1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Michigan CPL Renewal

Discussion in 'Mid West' started by gooch14, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Jan 12, 2012 at 9:55 AM
    gooch14

gooch14 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    2011 Blk DC Taco SR5 4x LB
    Bestop, Child Seats, petrified french fry, dog hair, empty Mtn Dew cans cracked windshield, scratches.
    Anyone had to renew their CPL yet?

I have questions on how your county works.

In Van Buren county they're being twats, I can't re-apply before mine expires without knocking off a year on the new one's length.

So my b-day is this month, If I go renew now, my new CPL will only be good for 4 years intead of 5, if I go after my birthday I'm without a CPL for atleast a few weeks possibly 6 weeks while I wait for the gun board to meet and them to make a determination.

The way I hear other counties do it is they allow the applicants to apply for renewal up to 6 months prior to expiration, and just carry with old CPL and toss old when new CPL takes affect, like your car insurance.

Please let me know how your county works so I may compare and head to the gun board meeting prepared.

Thanks

2. Jan 12, 2012 at 10:03 AM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    In Oregon you can go in anytime before your birthday. I renewed mine last Friday and between the time I parked and got done it was 9 minutes. In the door, pay the fee, get an updated picture taken and back to the truck. My permit was in the mail that afternoon and in my wallet the next day. I was amazed and fast and easy it was. Finally a government agency that got it right.

3. Jan 12, 2012 at 10:06 AM
    gooch14

gooch14 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    2011 Blk DC Taco SR5 4x LB
    Bestop, Child Seats, petrified french fry, dog hair, empty Mtn Dew cans cracked windshield, scratches.
    My county clerk, whenever you try to explain their error and how it should work say; 'it can't be more than 5 years or less than 4 years that the cpl is good for'

they can't grasp that it would have an effective on, and an effective through date.

If i told a cop that I didn't renew my insurance or license because it couldn't be for longer than 5 years so i was waiting for 4 years and 11 months I'd get laughed at and written a ticket.

4. May 24, 2014 at 12:10 PM
    Rybo

Rybo New Member

Member:
    Grand Rapids
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD
    None yet
    If you have any questions give me a call. I own Conceal and Carry of Mid Michigan. 517-896-3260

www.midmichigancpl.com

FMRAV4 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top