM   #10
How about the waterfall out by 168th and 370? I'm off 174th and Harrison!
Old 12-15-2010, 09:16 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holiday View Post
How about the waterfall out by 168th and 370? I'm off 174th and Harrison!
lol, I'm in Tiburon View apartments...about 500 yards from Waterfall!!! My selfish vote goes here!
Old 12-19-2010, 05:45 PM   #12
Slip is on a distinguished road

Slip's Tacoma Gallery
Schedule permitting, I'd be in.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:21 AM   #13
TacoBlitz is on a distinguished road
Name: Jake
TacoBlitz's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, I'm really surprised to see how many people on tw are from Omaha.

I think it would be great to do some sort of a meet. I would definitely do my best to make it. I would prefer sometime in February (upland game season will be over and I feel like scheduling would probably be easier for most), but that doesn't necessarily mean that I wouldn't be able to make it if we decide to do it in January.

Good luck planning it and good to see everyone.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:56 PM   #14
Facial bones colapse as I crack your skull in half
WTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
WTtoolman's Tacoma Gallery
This sounds interesting....Keep me posted!!
Old 12-30-2010, 09:45 AM   #15
Any decisions been made or any one got any updates?
Old 12-30-2010, 11:10 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holiday View Post
Any decisions been made or any one got any updates?
Haven't made any decisions yet. I'm thinking Feb would be better for most people, plus the weather will hopefully slightly nicer.

Plus, I'd like to leave this here a little longer in case more Omaha/Lincoln people see it. I saw a Satoshi'd blue double cab today and tried to point him towards my TW sticker on my back window.

I'll PM everyone in this thread sometime in the next 2-3 weeks.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:52 PM   #17
Facial bones colapse as I crack your skull in half
WTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
WTtoolman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Cranium View Post

I saw a Satoshi'd blue double cab today
What part of Omaha did you see this?
Old 12-31-2010, 06:22 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTtoolman View Post
What part of Omaha did you see this?
Papillion/La Vista...84th St. pulling out of the old Walmart complex, next to the McDonalds, accross the street from Sol's pawn shop. It turned East on Giles off of 84th.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:26 PM   #19
A10MileHusker is on a distinguished road

A10MileHusker's Tacoma Gallery
Would love to but no longer in Omaha
Old 01-19-2011, 02:48 PM   #20

BUMP...

I'm gonna be out of town Feb. 25th - 27th
Puh-leeease don't plan the meet for that weekend
- I'd be super bummed to miss out.