Nebraska where you at???

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-21-2013, 04:36 AM   #241
Crème fraîche.
ScissorMeTimbers is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Staff Sergeant - Electronic Warfare
Name: Matt
ScissorMeTimbers's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know how to do the black headlight mod? I know how to work on aircraft computer but I don't know squat about how to do car mods...except maybe plastiderp.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:32 AM   #242
Silver12 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Silver12's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...light-mod.html
Old 02-21-2013, 06:24 AM   #243
Crème fraîche.

Thanks for the link, already had it book marked. To clarify, im looking for someone who has done it before and wanted to help since it will be my first time and if I screw up, my wife will be less likely to support further mods...or kill me.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:36 PM   #244
Black3144 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack3144 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack3144 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack3144 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack3144 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack3144 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack3144 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack3144 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack3144 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack3144 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack3144 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Aircraft Electrician
Black3144's Tacoma Gallery
I did mine last summer, its not that bad. Just gotta make sure to seal them real well. I would do it in the spring time so you can paint them outside and they will cure better. Where do you work at on base?
Old 02-22-2013, 04:07 PM   #245
Loves Sammiches.
J Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 25B - IT
Name: Jared
J Rod's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScissorMeTimbers View Post
Anyone know how to do the black headlight mod? I know how to work on aircraft computer but I don't know squat about how to do car mods...except maybe plastiderp.
I can help if you wait a week. I am still in Virginia but will be making the trip back Friday. Better yet, two weeks would be best for me so I can unpack. I have done two sets as well as retrofitted two sets of headlights. It's pretty simple. Assuming that you have an oven and basic hand tools right?

EDIT - I work for beer

Hahahah.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:10 PM   #246
Loves Sammiches.
J Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shed

J Rod's Tacoma Gallery
Hopefully when it starts to get warmer we can set up some "Mod Days" like the guys do down here in Virginia. Good time to meet some new faces, turn wrenches, and grill out at the least.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:26 PM   #247
Crème fraîche.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black3144 View Post
I did mine last summer, its not that bad. Just gotta make sure to seal them real well. I would do it in the spring time so you can paint them outside and they will cure better. Where do you work at on base?
I work EW at the 55th ISS. Saw a silver Tacoma w/ BHLM drive into the Bennie Davis today, that you?
Old 02-22-2013, 06:28 PM   #248
Crème fraîche.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Rod View Post
Hopefully when it starts to get warmer we can set up some "Mod Days" like the guys do down here in Virginia. Good time to meet some new faces, turn wrenches, and grill out at the least.
I was going to change my spark plugs tomorrow and thinking about doing the BHLM at the same time, my friend is going to help. If we screw it up then ill definitely get us some more beer and let you know.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:12 PM   #249
Black3144 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack3144 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack3144 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack3144 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack3144 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack3144 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack3144 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack3144 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack3144 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack3144 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack3144 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Aircraft Electrician
Black3144's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah that was me going to the Bennie Davis Bldg. Good luck on the mod, let us know if you need help.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:21 PM   #250
Loves Sammiches.

J Rod's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScissorMeTimbers View Post
I was going to change my spark plugs tomorrow and thinking about doing the BHLM at the same time, my friend is going to help. If we screw it up then ill definitely get us some more beer and let you know.
How did it turn out?
Old 02-26-2013, 04:39 AM   #251
Crème fraîche.

BHLM wasn't too bad for my first time I think, I'll take pictures today. Spark plugs were a pain in the ass but definitely needed to be replaced.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:09 PM   #252
usaf is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Airborne
Name: Garrett
usaf's Tacoma Gallery
How's it going guys? I'm here at Offutt with a few of ya as well. Might have seen my Taco in the 97th parking lot. Speedway Blue Double Cab 07. Recently did a 3 inch suspension lift with Walker Evans Racing Shocks all the way around and a new Allpro front bumper on it.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:06 PM   #253
Crème fraîche.

Post some pics! I want to see more of the bumper
Old 03-02-2013, 05:12 PM   #254

usaf's Tacoma Gallery
Here ya go man
Attached Thumbnails
Nebraska where you at???-001.jpg   Nebraska where you at???-002.jpg   Nebraska where you at???-003.jpg   Nebraska where you at???-004.jpg  
Old 03-04-2013, 07:35 AM   #255
Loves Sammiches.

J Rod's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks good man! Prolly will see me floating around Bellevue and sometimes on base at the commissary and gym if you go there. I have a silver DCLB with XD wheels and a thin lip satoshi on it. Have you guys fount any good spots to wheel around here that you won't get a ticket doing so?
Old 03-04-2013, 10:25 AM   #256

usaf's Tacoma Gallery
Did a little playing around yesterday out on a minimal maintenance road just across the bridge out of Bellevue in Iowa. There are a lot of those roads out in Iowa but that’s all I have found around here unless you drive down to Tuttle Creek in Manhattan Kansas.
Attached Thumbnails
Nebraska where you at???-001.jpg   Nebraska where you at???-003.jpg  
Old 03-15-2013, 02:32 PM   #257
jhatheway is on a distinguished road

Army: C co 1-134th Longe Range Surveillance
Name: Josh
jhatheway's Tacoma Gallery
If anyone is interested
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=268387
Old 03-20-2013, 01:40 PM   #258
Loves Sammiches.

J Rod's Tacoma Gallery
So uh.... Spring.. Where you at????
Old 03-20-2013, 01:54 PM   #259
Hambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to behold

Hambone155's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Hambone155
spring does not exist in this state, god hates us and only gives us freezing cold or burning hot.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:18 AM   #260
The lice...they hate the sugar
Richard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ted
Richard Cranium's Tacoma Gallery
Fuggin shib, no joke...18 yesterday morning and breezy = no bueno.

Products Discussed in this Thread