Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Mid West

Notices

Tacos in St. Louis area

Old 05-12-2013, 05:35 AM   #521
ToyoDrew will become famous soon enoughToyoDrew will become famous soon enough

Air Force:
ToyoDrew's Tacoma Gallery
I might have to check out the one in Herculaneum, Mo since it's close to Arnold shooting range that I also plan to check out.

Looks like Seeger is also a good place to check out too.

Thanks guys.

I must say that it's awesome to see a variaty of good experiences from so many different dealers within an hour of each other! This way, we are not limited to one dealer (which not only helps give us a better selection, it also helps with negotiations).
Old 05-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #523
Old Sheepdog
Primersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Primersinmyshoe's Tacoma Gallery
Bought mine from Seeger. Mark Wyers was the salesman. Good guy.

I am a member of ARPC (Arnold Rifle and Pistol Club). We should meet up and do a little shooting.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:24 AM   #524
ToyoDrew will become famous soon enoughToyoDrew will become famous soon enough

Air Force:
ToyoDrew's Tacoma Gallery
How do you like ARPC? It looks like a good range (from what little I have seen of it on their website) and I like all the activities it hosts too. I was going to check it out and join towards the end of last year, but then I was tagged with my deployment and I decided to wait until I return. I'll definitely hit you up and meet you out there once I return (and get a new Tacoma)!
Old 05-14-2013, 02:57 PM   #525
Old Sheepdog
Primersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I've been a member of ARPC for many years. I used to shoot IPSC matches back in the day. Have shot some steel and bull's eye. It's a good shooting club with something for just about anybody. I even broke in the 4WD on the Taco on the back road in the back of the club. (it's not rough, just gravel. But it was enough to let me test out the truck).

By all means, look me up when you get back and we'll do a little shooting.

Thank you for your service! I hope you stay safe over there. Bring back ammo!
Old 06-11-2013, 07:01 PM   #526
headhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

headhunter247's Tacoma Gallery
What do all of you think about planning a meet for July somewhere in STL???
Old 06-11-2013, 07:10 PM   #528
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco42 View Post
Finally got pics of the custom light bar that Axleboy did for me. I think it came out great. And they made a few more if anyone else is interested. You choose the number of light tabs, powder coat, etc...

Looks bad ass!!
Old 06-11-2013, 07:14 PM   #529
headhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Last time we met at Jefferson Barracks park and did a little grilling and played some bags. I thought maybe we could do something of the sort, maybe somewhere in Forest Park? I think that's a little more central for everyone? Im open to other suggestions though.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #530
PreRunning is a glorious beacon of lightPreRunning is a glorious beacon of lightPreRunning is a glorious beacon of lightPreRunning is a glorious beacon of lightPreRunning is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Clayton
PreRunning's Tacoma Gallery
A meet sounds awesome! Forest park is a little out of the way for no wheeling .
Old 06-12-2013, 05:00 AM   #532
Old Sheepdog

How about Lone Elk?

http://www.stlouisco.com/ParksandRec...kPages/LoneElk
Old 06-12-2013, 05:53 AM   #533

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primersinmyshoe View Post
Id be ok with that. Regardless Ill be the one with the longest drive I think. Its probably a lot better than Forest Park
Old 06-12-2013, 07:21 AM   #535
Old Sheepdog

Or how about George Winter Park?
Old 06-17-2013, 07:43 PM   #536
jenk34 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jordan
jenk34's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys,

Just stumbled up on STL thread. I live in Southern Illinois. I have a 2012 double cab with the off road package. I love the truck, but....

I was hauling a mattress home from St. Louis for a friend on Father's Day. I pulled off of 64 east at exit 34. I got to the stop sign on the off ramp, and turned left. All of the sudden I heard a loud thumping noise (literally thought a rear tired shredded. So I pull over to the shoulder and get out of my truck. Get out to see that the front ratchet strap wasn't there...

I see that the front right bed cleat was snapped in half, rubber all around my rear sliding window was dented (luckily no broken window), dents/scratches on the cab under the window, and a 3 inch portion of the top rail of my bed liner cracked and shredded to the fiberglass.

