Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Mid West

Notices

Advice for Moving to Minnesota

Old 02-01-2011, 07:47 PM   #1
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Advice for Moving to Minnesota

In the coming years there is a possibility that I may end up in the Minneapolis area. Anyone have any advice as to nice neighborhoods/suburbs.

Kind of like the AZ Version.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:54 PM   #2
A7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
A7XTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Get a good jacket
Old 02-01-2011, 07:55 PM   #3
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by A7XTaco View Post
Get a good jacket
And a touque
Old 02-01-2011, 08:06 PM   #4
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Get a good jacket
"training" for that now... windchill of -40 tonight
Old 02-01-2011, 08:10 PM   #5
A7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
A7XTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNut View Post
"training" for that now... windchill of -40 tonight
I know the feeling, we are at 13 right now, with a wind chill of -3. Last time I felt this cold was in Minnesota.

Never expected it in north dallas!
Old 02-01-2011, 08:15 PM   #6

TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I know the feeling, we are at 13 right now, with a wind chill of -3. Last time I felt this cold was in Minnesota.

Never expected it in north dallas!
hahaha. I don't know why I moved up here to flag... should of stayed in PHX a warm 54 degrees there right now... That's T-Shirt weather!!!
Old 02-01-2011, 08:19 PM   #7
tacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacovic's Tacoma Gallery
ya ive lived in a st. paul suburb for the last 14 years. Great area with great schools. If you have any questions let me know.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:38 PM   #8

TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacovic View Post
ya ive lived in a st. paul suburb for the last 14 years. Great area with great schools. If you have any questions let me know.
any info on what the Hamel/Medina area is like?
Old 02-02-2011, 08:11 AM   #9

TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
bump?
Old 02-02-2011, 09:56 AM   #10
Bring Yuengling To MN!
angrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

angrysam's Tacoma Gallery
The west side of the metro area is a good choice. The metro seems to be expanding west more versus south or north so most of the jobs seem to be on that side. Pretty sure Medina is a decent area. Most of the 'burbs just west of "the loop" are good.

Advice- Try ice fishing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling and all the "fun" winter stuff. Then GTFO and go back where the weather is good. Lol
Old 02-02-2011, 07:36 PM   #11

TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrysam View Post
The west side of the metro area is a good choice. The metro seems to be expanding west more versus south or north so most of the jobs seem to be on that side. Pretty sure Medina is a decent area. Most of the 'burbs just west of "the loop" are good.

Advice- Try ice fishing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling and all the "fun" winter stuff. Then GTFO and go back where the weather is good. Lol
I take it the loop is made by the 494 and 694??
Old 02-03-2011, 09:52 AM   #12
Bring Yuengling To MN!
angrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

angrysam's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNut View Post
I take it the loop is made by the 494 and 694??
You got it.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:16 AM   #13
brp is on a distinguished road
brp's Tacoma Gallery
Hamel and Medina are on the NW edge of the suburbs. My aunt lives in Medina in a brand new townhouse and has cows for neighbors. The good aspect of that area is you have some dirt roads and a country feel very close by. If you like to hunt and see the stars, that opportunity is not far away. The bad is that if you need to get downtown or to the St. Paul side, you are spending a long time in your Taco. Also, you probably won't be able to walk to any shops, entertainment, etc.

Elm Creek Park is right there and is a huge park. Probably 20 miles of trails, a man made sand bottom pool, sledding hill, lakes, cool place.

If you do move to MN you gotta check out the Boundary Waters, the most beautiful and pristine place you may ever find.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:09 PM   #14
tacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacovic's Tacoma Gallery
Well if you need info on areas east of the cities let me know. I know a lot about that area. Not very familiar with Hamel or Medina. There are tons of things to do around the Twin Cities. Like brp said, check out the Boundary Waters. I go up there a couple times every year and its my favorite place.