Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Mid West

Notices

Up to E10

Old 07-20-2012, 01:40 PM   #1
Albanello is on a distinguished road
Albanello's Tacoma Gallery
Up to E10

Hi

I just bought a 2012 Tacoma and noticed the gas cap was labled "Up to E10" ! I looked in the owners manual and it said to NOT use Ethanol fuel greater than E10 otherwise serious engine damage may occure AND void the warranty.

Has anyone else seen this. What is your opinion ? Sound to me like Toyota is trying to position itself to get out of engine work.

Currently the station around me only have E10. But what happens if/when E15 comes on the market, if it ever does.

Your input/comment would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Albanello
Old 07-20-2012, 08:05 PM   #3
Albanello is on a distinguished road
Albanello's Tacoma Gallery
Generally when E15 goes on the market all stations have to supply it in that market, by Law. Also just because it is not in my part of the country does not mean it will not be in another part. What happens if I'm traveling cross country and I get into a area that has started using it. I don't know how EPA will deal with this but I don't like the idea of Toyota selling trucks that will have a problem if/when the EPA starts forcing stations to start supplying E15.

I'm am new to this but my understanding is ALL older vehicals will have a problem. I'm just looking for someone else that may have some information or direct me to a site that has information. I have already searched the internet and the stuff I see is not good.

Thank You for your reply
albanello