I look under my truck to see the entire strap wrapped around the drive shaft, muffler dented to hell and metal plate covering the gas tank dented to hell also. Sick to my stomach. The extra strap got sucked between the bed and the cab.

I guess things could have been worse. No broken window, minimal (to the eye) cosmetic damage, and from what I can tell, the drive shaft is fine. I'm taking it to a friend that is a mechanic to inspect.

From what I can see, it is going to be about $3500.00 to fix, and like I said, the damage is very minimal. The entire bed liner will need to be replaced, new sliding rear window, bed removed to fix dents on cab, new ehaust and guard plates. A canopy top would hide all of the damage, I just hate to leave it unfixed on my new truck.

I will post some pictures for you guys tomorrow, if anyone is interested in my misfortune...
Old 06-17-2013, 08:01 PM   #537
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenk34 View Post
Hey guys,

Just stumbled up on STL thread. I live in Southern Illinois. I have a 2012 double cab with the off road package. I love the truck, but....

I was hauling a mattress home from St. Louis for a friend on Father's Day. I pulled off of 64 east at exit 34. I got to the stop sign on the off ramp, and turned left. All of the sudden I heard a loud thumping noise (literally thought a rear tired shredded. So I pull over to the shoulder and get out of my truck. Get out to see that the front ratchet strap wasn't there...

I see that the front right bed cleat was snapped in half, rubber all around my rear sliding window was dented (luckily no broken window), dents/scratches on the cab under the window, and a 3 inch portion of the top rail of my bed liner cracked and shredded to the fiberglass.

I look under my truck to see the entire strap wrapped around the drive shaft, muffler dented to hell and metal plate covering the gas tank dented to hell also. Sick to my stomach. The extra strap got sucked between the bed and the cab.

I guess things could have been worse. No broken window, minimal (to the eye) cosmetic damage, and from what I can tell, the drive shaft is fine. I'm taking it to a friend that is a mechanic to inspect.

From what I can see, it is going to be about $3500.00 to fix, and like I said, the damage is very minimal. The entire bed liner will need to be replaced, new sliding rear window, bed removed to fix dents on cab, new ehaust and guard plates. A canopy top would hide all of the damage, I just hate to leave it unfixed on my new truck.

I will post some pictures for you guys tomorrow, if anyone is interested in my misfortune...
Dang man - you're saying that the extra strap was the cause, right? Or do you blame the failed cleat? I always tie up the extra strap on a tiedown but I honestly never really believed they could do much damage if they got caught up in the drivetrain. Would love to see photos and thanks for the heads up!
Old 06-17-2013, 08:06 PM   #538
Please keep TW beautiful: search & stay on topic
BBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BBYE V8's Tacoma Gallery
Ouch, man I am sorry to hear that. But yes, pictures would be appreciated, especially of the section of the bed that was damaged. I've always wondered how tough these poly/fiber beds would be...I guess you now know. Do you know how much to replace the bed alone?
Old 06-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #539
jenk34's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
Dang man - you're saying that the extra strap was the cause, right? Or do you blame the failed cleat? I always tie up the extra strap on a tiedown but I honestly never really believed they could do much damage if they got caught up in the drivetrain. Would love to see photos and thanks for the heads up!
Yeah, the extra strap was the problem, not the cleat. It was my own fault for not tying the extra strap to the tight strap.

I'll post some photos tomorrow.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:27 PM   #540
jenk34's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBYE V8 View Post
Ouch, man I am sorry to hear that. But yes, pictures would be appreciated, especially of the section of the bed that was damaged. I've always wondered how tough these poly/fiber beds would be...I guess you now know. Do you know how much to replace the bed alone?
The bed liner is pretty tough. I'm just pissed because it messed up about a 3 inch section on the very top of the liner, but my feeling is that the entire bed liner will need to be replaced. It's only a small cosmetic thing, but it bugs the hell out of me.

I looked on a few websites and found the bed liner for around $1100. I could almost but a camper top to hide all of the damage for the price of a new bed liner...