LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Mid West

Notices

Michigan CPL Renewal

Old 01-12-2012, 09:55 AM   #1
gooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
Name: Kyle
gooch14's Tacoma Gallery
Michigan CPL Renewal

Anyone had to renew their CPL yet?

I have questions on how your county works.

In Van Buren county they're being twats, I can't re-apply before mine expires without knocking off a year on the new one's length.

So my b-day is this month, If I go renew now, my new CPL will only be good for 4 years intead of 5, if I go after my birthday I'm without a CPL for atleast a few weeks possibly 6 weeks while I wait for the gun board to meet and them to make a determination.

The way I hear other counties do it is they allow the applicants to apply for renewal up to 6 months prior to expiration, and just carry with old CPL and toss old when new CPL takes affect, like your car insurance.

Please let me know how your county works so I may compare and head to the gun board meeting prepared.

Thanks
Old 01-12-2012, 10:03 AM   #2
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
In Oregon you can go in anytime before your birthday. I renewed mine last Friday and between the time I parked and got done it was 9 minutes. In the door, pay the fee, get an updated picture taken and back to the truck. My permit was in the mail that afternoon and in my wallet the next day. I was amazed and fast and easy it was. Finally a government agency that got it right.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:06 AM   #3
gooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
Name: Kyle
gooch14's Tacoma Gallery
My county clerk, whenever you try to explain their error and how it should work say; 'it can't be more than 5 years or less than 4 years that the cpl is good for'

they can't grasp that it would have an effective on, and an effective through date.

If i told a cop that I didn't renew my insurance or license because it couldn't be for longer than 5 years so i was waiting for 4 years and 11 months I'd get laughed at and written a ticket.